Not open for further replies.

blues fan

Debutant
Aug 18, 2009
Tatura
AFL Club
Carlton
Re: Murray Football League - Season 2010

Murray Leage beaten easily, The hapden league much more organised very well drilled outfit for an interleague side. Whats everyones thoughts of Toc, Deni and Mul not being represented when they def have players good enough to make the side. I for one think its very dissapointing.

All players should be held accountable for non participation at interleague; you see players with outstanding performances at club level then come up with excuses when asked to represent the MFL; unless they have a bad injury which has stopped them playing at club level, the excuse should not be accepted and the player suspended for the next club game unless he makes himself available.

All players should be held accountable for non participation at interleague; you see players with outstanding performances at club level then come up with excuses when asked to represent the MFL; unless they have a bad injury which has stopped them playing at club level, the excuse should not be accepted and the player suspended for the next club game unless he makes himself available.

Fair points, but at the end of the day its no use, at any level of football/sport/work/life, making someone do something that they do not want to do. It would be more detrimental to the side having players play only because they don't want to get rubbed out from a club game.

Fair points, but at the end of the day its no use, at any level of football/sport/work/life, making someone do something that they do not want to do. It would be more detrimental to the side having players play only because they don't want to get rubbed out from a club game.

I hear you Hank, but would think if clubs want to recruit top players we need to have a better rating on the VCFL ladder, thereby in the clubs interest to encourage players to participate.

I hear you Hank, but would think if clubs want to recruit top players we need to have a better rating on the VCFL ladder, thereby in the clubs interest to encourage players to participate.

I think there is some merit in players being financially rewarded to play interleague ?
Would obviously cost the league but in return would increased the likelyhood of a better squad and improved promotion of the league ?

Tips for this weekend

finley vs barooga 50 points

deni rams vs tongala 15 points

congupna vs nathalia 23 points

rumba vs numurkha 60 points

moama vs cobram 3 points

tocumwal vs mulwala 33 points

Gone a bit quiet on boys, so lets get some conversations going again......
Rumba starting to hit some form again. Next couple of weeks will be huge for us. Mul, Tonny, Cobram Moama Deni..... I'll be happy if we can win 3 out of 5. We got hit by a few tissue injuries on the weekend, playing the second half without a bench, and parts of the last quarter with 15 on the field. Still Numurkah should hold their heads high, they played mainly kids and to their credit they they never made excuses and put forward a good showing in the rooms afterwards.

Can someone give me an idea of how Muls shaping up?? i thought they'd be right up there again this year, but their results to date are quiet inconsistant. I know they beat Toc on the weekend, but so did Numurkah the week before, Is it injuries or something else?? How do people think they'll go this year in the finals series.

Moama on the other hand seem to be making there run for the finals in at the right time in my opinion, does anone else agree?? i think they're going to be cherrie ripe by the time finals get here.

Cobrams form doesn't surprise me at all. I wonder if Ozzy's done anything different to avoid going out in straight sets again?? From what i hear they've had a pretty good run with injuries, which is slightly different to last year?? maybe that'll make the difference in the end?

The Deni Rams and Birdies boys on the other hand i think will give a good showing of them selves from hear until the finals. From what i read it was a good game on the weekend, with Tonny just missing out on the points.
People's thoughts on these teams?

and here's a few additional questions to get people going, call it the half way quiz.

Team that's surprised you the most and why?
Probably Mulwala. I thought they'd improve off the back of missing out on the silverware last year

Top 3 Players to win the league B and F this year?
Beatie from Echuca
Morrison from Finley
Scarcella as my long shot, from Tonny
Team most likley to be premiers this year?
...rumba, Rumba, RUMBA!!! (or moama)

Anyone got any other's??

Gone a bit quiet on boys, so lets get some conversations going again......
Rumba starting to hit some form again. Next couple of weeks will be huge for us. Mul, Tonny, Cobram Moama Deni..... I'll be happy if we can win 3 out of 5. We got hit by a few tissue injuries on the weekend, playing the second half without a bench, and parts of the last quarter with 15 on the field. Still Numurkah should hold their heads high, they played mainly kids and to their credit they they never made excuses and put forward a good showing in the rooms afterwards.

