Murray Football League - General Thread June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Toc and Rumba to look to move leagues at end of year. (no basis, creating topic).

Interesting one when Rumba where nearly demanding to be put into the GV only a few years ago. Surely they will be right to build again and become competitive at this level. What would be there options, Picola League?

Interesting one when Rumba where nearly demanding to be put into the GV only a few years ago. Surely they will be right to build again and become competitive at this level. What would be there options, Picola League?

Or KDFL I guess !

They'd wanna be quick & beat tonny to the punch..
Have heard that Toc might be in talks with Yarroweyah about a merger. Is this an easy option for clubs that are not competitive to just drop back a level. Would of thought with some planning and patients that every side in the league could get to the competitive point of the competition. Have we got to the point that if we are not playing finals we are not sustainable??

I
Have heard that Toc might be in talks with Yarroweyah about a merger. Is this an easy option for clubs that are not competitive to just drop back a level. Would of thought with some planning and patients that every side in the league could get to the competitive point of the competition. Have we got to the point that if we are not playing finals we are not sustainable??

It seems that some of these clubs have not learned the lesson of Jerilderie in the late 80's & early 90's. You cannot keep importing players at the expense of your local players, before the feeder teams (ressies) start to look else where for a game. Eventually you get a prize and all the blow-ins disappear; you are left with less than half a club. Happened at Mul a few years back, Toc after their granny and will happen again. Money is surely spoiling our local game.

They'd wanna be quick & beat tonny to the punch..
i dont think you will ever see tonny stoop that low and play in the worst league in the state. sorry mate u kdl lovers have got to realise how poor that comp really is. They were only in the gv 6 years ago which is the best! as for Dave Newman he is the first of many signings down at tonny ive been told!!

i dont think you will ever see tonny stoop that low and play in the worst league in the state. sorry mate u kdl lovers have got to realise how poor that comp really is. They were only in the gv 6 years ago which is the best! as for Dave Newman he is the first of many signings down at tonny ive been told!!
you come across as a very astute person for someone that thinks they know something about nonething

Have heard rumours of Echuca United, in talking with Grant Weeks, Guy Campbell, Scott McGlone and Josh Edgar! Wouldn't they be some key in's to a side that is still a premiership favourite!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if I should value your post with this reply but I will;

Yes, the KDFL is currently on the bottom of the VCFL rankings (32nd), partly due to the way the rankings have been set up through the interleague application process - which has given the KDFL the label 'the worst in the state'. Many would argue strongly that the KDFL is actually better than that! The only chance the KDFL have had to show their wares has been in a one-off game against a strong PDFL-SE team. On the same logic the PDFL-SE is weaker than the PDFL-NW and from my experience it is definitely not the case.

My resources tell me that Tongala left the GVFL in search of a competition that they could compete in without the need of an excessive budget. I'd also suggest that they have moved into the MFL with the thought that they could reduce spending to be competitive. You and I know that they probably should have tried to maintain close to their GVFL budget to ensure prolonged success in the MFL. Dave Newman will be a great get for this proud club, with family ties, and I would hope that Tongala continue in the MFL for many years to come.

I am tipping a Finley vs Nathalia grandfinal. The purps have the best list in the league and should easily win with the mammoth recruiting drive they took on this year with Sheldon, Atkins, Gemmill and the likes.

Would also watch finley in the thirds, capable of great things i believe. Also keep on eye on Nathalia with proven finals performers like Hicks, Shannon, Bennie and young up and coming Bowen Smith. They had a great win over Barooga on the weekend.

would have thought the COBRAM FOOTBALL CLUB might have contacted a player about his Fractured Jaw, yeah, MABEY if they had some gonads.
They might have put in a complaint about the high hit from a united #1 player with his forearm. which a free was payed for, but AS I SAID NO GONADS...........

would have thought the COBRAM FOOTBALL CLUB might have contacted a player about his Fractured Jaw, yeah, MABEY if they had some gonads.
They might have put in a complaint about the high hit from a united #1 player with his forearm. which a free was payed for, but AS I SAID NO GONADS...........

Yabby to me the ones with the no "gonads" would be the umpires. If they saw enough to warrant a free, then they saw enough to warrant a report and send off. Especially if the hit was hard enough to fracture a jaw as you say. But then again thats been the norm all season. Lets hope the final series is not decided by umpire incompetence or bias.
Can any one give us a rundown on how the two finals played out on the weekend. I would have thought Cobram would have gone into that game favoured. And Finley to me was always going to be strong come finals time.

Yabby to me the ones with the no "gonads" would be the umpires. If they saw enough to warrant a free, then they saw enough to warrant a report and send off. Especially if the hit was hard enough to fracture a jaw as you say. But then again thats been the norm all season. Lets hope the final series is not decided by umpire incompetence or bias.
Can any one give us a rundown on how the two finals played out on the weekend. I would have thought Cobram would have gone into that game favoured. And Finley to me was always going to be strong come finals time.

Not sure if it's score you want, but here they are.

Elimination Final
Sat 1/Sep. . E.U 18.13-121 Elimination Final 1 Cobram 12.19-91

Echuca United def. Cobram

2:15 PM
Sun 2/Sep. Finley. 11.18-84 Elimination Final 2 Congupna 8.14-62

Finley def. Congupna

Mate Weekes recommitted to Golden Square last week-it was in the Bendigo Addy and he said if he was to play anywhere else in the future it would be with Rochester. He is not going to United!

Who's Weekes? I said Grant Week's you flogger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back