Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the tat game, Milne played very good on a Forward pocket too Bench rotation, 11 Score involvements, had a couple cans after the game and apparently might be staying at Tatura for the first half of the season
Finally someone playing him where he belongs, was a great forward in his day! 👴🏻

Finally someone playing him where he belongs, was a great forward in his day! 👴🏻
He still could be a great forward especially coming into his older age, we pitched it too him in the offseason over his couple of meetings here at ironbark back in December too prolong his playing career, reckons he still has something to prove in the midfield

He still could be a great forward especially coming into his older age, we pitched it too him in the offseason over his couple of meetings here at ironbark back in December too prolong his playing career, reckons he still has something to prove in the midfield
Must have been just you and Milney at these meetings 🤣🤣🤣

All jokes aside jayc I’ve watched quite a bit of Kdl footy over the years and Milney IMO would be one of the best if not the best kick whilst running full speed I have seen at Kdl level or GV
Agreed, top 2 best field kicks in the KD would be Milney & Leigh Wellington the city boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for Saturday
Avenel over VT by 24 points
Dookie over undera by 7 points
Tally over gig by 60 pints
Lanky over Stanhope by 36 points
Shep east over Longwood by 50 points
Merrigum over rushy by 10 points
Nagambie over Murch by 12 points

Love to see everyone’s tips few hard one to pick this week!

Tips for Saturday

Pretty good mate the only one I differ is the murch vs Nagambie clash for me Murch will be too strong for Nagambie
Murch by 7 plus goals
I think Avenal will be a finals chance and will beat vt 40 points
Dookie big sliders for me but will just get home against Undera by 4 points
Tally will be big improvers with a couple big inclusions they will knock GIG over 30 plus points
Lancy will need to have these Melbourne boys traveling up again if they are a chance for the treble have lost a couple and have players still suspended Lancy 2 goals
SE will strong once again and will beat longwood easily by 42 points
Rushy I hope will be competitive against sides like Merrigum and I give them a real chance but the gum for me in I hope a close game

Tips for Saturday

my tips
avenal by 35
dookie by 19
tally by 45
lanky by 20
shepp east by 40
merrigum by 6
murch by 15

keen for the season

round 1 tips :

Avenel will take care of Violet town quite easily, Swans have recruited some nice players and VT look to be in the same old rutt. Couple nice gets from Benalla but their entire Melbourne crop of 2023 has left. Avenel by 10 goals

Dookie v Undera would be perfect for the 4:40pm slot on a Sunday
Dookie by 1 point . Lost half their team.
Heard nothing out of Undera but that’s probably because there’s no phone service out there

Girgarre recruited a few good Lancy reserves players and a couple other kids from the area . Will be too quick for the old boys at Tally. Gig by 3-4 goals

Lancaster v Stanhope will be interesting game, No Jake mills in 2024, significant loss. Stanhope would be as happy as a pig in s**t with that news.
Lancaster obviously the class side in this encounter and should win by 6-8 goals.

Shepp East should take care of longwood, Longwood have lost a few regular senior players to Kilmore and have recruited a few reserves players from Heathcote . Expect them to drop off Again
Shepp east genuine flag contender again and will remind everyone of that

Merrigum by 200 points over Rushy. Good on Rushy for getting back up but an improved Merrigum (who I think will play finals) will take care of this one

The sponsorship renewal with the local Saudi prince will see Murchison the team to beat in 2024, that money tree at the trailer park enjoyed spring and is blossoming . Few gun recruits, not 1 player has left so that’s great for them

Nagambie big sliders, coaching appointment probably not ideal. seymour recruits returned back to Seymour before Xmas
No Barnes, no Dalton and jarrod Tremellen back to Euroa
Murch by 10 goals and make a statement here

Enjoy the in depth analysis, I’m now going fishing and shooting up the Murray and won’t have phone service so I’ll chat to you all on Monday next week. Bye for now but not forever

round 1 tips :

Avenel will take care of Violet town quite easily, Swans have recruited some nice players and VT look to be in the same old rutt. Couple nice gets from Benalla but their entire Melbourne crop of 2023 has left. Avenel by 10 goals

Heard nothing out of Undera but that’s probably because there’s no phone service out there

Girgarre recruited a few good Lancy reserves players and a couple other kids from the area . Will be too quick for the old boys at Tally. Gig by 3-4 goals

Lancaster v Stanhope will be interesting game, No Jake mills in 2024, significant loss. Stanhope would be as happy as a pig in s**t with that news.
Lancaster obviously the class side in this encounter and should win by 6-8 goals.

