Roast Josh Mahoney needs to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeze calm down, we were singing his praises for the last few years. He has the runs on the board, i'm sure the he's just doing as the club instructed. Get Lever no matter what and find Watts a new home. Done and Done

Silliest thing thing I've read today.

Even if you think Watts is bad for the club, it's still in the club's best interest to get the best possible trade deal. All we've done is talk down his worth and get a worse deal because of it.
Oh, I don’t know about that. Sometimes getting less is more; and since getting more is always better, sometimes getting less is better. It’s logic

Lmao. Forget about trading up to get Oliver when we had no right. Or getting weid in the same draft and to be already 2 years developed when the list starts peaking
Or getting Frost ANB and Omac in one trade and only losing 23?
Or getting Tyson Salem and Hunt with one pick essentially.
Or getting Garlett for free basically.
Get a ******* grip. So we over paid a little in this trade period. If you see a car that you really want and have wanted for years is for sale and you have the money to pay for it do you walk away from the deal for the fact it's 500 bucks more than it should be? Just so you can sit down with your mates and talk about how no one ever gets ya? Who gives a heck, in the mean time sell the car you've had in your garage for 9 years that looks beautiful on the outside and runs beautifully out of a standing start, but secretly has a 2 stroke engine that splutters while idling in traffic and you only use when the roads open.

Massive overeaction! Needed Watts to go, if a deal could not be stuck then there would have been massive repercussions. Lever was a must have get IMHO and the club thought as much, had we sat around swinging our dicks then other clubs would have swooped.

Geelong were not interested in Watts and Port were for the right price, they had our balls and we caved. I think the past few years we've made some unbelievable good deals (e.g Hibberd) and although we've been fantastic at this point of the season in recent times, i'd prefer we get the players we want and focus on playing good football.

Why are people so shocked we are paying his salary? We are trading out a contracted player

Doggies will be paying stringers salary to

Hibberd wasn't a good trade, it was the right trade given the circumstances. The bombers were on their knees, pig wanted out and had nominated us. The pressure from the playing group on the club to look after players that want to leave needed to be managed and so we did what needed to be done. No body predicted he would be AA first year back from a 12 month drugs ban.

Paying the same price for Melkshske is what makes this guy a joker.

Hibberd wasn't a good trade, it was the right trade given the circumstances. The bombers were on their knees, pig wanted out and had nominated us. The pressure from the playing group on the club to look after players that want to leave needed to be managed and so we did what needed to be done. No body predicted he would be AA first year back from a 12 month drugs ban.

We dont have a lot of work to judge Melksham on; but on what I’ve seen, besides an horrendous first month, the trade looks a good value move to me.

Are you going for biggest overreactions in this thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't a good trade it was a great trade.

Did you stop watching us after round 8 or something? Melksham right now is a win/win deal.

Same bloke was in charge when we took Oliver ahead of Parish.
Watts was worth more but I like that we're prepared to make the tough calls and not just keep players on the list because they are good blokes.
Watts had more than his share of chances and has obviously buggered it up more than a few times.
How long do you let that go on for?

Edit - not sure when he assumed his current position though.
Looks like he joined us in '08 as fwd line coach, then became footy manager in 2011 when Neeld (shudder) came along. Then manager of footy ops in '13 after that restructure.

I'm not exactly in the 'needs to go' camp...

but how funny was JM yesterday spinning some idiocy about our picks in the second round with the 'we haven't had any picks in the second round for a few years now' as some kind of yipppeeeeee - type win.

Well, wacko Josh...

Getting Hibbo for the second rounder probably evens out Watts for 31.

But I'm pretty confident Watts will play well at Port. He's the perfect link up player for Rockliff and Dixon(and Marshall potentially) up forward which is what they wanted for a while. Gives them some real height around the ground as well.

Seeing as I've backed Goody on everything he's done so far, I should be backing him and Mahoney again this time. But they have to be pretty confident that they made the right decision. No finals next year and everyone(rightfully so) will be calling for their heads especially if Watts helps Port Adelaide to a top 2 finish(highly feasible IMO)

Lmao. Forget about trading up to get Oliver when we had no right. Or getting weid in the same draft and to be already 2 years developed when the list starts peaking
Or getting Frost ANB and Omac in one trade and only losing 23?
Or getting Tyson Salem and Hunt with one pick essentially.
Or getting Garlett for free basically.
Get a ******* grip. So we over paid a little in this trade period. If you see a car that you really want and have wanted for years is for sale and you have the money to pay for it do you walk away from the deal for the fact it's 500 bucks more than it should be? Just so you can sit down with your mates and talk about how no one ever gets ya? Who gives a ****, in the mean time sell the car you've had in your garage for 9 years that looks beautiful on the outside and runs beautifully out of a standing start, but secretly has a 2 stroke engine that splutters while idling in traffic and you only use when the roads open.
Well said, again. Our drafting and trading over the last few years has been the best in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back