Kyabram DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

They would fit the mould if they are still capable I last remember Callinan locking in for a Season about 5 years ago now at the Swans Ganino longer ago. I know they had a few casual runs at Dookie. It's nice that you have a spare 8 or 9 points to try and help these kids realise their talent. PS- I hope your culture Grand Final day isn't what your referring to.
Got any positives to add?
It’s not always about realising talent but also trying to help build good people and character.
Our club in no way ever condoned what happened after the grand final and believe it does not define our culture. We are a leading club in regards to junior participation and creating junior pathways in the KD in a hope to sustain our comp. We had our under 13’s there ready to present medals on the day if we were lucky enough to win. More then half our players had their kids ready to run in the field to console them. The scenes that unfolded will never be explained thoroughly enough on a forum like this, but we don’t condone them. We were robbed of the right of our senior captain and coach getting up to congratulate Lancaster. Our president and a few club people went to lancy change rooms once it was safe to shake Tom davies hand etc
For you to insinuate that all of what happened was solely on murch and it’s culture is just antagonising and unfair.
So I’m sure you’re having fun with your pot shots on our recruits and our clubs culture, but your opinion only reflects more about you then it does us.

Got any positives to add?
It’s not always about realising talent but also trying to help build good people and character.
Our club in no way ever condoned what happened after the grand final and believe it does not define our culture. We are a leading club in regards to junior participation and creating junior pathways in the KD in a hope to sustain our comp. We had our under 13’s there ready to present medals on the day if we were lucky enough to win. More then half our players had their kids ready to run in the field to console them. The scenes that unfolded will never be explained thoroughly enough on a forum like this, but we don’t condone them. We were robbed of the right of our senior captain and coach getting up to congratulate Lancaster. Our president and a few club people went to lancy change rooms once it was safe to shake Tom davies hand etc
For you to insinuate that all of what happened was solely on murch and it’s culture is just antagonising and unfair.
So I’m sure you’re having fun with your pot shots on our recruits and our clubs culture, but your opinion only reflects more about you then it does us.
I'm purely here to have a chat about Footy not hunt Murchison but that's where the topic lead to at this time. In regards to your recruits I could see why you would recruit them based on some talent but IMO putting cash and high points towards them appears high risk but I've got nothing more to add. I think in regards to the riot Grand Final day I think if you were serious about not condoning what happened and given that you guys would have had alot better knowledge of who was who than those trying to investigate that you would have handed out some suspensions internally as well. But again that's just IMO which we're allowed to have on here.

Murchison continue to build their list adding David Smith from Rumbalara Definitely will be one of the Main challengers Again next season

Space cadet, played 2020 at tally, till got reported then lost it no one backed him up (punched someone in the back of the head)

Hope his grown up abit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, bloke is keen to coach just gotta get the meet up apparently. I see they are trying to rebuild a 18s team as well which is good signs if they can get the numbers
Mate, IMO if the club had've been pro-active & driven over to shepp they would've had a coach by now! But the process has now been prolonged!

& Swoop I don't reckon a deciosn will be made until after Wednesday..... 😉👍🏾

Mate, IMO if the club had've been pro-active & driven over to shepp they would've had a coach by now! But the process has now been prolonged!

& Swoop I don't reckon a deciosn will be made until after Wednesday..... 😉👍🏾
Am I reading between the lines, that this certain person u are trying to get to run your bench Smooth 🤔

Am I reading between the lines, that this certain person u are trying to get to run your bench Smooth 🤔
Not at all Normo, my coaching group is sorted! I definitely did speak to him weeks ago & would've had him on my bench if he was interested but he still has senior coaching intentions on his mind so was more then happy for him to apply & personally I think he'll be great for the club as he'll steady the ship & bring some structure more importantly stability across the board but the club needs to be pro-active in their attempts..... They can't afford to sit around waiting was more my point. An extra 5 days is like a month in the coaching world..... 👍🏾

Last edited:
Not at all Normo, my coaching group is sorted! I definitely did speak to him weeks ago & would've had him on my bench if he was interested but he still has senior coaching intentions on his mind so was more then happy for him to apply & personally I think he'll be great for the club as he'll steady the ship & bring some structure more importantly stability across the board but the club needs to be pro-active in their attempts..... They can't afford to sit around waiting was more my point. An extra 5 days is like a month in the coaching world..... 👍🏾
Is it Browny ?

