News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s done and Calder Cannons use it as a home base.
Probably sufficient for TAC Cup but the gulf in standards between that an AFL training venue would be chalk and cheese.

It was temporary while they rebuilt last time
Ok, I didn't realise it was temporary. I always thought it was meant to be a permanent facility for training, and one of the reasons why was because there was plenty of land out that way to build the required facilities and have an oval big enough. Punt Rd was going to be retained as well, as an administration base and another training/rehab space.

The gulf in standards wouldn't really be a thing if an AFL club took it on permanently. The club is thinking of spending $100,000,000... think of what that could do for an oval in Craigieburn

from the house of rockefeller
we have a rothschild on the board and the club wants us to fork out

breaking bad jeans GIF

Leaving that heap of s**t and building the proposed amenity around it would have cost 200mn. Or perhaps we could go underground and build a 50s style nuclear bunker to accommodate everyone
200 million? Provide evidence please?

All we know is that the current plan remains only partially funded.

If RFC members don't cough up the shortfall....? (and that's before any (almost inevitable) cost blowouts.)

So what happens then? RFC goes into debt in a ~7% interest rate environment.

I don't like the sound of this at all, the current demolish-to-build plan should be shelved IMO.

Don't want to be out rattling tins again, SoS style, like it's 1990.

Growth with heritage retention will have the whole community onboard, best chance to fully fund without debt and risk to the clubs future.

When is Benny going to Tassy? Hopefully the next CEO will see sense on this.

I don't think we need the triple basement car park under the building, which would literally be adding multi multi millions to the build cost. That might slash it by about 8-10 mill for starters. Maybe even more (any quantity surveyors in the house?)

I understand it might be something to do with that the building may be reducing the existing car park area but gee whiz just catch PT or uber it like the rest of us. It's not like the players are short of a buck.

Brick by brick email sent out to members.

For those interested or unaware of the fundraiser:

I don't think we need the triple basement car park under the building, which would literally be adding multi multi millions to the build cost. That might slash it by about 8-10 mill for starters. Maybe even more (any quantity surveyors in the house?)

I understand it might be something to do with that the building may be reducing the existing car park area but gee whiz just catch PT or uber it like the rest of us. It's not like the players are short of a buck.

We have a sharing arrangement with the MCC for the car park so it will be used for matches which will give us revenue.

Brick by brick email sent out to members.

For those interested or unaware of the fundraiser:
1714280739274.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well seeing as though there is a revenue stream, perhaps they shouldn't feel the need to ask members for that component.
I'd dare say the car park will be for players and staff and won't be as big as people think. The current car park is always full of double parking on match days and even during the week. So while it may be a triple story it probably won't be any more than about 75 spaces in total

I'd dare say the car park will be for players and staff and won't be as big as people think. The current car park is always full of double parking on match days and even during the week. So while it may be a triple story it probably won't be any more than about 75 spaces in total
It's a hell of a cost for 75 spaces.

Just to be clear on what the club website says:
The current car park allows for 110 parking spaces. In its current state it is an eyesore for the local community and potentially dangerous. The proposed underground car parking solution will allow for 260 car park spaces.

It's a hell of a cost for 75 spaces.
Well considering the post that just mentioned it's going to be 260 spaces, I guess the cost is somewhat justified and it will have some ability to make money for the club on game days

Well considering the post that just mentioned it's going to be 260 spaces, I guess the cost is somewhat justified and it will have some ability to make money for the club on game days
Is there another club HQ in the land with underground parking? And I don't mean parking at street level with a building above.

3 levels of underground parking will be an insane cost.

Is there another club HQ in the land with underground parking? And I don't mean parking at street level with a building above.

It’s a valid point and likely costing significant $$$ , space is limited , so what it’s inner city surrounded by A grade public tpt options , I used to work for a huge global firm with hq in CBD , in the 90s everyone had a car space , not any more, top ranks only

The blow out in costs isn't because of the underground car parking. The project was going to cost us $65m prior to the delays. The car parking is important to allow the project to allow the players and staff access to the club as they need. I know you mentioned catching PT or using Uber, but why should they when we've got the space to add parking facilities to the redevelopment while we're building it.

The blow out in costs isn't because of the underground car parking. The project was going to cost us $65m prior to the delays. The car parking is important to allow the project to allow the players and staff access to the club as they need. I know you mentioned catching PT or using Uber, but why should they when we've got the space to add parking facilities to the redevelopment while we're building it.
Because cost.

Anyone can argue space for a basement.

"G'day Harley I hear you're interested in coming to Tiger land. We've got a brand new digs we'd love for you to check out.

Parking? Uh sure we'll you could risk it on Stewart Street or there's 2 hour parking at the Coles Richmond park? Richmond station is right next door as well..."

"The current car park allows for 110 parking spaces. In its current state it is an eyesore for the local community and potentially dangerous. The proposed underground car parking solution will allow for 260 car park spaces."

lmao an eyesore and potentially dangerous, could they come up with any more marshmallow reasons to spend 10mil

low effort gaff

200 million? Provide evidence please?

All we know is that the current plan remains only partially funded.

If RFC members don't cough up the shortfall....? (and that's before any (almost inevitable) cost blowouts.)

So what happens then? RFC goes into debt in a ~7% interest rate environment.

I don't like the sound of this at all, the current demolish-to-build plan should be shelved IMO.

Don't want to be out rattling tins again, SoS style, like it's 1990.

Growth with heritage retention will have the whole community onboard, best chance to fully fund without debt and risk to the clubs future.

When is Benny going to Tassy? Hopefully the next CEO will see sense on this.
I'm all for it if the club can make it that some of the money going too the minnows like Norf can be redirected towards this project then why not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back