Can someone give me an idea of how Muls shaping up?? i thought they'd be right up there again this year, but their results to date are quiet inconsistant. I know they beat Toc on the weekend, but so did Numurkah the week before, Is it injuries or something else?? How do people think they'll go this year in the finals series.

Moama on the other hand seem to be making there run for the finals in at the right time in my opinion, does anone else agree?? i think they're going to be cherrie ripe by the time finals get here.

Cobrams form doesn't surprise me at all. I wonder if Ozzy's done anything different to avoid going out in straight sets again?? From what i hear they've had a pretty good run with injuries, which is slightly different to last year?? maybe that'll make the difference in the end?

The Deni Rams and Birdies boys on the other hand i think will give a good showing of them selves from hear until the finals. From what i read it was a good game on the weekend, with Tonny just missing out on the points.
People's thoughts on these teams?

and here's a few additional questions to get people going, call it the half way quiz.

Team that's surprised you the most and why?
Probably Mulwala. I thought they'd improve off the back of missing out on the silverware last year

Top 3 Players to win the league B and F this year?
Beatie from Echuca
Morrison from Finley
Scarcella as my long shot, from Tonny
Team most likley to be premiers this year?
...rumba, Rumba, RUMBA!!! (or moama)

Anyone got any other's??

I will try and answer some of your questions goodgolly.... In regards to Mul, they have had Hargreaves and James out for quite some time so thats a reason why they havent been going as well as they want. Dont worry about them they will be top 3 by the end of the year...

Moama are a very classy side and are again i think the team to beat they have been playing well and getting better every week. Unlucky against Cobram last week but had a few players out. They will be in the top 3 at the end of the year.....

Cobram are going along ok, They havent had their strongest team in all year as they have had quite a few injuries, so i dont no who you been talking too. Dont no if they have changed anything but look to be a better unit than last year so see how they go.

Deni is the dark horse, Have recruited well and have only lost the 1 game so far. I pick them to be the team for this year. Going very un noticed at the moment and going along quite well.

The league is getting stronger and most teams are getting better each year so Good luck to all teams and may the best team win.......

I will try and answer some of your questions goodgolly.... In regards to Mul, they have had Hargreaves and James out for quite some time so thats a reason why they havent been going as well as they want. Dont worry about them they will be top 3 by the end of the year...

Moama are a very classy side and are again i think the team to beat they have been playing well and getting better every week. Unlucky against Cobram last week but had a few players out. They will be in the top 3 at the end of the year.....

Cobram are going along ok, They havent had their strongest team in all year as they have had quite a few injuries, so i dont no who you been talking too. Dont no if they have changed anything but look to be a better unit than last year so see how they go.

Deni is the dark horse, Have recruited well and have only lost the 1 game so far. I pick them to be the team for this year. Going very un noticed at the moment and going along quite well.

The league is getting stronger and most teams are getting better each year so Good luck to all teams and may the best team win.......

it seem's you might have been on the money there KD, it's surprised me that they beat Cobram in what i would read as a convincing win. Still, i think a loss will do Cobram just as much good as the win will do for Deni.

it seem's you might have been on the money there KD, it's surprised me that they beat Cobram in what i would read as a convincing win. Still, i think a loss will do Cobram just as much good as the win will do for Deni.
I hope so Goodgolly.......:confused: Our kicking was shocking........ Oz missed a couple of sitters so did Marksy...... very unusual for them. Little Willow (bit dissapointed with some of the names that come out for him) played WAY too far up the ground for him to be dangerous, All in all, I think we will learn from it for sure. If only we hadv'e kicked straight I think it may have been a lot different...........:(

I hope so Goodgolly.......:confused: Our kicking was shocking........ Oz missed a couple of sitters so did Marksy...... very unusual for them. Little Willow (bit dissapointed with some of the names that come out for him) played WAY too far up the ground for him to be dangerous, All in all, I think we will learn from it for sure. If only we hadv'e kicked straight I think it may have been a lot different...........:(

Good win for the Deni lads. Pressure was awesome all day, made them turn it over a fair bit, was a great game to watch. if you were i deni supporter :D, But from what i heard there was a little bit of racial abuse from the Cobram end on saturday. Not accepable, know the young lad it was said to and he was pretty upset after the game.

