Multiplat Grand Theft Auto VI - Coming 2025, Trailer in Post #195

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a shame you can't experience the original anymore. The sound track has been massacred and was a huge part of what made the game so great.

Last I installed (have played it a few times since they originally wiped songs like Billie Jean from the game) those of us that purchased it back in the day still retain the original version/files and the deleted songs were present while playing. I'd hope that's still the case, but I haven't played it since just after the definitive edition "remasters" came out.

Video Killed the Radio Star riding through Vice City.

Not sure how but most times that song played I was usually zipping around on a scooter.

It's a shame you can't experience the original anymore. The sound track has been massacred and was a huge part of what made the game so great.
I don't remember why I never did
I had GTA3 and I had San Andreas and Ib remember one of my mates talking about Vice City a lot

Really cool trailer, vague enough to leave me wanting more, exciting to see what else they’ll release prior to the game dropping.

Just hope there’s more life to the open world than V had, was an amazingly detailed and good looking game, but felt like there was not a lot do as well.

Still think San Andreas is the best GTA, there was so much to do, the customisation of your character was cool, and there being so many different landscapes and cities made for some great variety.

The map in V felt half full of life, and the rest a bit filler.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Never got into Vice City and it’s setting but I’ll be getting 6 without a doubt.

Now I wanna go back and play San Andreas on PS2…

RDR2 was such a beautiful game, this will be the first "next gen" GTA and it looks amazing

what it will look like when it finally comes out and hits console will be interesting

fwiw probably an unpopular opinion but the series peaked from a narrative standpoint with GTA IV imo. Niko was just on another level of character depth and the story is unmatched. V's story and characters couldn't hold a candle next to it. 3 protags just diluted it too much. Was far superior with it's antagonists too. Dimitri > random fib guy

I don't think this game's story will beat IV's either but am confident it will comfortably surpass V's.

Last edited:
V's story and characters couldn't hold a candle next to it. 3 protags just diluted it too much. Was far superior with it's antagonists too. Dimitri > random fib guy
My personal view is that the issue wasn't going with three protagonists, it was that none of the characters were particularly well-developed or written. Michael was difficult to relate to and like, and just kind of boring as a perennially angry, privileged man. Franklin had almost nothing going on from a personality perspective, and I'm not sure I can recall any of his story. Trevor was funny, but that is basically where it ended - he had zero redeeming qualities, no growth, and no depth.

Three protagonists in a game can definitely work and be done well. GTA V just didn't do a good enough job of the characters themselves.

My personal view is that the issue wasn't going with three protagonists, it was that none of the characters were particularly well-developed or written. Michael was difficult to relate to and like, and just kind of boring as a perennially angry, privileged man. Franklin had almost nothing going on from a personality perspective, and I'm not sure I can recall any of his story. Trevor was funny, but that is basically where it ended - he had zero redeeming qualities, no growth, and no depth.

Three protagonists in a game can definitely work and be done well. GTA V just didn't do a good enough job of the characters themselves.

It's definitely that but I'd propose that part of the reason for that is because of dividing the time up between 3 - thus taking away valuable time to build them as characters. Instead of 1 character with 15 hours, you have 3 with 5 each or however long it went. But I get your point - no amount of time was going to develop Trevor since he wasn't really meant to be a deep character.

Last edited:

too true, V was a fantastic game, but I didn't care for any of the characters. Michael was a bit cliched, Franklin was boring and could've been fleshed out a bit more with his backstory, and Trevor while being fun to play, was a dick.

Contrast to RDR2, different game I know, Arthur Morgan was a fantastic character, so well written. Niko in GTA 4 again was really well done.

To be fair though, already liking what we see with the two mains just from the trailer.

Agree with what most are saying about Franklin and Michael but reckon Trevor as a character is being hugely under appreciated… there is a lot more depth and complexity to him than initially meets the eye IMO. It’s not fair to simply say he was a bit of a dick (I mean yes obviously he was, but there’s more to it than that). There were parts of him that were deeply unlikable but there were others that were much easier to resonate with. Some of his lines - especially the satirical ones - were top notch and hit home well. Easily steals the show out of the three playable characters.

I do think 3 protagonists was one too many, so 2 should work better in VI. Rockstar was probably right to give you the option to kill one of them off at the end of V, I just personally wouldn’t choose Trevor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recently picked up the Xbox Series X version of GTA 5, I have really played a GTA before apart from a few hours on San Andreas. Thinking I might need to hit GTA 5 and see what the go is.

Agree with what most are saying about Franklin and Michael but reckon Trevor as a character is being hugely under appreciated… there is a lot more depth and complexity to him than initially meets the eye IMO. It’s not fair to simply say he was a bit of a dick (I mean yes obviously he was, but there’s more to it than that). There were parts of him that were deeply unlikable but there were others that were much easier to resonate with. Some of his lines - especially the satirical ones - were top notch and hit home well. Easily steals the show out of the three playable characters.

I do think 3 protagonists was one too many, so 2 should work better in VI. Rockstar was probably right to give you the option to kill one of them off at the end of V, I just personally wouldn’t choose Trevor.
Agree. Probably also helps his voice actor and likeness (can't remember his name but played Simon in the Walking Dead) does a stellar job making him what he is.

Would love a cameo by CJ. Tommy Vercetti probably too far fetched

We'd get an easter egg somewhere but not him as Liotta is dead.

People are strange

4r3qa7ogei4c1.jpeg

I did three playthroughs of IV plus the DLC's the Lost and Dammed and the Ballard of Gay Tony that's how much I enjoyed that games story and how much lively Liberty City felt. Contrast to V I only did one playthrough. Granted I did spend a hell of a lot of time just roaming San Andreas plus finish off a lot of the side quest and world events. But to me San Andreas as a whole doesn't compare to the vibrance of liberty City in IV. With GTA online I pretty much got bored of it within months I went back every once in a while but I just didn't feel it. Unless you have a crew to play with its extremely boring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back