He has mentioned that its too late to be able to recruit for next season as blokes are already signing with clubs, but sounds like he's got a plan for the next 2 ish years. He was offered a few assistance roles and reserves but wanted to take on a seniors coaching role and put in for a few I guess. But I'm just overhearing talks

I've been a bit surprised at their recruiting so far to be honest they only need to top up a little and we're in a position to be fussy with what they brought it. Fletcher Paul was playing Seniors at Euroa early-Mid Season and then spat the dummy when he got put back to the Under 18's and went to Violet Town where he did nothing ( He had previously self exited the Bushies system) and how he is on his 2nd KD Club in a matter of months. Smith is a Yo Yo he has just signed at his 4th KD Club and has played 2 games in Total at those Clubs. Played 2 games at Rumba this year then I'm not sure where he was. High points and Highly unreliable. Be interesting to see how they go.

Interesting perspective on these two young men that have been recruited. Obviously we see value in them and what they can do in 2023 and beyond.

The 2022 group have agreed to continue their development with us and Paul and Smith have a great chance to show some consistency by joining this squad.

As for the repercussions after the Grand Final, we’ve recently had an investigation and subsequent tribunal process. There is also a police investigation into the field invasion by the crowd. Once these processes are complete we may then be provided access to the vision and implement internal processes around what occurred.

The 2022 group have agreed to continue their development with us and Paul and Smith have a great chance to show some consistency by joining this squad.

As for the repercussions after the Grand Final, we’ve recently had an investigation and subsequent tribunal process. There is also a police investigation into the field invasion by the crowd. Once these processes are complete we may then be provided access to the vision and implement internal processes around what occurred.
Nice in theory I guess. Plenty of vision been getting around for months to be able to make some calls on the brawl I would of thought.

Interesting perspective on these two young men that have been recruited. Obviously we see value in them and what they can do in 2023 and beyond.

Not saying I agree with it , but how does a person not competing/ involved in the match get suspended ? Particularly after the match has been deemed completed .
Does it mean that if a altercation occurred in the social rooms that it could be investigated under AFL or leagues rules ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has mentioned that it’s too late to be able to recruit for next season as blokes are already signing with clubs, but sounds like he's got a plan for the next 2 ish years. He was offered a few assistance roles and reserves but wanted to take on a seniors coaching role and put in for a few I guess. But I'm just overhearing talks
Question if you sign with a club before clearances/registrations open up for the upcoming season are you still under contract or can you chop and change up until that date?

Question if you sign with a club before clearances/registrations open up for the upcoming season are you still under contract or can you chop and change up until that date?
It opens the door for guys to jump. A Club can't hold a player to a contract until he is cleared to them. That's why the early clearance window that was in place pre Xmas made sense.

I've been a bit surprised at their recruiting so far to be honest they only need to top up a little and we're in a position to be fussy with what they brought it. Fletcher Paul was playing Seniors at Euroa early-Mid Season and then spat the dummy when he got put back to the Under 18's and went to Violet Town where he did nothing ( He had previously self exited the Bushies system) and how he is on his 2nd KD Club in a matter of months. Smith is a Yo Yo he has just signed at his 4th KD Club and has played 2 games in Total at those Clubs. Played 2 games at Rumba this year then I'm not sure where he was. High points and Highly unreliable. Be interesting to see how they go.
Fletcher will be 6 pointer played at VT at 4 last season and add one for moving in same league and 3 clubs in short space, Will likely not be happy and leave if forced to play reserves due to no points space

Fletcher will be 6 pointer played at VT at 4 last season and add one for moving in same league and 3 clubs in short space, Will likely not be happy and leave if forced to play reserves due to no points space
I thought if they’re a transferred junior (eg u18 age) then they’re just a straight 3 points regardless.

But given he didn’t play thirds at VT then I could be wrong.

I am sure Murch will be all over it, they apparently handled the points very well last season after there were many issues raised and they obviously handled it well as no infringements handed out.
so should not be an issue

I’m picking up what your putting down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the person you are thinking about previously coached reserves in KD & GV?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back