Injury James Sicily scare - Confirmed Sicily set to miss at least 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine trying to set up the defensive zone against that. The oppo would have NFI where to set up...... either would we :grin:
Both teams would just set up in a line from one boundary to the other about 40 out .....you would still back him not hit one of the other 34 players position right across the ground !

Don’t understand all these people saying ‘blow it up’, ‘play the kids’, ‘season over’, etc.
Sic is a very good player. But he is just one player.
We are equal on points with 8th. If we make the finals, we have players like Sicily, McEvoy, Birchall coming back.
We’re not getting a really good pick this year regardless. We only have 6 weeks left so playing more young guys wouldn’t necessarily turn them into far better players or anything.
We still have a friendly draw. Plus we’ve beaten some very good teams this year.
None of the teams this year stand out especially for me (no not even Richmond). Competition fairly even.
Who knows what could happen next year? I say make this year count.

Sometimes you gotta know your limitations. We are not top 4 this year, i don’t see much point making an elimination final on the neck of a soft draw, we clearly need more depth and to accelerate our youth, we haven’t had top 8 pick for over a decade, we are going to have a treasure chest at years end...October and November will play a bigger part in where we are in 2-5 years than anything we do in the next 6 weeks.

I would like us to win every week but I’m not going to give a shite if we lose most games from here.

Remember where hodgey, Buddy, Roughy and Lewis came from ?

Sometimes you gotta know your limitations. We are not top 4 this year, i don’t see much point making an elimination final on the neck of a soft draw,
Imagine if the Dogs had thought that in 2016

Sometimes you gotta know your limitations. We are not top 4 this year, i don’t see much point making an elimination final on the neck of a soft draw, we clearly need more depth and to accelerate our youth, we haven’t had top 8 pick for over a decade, we are going to have a treasure chest at years end...October and November will play a bigger part in where we are in 2-5 years than anything we do in the next 6 weeks.

I would like us to win every week but I’m not going to give a shite if we lose most games from here.

Lewis and Hodge came from trades and had nothing to do with our ladder position.

It's all good to think play the kids but if the kids in the reserve aren't up to scratch you're pissing in the wind, only Worpel, Cousins and Lewis have any claim to have a potential call up on form.

Sicily is a big loss to the team, absolutely no doubt about that, but I will be extremely unimpressed if we give the impression that we are just going to lay down and die. Thankfully Clarkson isn't someone who gives up that easily; we are still in mathematical finals contention (even though I don't thin we will make it) and it would paint a horrible picture both inside and outside the club if we were to give up on this season.
We're sitting around about where most predicted us to be, so I just can't see where the whole doom and gloom mindset comes from

Wishing a speedy recovery to Sic

Imagine if the Dogs had thought that in 2016

But I’m not playing and We are not the dogs of 2016. Of course the club should and will give it to their last breath to make finals but I’m not fussed at all if we battle along the next few weeks and slide down the ladder.
And the dogs best footy that year was right up there in my view ..I don’t see that with us.
If you could put in a fighting fit birch, Cyril, sic and big boy for sept then I’d have a different view but that ain’t happening.

Last edited:
Im surprised you guys are saying you can't make he 8 - based on the run home, you will easily make it IMO.

Is Sicily known for being a "fast healer" ? There could be a likelyhood he recovers early?

Im surprised you guys are saying you can't make he 8 - based on the run home, you will easily make it IMO.

Is Sicily known for being a "fast healer" ? There could be a likelyhood he recovers early?
No, he'll be out for the full time. Back Round 23.

Our best is pretty good, but our bad can be putrid. Injuries to key players at the wrong time of the year (McEvoy, Sicily) will test our depth which isn't good. We will be lucky to make the 8.

On the BUPA report they showed footage of Sick and nothing on his wrist.
Was it stock footage?
looked to all be preseason training footage

guys with zinc and bucket hats and sweating in bright sun etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back