Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 269 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 52 16.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's purely your assumption. He missed the next game regardless so not sure what benefit your conspiracy theory would have had.
Regardless?
He missed for a reason

Bevo said "he's fine. He lost his footing."

That's a lie. No conspiracy. He wasn't "fine" and had a history of concussion (two last season alone).

Worrying that people haven't learnt anything from Liam Pickens litigation.

Regardless?
He missed for a reason

Bevo said "he's fine. He lost his footing."

That's a lie. No conspiracy. He wasn't fine.
He missed out of an "abundance of caution" given it was a weird situation. Bevo shouldn't have downplayed it in his press conference post match but you're talking as fact that he was concussed in that game which was never proven to be the case.

He missed out of an "abundance of caution" given it was a weird situation. Bevo shouldn't have downplayed it in his press conference post match but you're talking as fact that he was concussed in that game which was never proven to be the case.
He wasn't "fine". It looked very concerning.

Anyway . libba will be another payout from the concussion insurance scheme in a few years.

Their list is in bad shape.
They could really hit rock bottom like Richmond have if they were to lose Smith and English next year.

They are nowhere near that. They still have a great list of younger players coming through. Richmond have literally nothing.

I think they are better than Hawthorn but Hawthorn had also been pathetic this year, they actually played with intensity and effort last night. It was clearly their best performance of the year.

Backline - Horrible
Mids - Top tier great but no depth anymore which used to be their strength
Forwards - Young and full of potential. Weightman was a huge loss last night when combined with West also.
Balance - Bad in age, height and speed.

I saw Kane Cornes say they have more weapons than any other team in the league. I'm not sure what he classes as a weapon but this list has less weapons than GWS, Brisbane, Melbourne, Carlton, Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood.

Bont, Libba and Anti-Vaccination are unreal, the draft freebies in Jamarra and Darcy will be fantastic.
Rest are flakey or s**t.
Even Jones isn't elite. Hes not Steven May, Jacob Weitering, Sam Taylor, Harris Andrews, Tom Stewart, Darcy Moore etc

If Naughton goes back the forward line is abysmal.

It's too tall. One of Darcy/Naughton has to go back take your pick. Bring in another crumber or small. The lack of defensive pressure from all 3 of those is a HUGE issue. They don't even have a small forward down there, Weightman isn't really a true small he's a marking small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've personally checked out. It sucked seeing Libba get hit in the head early, then get cut open. Bleeds for the club. To be honest, seeing that was way worse than seeing Hawks pants us for the 2nd year in a row.

Until the club starts giving a shit about the supporters, they won't be getting a cent off me. I won't be attending any games. It's beyond a joke now. Waste of a season.

Have the dogs fans checked out?
Yes, lowest crowd vs Hawks in over a decade. I didn’t go but mainly cause I was under the weather but there definitely were a lot of no shows because of the timing and performance.

Few weeks ago we just hosted the biggest crowd at Marvel since 2013, now everyone’s realised that we are repeating last year and had enough.

Got a smaller crowd than north did 2 weeks earlier (same time slot)
Have the dogs fans checked out?

Edit and the north game was not hawks replacement while dogs was
Was an ordinary crowd, need to consider a section of Hawthorn fans would've been in higher attendance vs North as they likely felt they were going to see a win, as opposed to what was likely expected vs us.

Getting the free bits
It isn't the coaches decision about concussion. Clutching at straws here.
Coach/Dr relationship in the AFL has been well documented to be problematic which is why many sports have an independent Dr making the decision on concussion.

Ill guarantee this change happens in the AFL in the future. The AFL is lagging on this.

Bevo was clearly lying saying Libba was "fine". He wasnt "fine".

Lets see him independently assessed. AFL might step in if Dogs cant be trusted and Bevo has lost the plot.

Was an ordinary crowd, need to consider a section of Hawthorn fans would've been in higher attendance vs North as they likely felt they were going to see a win, as opposed to what was likely expected vs us.
True though there were also those going to see Dear debut

Done for I reckon.
Needs some time and distance from the club so that his achievements there can regain the respect they deserve.
At his best he’s been massive for the Doggies, but he’s clearly stuck around too long.
Not sure if he’ll be a head coach again - but reckon after a bit of a sabbatical he’d be well suited to a director of footy role.

Back