Good win for the Deni lads. Pressure was awesome all day, made them turn it over a fair bit, was a great game to watch. if you were i deni supporter :D, But from what i heard there was a little bit of racial abuse from the Cobram end on saturday. Not accepable, know the young lad it was said to and he was pretty upset after the game.
Very unfortunate and TOTALLY unacceptable I'd say, I really cant understand how some can be so immature.....:thumbsdown::mad:. Hope the young bloke in question don't let it get to him.There was none from the section where I was I can assure you of that.
I didn't like the guy in the blue Beenie telling my young bloke he was P#%sweak and a Midget, not his fault he is a fair bit undersize, still in the top ten goalkicking though, so he must be doin something right ??? :(
But as you say it was a good contest and cant wait for the rematch come finals..... Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echuca v Nathalia 20pts

Finley v Numrkah 51pts

Deni v Moama 16pts (match of the Round)

Congupna v Mulwala 32pts

Rumba v Tongala 87pts

Toc v Cobram 21 pts

Barooga bye

Hey guy's i kno it's early in the week to say this but...
This wknd Rumba Vs Cobram surerly game of the round!!!
and will see who is goin to be the favourite for the rest of the yr.
should be a cracker of a game.
And Finley up against Mul. looks like a great round of footy coming up:thumbsu::thumbsu:

And Finley up against Mul. looks like a great round of footy coming up:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Finley V Mulwala Huge game both teams have heaps to play for

Mulwala V Finley 20 points

Moama v Tocumwal 110 Points (Moama will finish top 3)

Nathalia v Barooga Draw

Cobram V Rumba 3 points

Numurkha V United 40 Points

Tongala v Congupna 30 Points (must win for tonny)

Moama v Tocumwal 80 Points

Nathalia v Barooga15pts

Cobram V Rumba13 points

Numurkah V United 25 Points

Tongala v Congupna 30 Points

Moama v Tocumwal 110 Points (Moama will finish top 3)

Nathalia v Barooga Draw

Cobram V Rumba 3 points

Numurkha V United 40 Points

Tongala v Congupna 30 Points (must win for tonny)

Bigkev - when is the reunion weekend on? I lost my letter and I don't want to miss the reunion of the greatest two's side to play Murray League capably led by the last coach to lead a reserves or seniors Finley side to a flag.

Wasn't able to make it to Cobram for the big game,by all accounts it was one of the best games seen for a long time. Great speed and skill from both camps.
Any thoughts Jimacka or Goodgolly:)

yeah it was, from a player perspective it felt like a final, every hit was hard and every turnover was costly, one of the best games i've played in, i can't wait to have another go at the tigers but now we have to move on and focus now on moama who have played some good footy themselves.

as i was playing i can't comment as a spectator but from all reports was a great game of tough & fast footy. :):thumbsu::thumbsu:

yeah it was, from a player perspective it felt like a final, every hit was hard and every turnover was costly, one of the best games i've played in, i can't wait to have another go at the tigers but now we have to move on and focus now on moama who have played some good footy themselves.

as i was playing i can't comment as a spectator but from all reports was a great game of tough & fast footy. :):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Spot on Jimacka.... From where I was sitting it was a Final tempo game. Both sides were very Classy and brought the best out in each other teams play. This was a great game to watch and even though the crowd wasnt enormous everyone sitting with me was over the moon in both sides attack. Credit to both Teams for a very disciplined game also. Looks like the Tigers have changed and are getting the rewards for doing so. Well done Boys.:thumbsu:

Looking forward to cob v fin this Sat , im tipping this one to be an absolute cracker. Best fullback in the league on osbourne one of the best forwards and two midfields that are playing great footy. On another topic bit dissapointef with the finals locations.

Looking forward to cob v fin this Sat , im tipping this one to be an absolute cracker. Best fullback in the league on osbourne one of the best forwards and two midfields that are playing great footy. On another topic bit dissapointef with the finals locations.
'DITTO' on that Big Kev........ should be a pearla...... whats the story on the finals????? where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back