Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

B4 I do my predictions I would like to shoutout to the Rushworth Football Club for extending their offering for my son to play at their club. I am sorry I did not get back to you guys as I am very inactive on here! Sadly he did his meniscus on the weekend doing triple jump @ athletics and he will be sidelined (not best)

Round 1 predictions from Sauna Best:
Avenel def. VT by 40
Undera & Dookie DRAW
Tally def. Gig by 5 points (superstar coach Daniel Clarke kicks goal after siren!!!)
Lancaster def. Stanhope by 55
Shepp East def. Longwood by 94
Merrigum def. Rushworth by 67
Murchison def. Nagambie by 86 (not the strongest Lakers side I’ve seen)

Wish every team the best! 👍🏻💪🏻👌🏻
Absolutely ripper effort for Rushy to get back into football and have two open age football sides running around too. Plus junior football!

Also great to see thirds teams back at Shepp East and Tallygaroopna.
Yes… 10 or so teams in U18 I believe. Better going than last year. U15 not as strong but at least 18s have improved.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul amongst competitions and clubs with little direction from above to help out the district leagues in particular… but that’s a conversation for another day! Not the eve of Round 1. Well done to all who have fielded sides, particularly the reserves and juniors - that’s a win in itself these days

Yes… 10 or so teams in U18 I believe. Better going than last year. U15 not as strong but at least 18s have improved.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul amongst competitions and clubs with little direction from above to help out the district leagues in particular… but that’s a conversation for another day! Not the eve of Round 1. Well done to all who have fielded sides, particularly the reserves and juniors - that’s a win in itself these days
Tips
Avenel 118
Dookie 22
Merrigum 34
Lancaster 38
Tally 45
Shepp east 52
Murch 79

Only 9 in the end with Both Rushy and Gig not quite getting up, both were pushing for a side and also had a meeting to see if there was any way possible to merge their 18s for the season, but not too be. The 18's shapes to be an interesting season with Last years Premiers retaining a core group of the premiership side and Runners Up Nagambie seemingly strong again and Lancaster always there abouts, Hopefully newcomers Tally and Shepp East can shape up as competition for these sides to create a strong top end of the 18s

Happy to be corrected but I believe P.Milne was the 1st player to kick 100 snags in a season KDL U/18
Yes he was, but went on to play mainly twos footy not much seniors,James has played GVL seniors for 2 clubs don't think he has played a 2s game in KDL

Yes he was, but went on to play mainly twos footy not much seniors,James has played GVL seniors for 2 clubs don't think he has played a 2s game in KDL
Yeh that's my recollection too , cheers. James appears a really good talent, I know SJ Daniels was high in praise for him at the bulldogs .

Interesting results from weekend.

Longwood bottom feeders again?
Rushy must be ok!
Big bag from Arho gets Tally across the line, improved Girgarre.
Nagambie cooked? Or Murch unbelievable?
Hard to get a read on Undera/Dookie
Violet Town not far off avenel till last Qtr.

Another big round coming up.

Footy is back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rushy must be ok!

Footy is back!
Violet Town not having a practice match to Avenel having 3 probably showed out in the end we actually hit the front in the 3rd before Myers kicked a couple really quick to shift the momentum back in their favour.

Rushy must be ok!

Footy is back!
Would give longwood 3-4 weeks before getting a read on them SE a class outfit.
Think it says more about Merrigum's quality or lack of.
Interesting to get smooths opinion from tally game.
Nagambie 7-8 starters out but murch a top 3 again.
Anyone get to undera dookie game?
Shut Webster down is the key in stopping VT?

This weeks tips
Avenel over undrea by 70 points
Tally over dookie by 60’points (arho to kick 90% of tally’s goals)
Shepp east over lanky by 12 points
Longwood over rushy by 36 points
Nagambie over Merrigum by 60 points
Murch tool over VT 150 points
Stanhope over gig by 60 points.

Few interesting games this week, few teams can make statements, Shepp east and lanky one to watch both teams will probably in the top 3 sides so the will be itching to play each other.

Chance for Longwood to get in the winners column, nagambie chance to bounce back.

Can dookie stop the arho factor? If they can or stop the supply they might be in with a show.

Other than that might be a long day for a few other sides

This weeks tips
Avenel over undrea by 70 points
Tally over dookie by 60’points (arho to kick 90% of tally’s goals)
Shepp east over lanky by 12 points
Longwood over rushy by 36 points
Nagambie over Merrigum by 60 points
Murch tool over VT 150 points
Stanhope over gig by 60 points.

Few interesting games this week, few teams can make statements, Shepp east and lanky one to watch both teams will probably in the top 3 sides so the will be itching to play each other.

Chance for Longwood to get in the winners column, nagambie chance to bounce back.

Can dookie stop the arho factor? If they can or stop the supply they might be in with a show.

Other than that might be a long day for a few other sides
Agree with Avenel, Murch & Tally.

I’m tipping Rushy to beat Longwood by 2 goals, and Merrigum to knock off Nagambie by 5-6 goals.

Agree East will knock off Lancy.

I think Stanhope Gig might be abit closer. Stanhope by 10 points

TIGERS FOR THE WIN!!!
Happy Lets Go GIF by NHL

What kind of hope has this league got with some of these results ? Honestly more clubs need to go or fold the drop off from the best top 3 sides to even 4th is pitiful. Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back