Shepp East should take care of longwood, Longwood have lost a few regular senior players to Kilmore and have recruited a few reserves players from Heathcote . Expect them to drop off Again

Merrigum by 200 points over Rushy. Good on Rushy for getting back up but an improved Merrigum (who I think will play finals) will take care of this one

The sponsorship renewal with the local Saudi prince will see Murchison the team to beat in 2024, that money tree at the trailer park enjoyed spring and is blossoming . Few gun recruits, not 1 player has left so that’s great for them

Nagambie big sliders, coaching appointment probably not ideal. seymour recruits returned back to Seymour before Xmas

Enjoy the in depth analysis, I’m now going fishing and shooting up the Murray and won’t have phone service so I’ll chat to you all on Monday next week. Bye for now but not forever
Not bad Cheezey, I'll give that a 7.5 out of 10! You lost points cause you tipped against us & didn't mention what the froff of choice was that will be on show up the Murray? 🍻🤣

Enjoy the week mate, see you on the other side..... 👍🏾

round 1 tips :

*Emirati Sheikh 🇦🇪

Love this analysis Cheezey

round 1 tips :

Merrigum finals
Mmmm
Who have they recruited

6th I reckon
Couple ok ones out of Echuca United and few from Tat u18s who are up to the standard from reports
Cheezey’s write up was good fun to read but I’m sure lots of it much tongue in cheek.

Not sure about any finals talk, as footy manager I’m just happy to see plenty of players registered and training. Lots of people upstairs for jumper/dress pres. tonight and a good vibe about - wins aren’t necessarily the goal where we are coming from, but it would be nice if we chalked up enough to be close to finals talk! That’s a long way away though. One game at a time. We are basically where were 12 months ago, new coach, many new players and close to max points ready to spend the year or two bringing points down to bring more in.

I think the new players in question are Echuca boys with a bit of senior experience; Jacob Russell, Mason Coote and Josh Beveridge.

Jake Gascoyne across from Ky to have a crack at Seniors… there was always talk of recruiting a Jake from Ky 😂 although that might have been his brother-in-law Jake Parkinson.

The young Tat boys are both just out of Under 18s and played some GV Seniors, Riley Locke & Brayden Hall.

Shelby Lambrick who’s played a bit around Tonny and Bendigo way and Joel Mccarten have another crack at Seniors after filling in for the twos a couple of times in 2023.

Plus a couple of others who haven’t played for a few years and are getting back into it.

Kept Jordan Hutton, Hayden Tyler and some other fringe players who came with the last coach. They stayed as they loved the club. Jacob Russell is partners with our A Grade Coach, Shelby brought his partner along who is a netballer, as well as some of the twos/fringe players having partner connections. So lots in for the good of the club and the right reasons of things like family, enjoyment etc.

B4 I do my predictions I would like to shoutout to the Rushworth Football Club for extending their offering for my son to play at their club. I am sorry I did not get back to you guys as I am very inactive on here! Sadly he did his meniscus on the weekend doing triple jump @ athletics and he will be sidelined (not best)

Round 1 predictions from Sauna Best:
Avenel def. VT by 40
Undera & Dookie DRAW
Tally def. Gig by 5 points (superstar coach Daniel Clarke kicks goal after siren!!!)
Lancaster def. Stanhope by 55
Shepp East def. Longwood by 94
Merrigum def. Rushworth by 67
Murchison def. Nagambie by 86 (not the strongest Lakers side I’ve seen)

Wish every team the best! 👍🏻💪🏻👌🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back