Roast Josh Mahoney needs to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely rebuilt the list with Roos from 2013 onwards. One player going out the door does not throw out all the good work he's done.

What if Watts is the next Sylvia?

What is the tirade about? Stop sooking. First time the MFC has had the balls to make change in over a decade. What do you want? To keep playing the inconsistent Watts whilst we watch more precious time go down the drain?

We've finally got a list that can challenge for finals and beyond and I am telling you, Watts was never going to be part of it.

Get real.

What is the tirade about? Stop sooking. First time the MFC has had the balls to make change in over a decade. What do you want? To keep playing the inconsistent Watts whilst we watch more precious time go down the drain?

We've finally got a list that can challenge for finals and beyond and I am telling you, Watts was never going to be part of it.

Get real.

Oh come on, most of us were alright with Watts being traded but for pick 31 is just bad

*that being said, ridiculous thread and overreaction

Oh come on, most of us were alright with Watts being traded but for pick 31 is just bad

*that being said, ridiculous thread and overreaction
It doesn't matter what pick we got, Goodwin and Mahoney didn't care, hence telling him to go whilst under contract. We wanted him out. End of story.

He was quite pathetic on SEN a few minutes ago. Very vague and weak in justification for Watts trade. Also suggested we'll be paying part of Watts' salary while he's at port.

Try my best to stay positive about the club but this is pretty poor...
It became clearer and clearer over the last two weeks that the club was very strong in wanting jack to move on. Suggestions we’re paying part of his salary here really reinforce that. I suspect this is either the end of a long running internal thing with watts that we’ve only seen/heard bits and pieces about; or that perhaps there was a specific incident (less likely) that they’ve kept very quiet.

I’m pretty comfortable given how we’ve gone about letting him go that it was warranted, we just haven’t heard the whole story. Trust the club I suppose. Hard to do, I know.

It doesn't matter what pick we got, Goodwin and Mahoney didn't care, hence telling him to go whilst under contract. We wanted him out. End of story.
Even if you accept that you've received an ordinary deal for Watts what Goodwin does now have is a benchmark for how he will deal with under-performing players. Make an example of one and (he'll be hoping that) the rest fall into line.

It became clearer and clearer over the last two weeks that the club was very strong in wanting jack to move on. Suggestions we’re paying part of his salary here really reinforce that. I suspect this is either the end of a long running internal thing with watts that we’ve only seen/heard bits and pieces about; or that perhaps there was a specific incident (less likely) that they’ve kept very quiet.

I’m pretty comfortable given how we’ve gone about letting him go that it was warranted, we just haven’t heard the whole story. Trust the club I suppose. Hard to do, I know.
Mahoney was asked specifically if there was an internal issue with Watts that lead to the move. He said there wasn't and that the decision was based on his performance alone.

The club has driven down his value by publicly criticising him, then traded him for a nothing pick, and will be paying part of his salary. I see Watts as a B grader (but definitely was part of our best 22) so it's not the end of the world, but poorly handled by the club IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 31 AND we pay some of his salary?

Then again we must have really wanted him out if we were prepared to accept unders. A very Morton-esque trade.

Even if you accept that you've received an ordinary deal for Watts what Goodwin does now have is a benchmark for how he will deal with under-performing players. Make an example of one and (he'll be hoping that) the rest fall into line.
Pretty much. It's the only to move forward. Unfortunately there are a few Melbourne supporters still unable to accept change. Maybe they'd be happier with Mark Neeld and Chris Connolly again.

Pretty much. It's the only to move forward. Unfortunately there are a few Melbourne supporters still unable to accept change. Maybe they'd be happier with Mark Neeld and Chris Connolly again.
I want what's best for the club, simple. Happy to accept change if it's for the better.

Getting bent over in the Lever deal then trading a best 22 player for peanuts is not 'the only way to move forward' it's bad management.

No doubt we'll overpay for Balic, probably end up giving them 31 or 36 for a slow poorly skilled fringe player.
Mahoney was asked specifically if there was an internal issue with Watts that lead to the move. He said there wasn't and that the decision was based on his performance alone.

The club has driven down his value by publicly criticising him, then traded him for a nothing pick, and will be paying part of his salary. I see Watts as a B grader (but definitely was part of our best 22) so it's not the end of the world, but poorly handled by the club IMO.
If it was based on performance alone we should be trading half the team for nothing picks.

No doubt we'll overpay for Balic, probably end up giving them 31 or 36 for a slow poorly skilled fringe player.
Reckon it'll be a pick swap

I can see how you might think that but moving Watts on does nothing but paper over the cracks mate.

Completely rebuilt the list with Roos from 2013 onwards. One player going out the door does not throw out all the good work he's done.

What if Watts is the next Sylvia?

The next Sylvia, the next Toumpas, the next Gysberts.

Would have liked more than pick 31 outright but I’m not at all worried about what he’s going to achieve at Port.

Silliest thing thing I've read today.

Even if you think Watts is bad for the club, it's still in the club's best interest to get the best possible trade deal. All we've done is talk down his worth and get a worse deal because of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back