Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 269 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its probably where they will still finish.

Who is Williams? Bailey Williams?

Take Smith and now Libba out of that and its very shallow. Especially with Macrae no where near his form of 2 or 3 years ago. He had a few very poor efforts highlighted late in that game.

Bontempelli's game was fantastic yesterday again. 26 and 2 goals. Most contested possessions, most score involvements. Took that huge mark and goal to turn the momentum but he cant do it alone. Im sure Sanders will come back in now.

Hence why their senior players are letting them down.
Macrae & English are not the same players this year. Treloar has been solid but yes, now without Libba, they have fallen back to the pack when it comes to midfield quality.
Also, there's no genuine explosive midfielder among that group. Every premiership contender has at least one midfielder who can give you run and carry from a stoppage. Daicos/de Goey, Dangerfield, Heeney, Callaghan, Petracca. Bontempelli is a lot closer to Tom Green as in more grunt opposed to acceleration.

Not pick the same guys and expect different results would be one?

Not leave your best player on the bench twidling his thumb for 2/3 of the last quarter in back to back games...if Bont needs a rest put him FWD...he'd kick it better than JUH anyway!

Then we have the structure...Carlton smalls are bad...well the Dogs ones are worse! The fact that Vandermeer is their small says it all
In fairness, Weightman when fit is better than any of Carlton's smalls.

Their small forward situation looks far more dire than it actually is with him out of the side.

In fairness, Weightman when fit is better than any of Carlton's smalls.

Their small forward situation looks far more dire than it actually is with him out of the side.

Not sure I’d classify Weightman as a true small anyway he’s a marking type. It does show just how dire the depth is there nowadays you cannot not have at least 2 and closer to 4 good small options up there

I've personally checked out. It sucked seeing Libba get hit in the head early, then get cut open. Bleeds for the club. To be honest, seeing that was way worse than seeing Hawks pants us for the 2nd year in a row.

Until the club starts giving a s**t about the supporters, they won't be getting a cent off me. I won't be attending any games. It's beyond a joke now. Waste of a season.
Didn’t renew my membership this season myself and got scoffed at by bullies on the western bulldogs bf section. Stop giving these guys money and they’ll start listening ffs

Not sure I’d classify Weightman as a true small anyway he’s a marking type. It does show just how dire the depth is there nowadays you cannot not have at least 2 and closer to 4 good small options up there
Weightman is a jet, he walks into any side as a small forward. Sure he can take speccy but his crumbing skills are elite.

Macrae & English are not the same players this year.
Macrae hasnt been the same for a few years. English is still playing good footy, he became the scapegoat for the loss against Essendon for whatever reason.

He has never been a great tap ruckman, he is playing the same brand of football he did last year and regularly hits the scoreboard.

Macrae hasnt been the same for a few years. English is still playing good footy, he became the scapegoat for the loss against Essendon for whatever reason.

He has never been a great tap ruckman, he is playing the same brand of football he did last year and regularly hits the scoreboard.

Macrae was still averaging 25 disposals & 4 clearances last season. He's well down in those categories. It's not like we are talking about a player 32 years of age. He's 29 and completely fallen off the cliff.

English has been beaten on a few occasions already. Rarely lowers his colors to opposing rucks. I thought he was poor on the weekend despite racking up 19 disposals and 2 goals. Was well beaten by Meek who asserted his influence on the inside of the contest.
English looks like a player in the motions. Checking out as he looks to head back home to WA.

Far too many spuds on the dogs list, all the talk about them having a Premiership list is bizarre. Certain players get rated too highly as well, Liam Jones, Macrae, JJ etc.

Here is a list I have compiled that is very generous to some players, I would say you could rate a lot of them worse.
  1. Tim English - A grade
  2. Adam Treloar - B grade
  3. Bailey Dale - A grade
  4. M. Bontempelli - A+ grade
  5. James Harmes - C Grade
  6. Bailey Williams - C Grade
  7. Jason Johannisen - C Grade
  8. Ed Richards - B Grade
  9. Jack Macrae - B Grade
  10. Aaron Naughton - B Grade
  11. Tom Liberatore - A Grade
  12. Liam Jones - B Grade
  13. Lachlan Bramble - D Grade
  14. Sam Darcy - C Grade
  15. Riley Garcia - D Grade
  16. Buku Khamis - C Grade
  17. L. Vandermeer* - D Grade
  18. Harvey Gallagher - D Grade
  19. Taylor Duryea - D Grade
  20. Oskar Baker - D Grade
  21. J. Ugle-Hagan - B Grade
  22. Charlie Clarke - D Grade
  23. James O'Donnell - D Grade

Far too many spuds on the dogs list, all the talk about them having a Premiership list is bizarre. Certain players get rated too highly as well, Liam Jones, Macrae, JJ etc.

Here is a list I have compiled that is very generous to some players, I would say you could rate a lot of them worse.
  1. Tim English - A grade
  2. Adam Treloar - B grade
  3. Bailey Dale - A grade
  4. M. Bontempelli - A+ grade
  5. James Harmes - C Grade
  6. Bailey Williams - C Grade
  7. Jason Johannisen - C Grade
  8. Ed Richards - B Grade
  9. Jack Macrae - B Grade
  10. Aaron Naughton - B Grade
  11. Tom Liberatore - A Grade
  12. Liam Jones - B Grade
  13. Lachlan Bramble - D Grade
  14. Sam Darcy - C Grade
  15. Riley Garcia - D Grade
  16. Buku Khamis - C Grade
  17. L. Vandermeer* - D Grade
  18. Harvey Gallagher - D Grade
  19. Taylor Duryea - D Grade
  20. Oskar Baker - D Grade
  21. J. Ugle-Hagan - B Grade
  22. Charlie Clarke - D Grade
  23. James O'Donnell - D Grade

That is an awful set of talls - I don't care which ones you put forward or back you are going to struggle to win games with that. It explains some of the strange selection and match day decisions by Bevo as he tries to devise a strategy to win a game of football with what he's got.

Macrae was still averaging 25 disposals & 4 clearances last season. He's well down in those categories. It's not like we are talking about a player 32 years of age. He's 29 and completely fallen off the cliff.

English has been beaten on a few occasions already. Rarely lowers his colors to opposing rucks. I thought he was poor on the weekend despite racking up 19 disposals and 2 goals. Was well beaten by Meek who asserted his influence on the inside of the contest.
English looks like a player in the motions. Checking out as he looks to head back home to WA.

Macrae has been jerked around by Bevo for a while now. He's an AA midfielder. Play him in the midfield, or trade him.

If he was playing full-time midfield, he'd be fine. I reckon a few clubs should be asking the question of his management.

Why would the coach be giving that directive?
You think he's sitting there watching slow mo replays of every collision?

Our medical team should have serious questions asked, but that's irrelevant to the coach
I hear that bridge next to your training ground isstill for sale.

He was clearly dazed, he should have been off immediately, blindfreddie could see that!

Let’s not forget it’s not the first time

Back