Multiplat Grand Theft Auto VI - Coming 2025, Trailer in Post #195

Remove this Banner Ad

I did three playthroughs of IV plus the DLC's the Lost and Dammed and the Ballard of Gay Tony that's how much I enjoyed that games story and how much lively Liberty City felt. Contrast to V I only did one playthrough. Granted I did spend a hell of a lot of time just roaming San Andreas plus finish off a lot of the side quest and world events. But to me San Andreas as a whole doesn't compare to the vibrance of liberty City in IV. With GTA online I pretty much got bored of it within months I went back every once in a while but I just didn't feel it. Unless you have a crew to play with its extremely boring.

4 IV playthroughs for me, 1 for V.

Vice City will always be the best for me. I was 14 when I came out and I think I 100%'d it 4 or 5 times. I played it for hundreds of hours, and I still couldn't get enough. The city was amazing, and as others stated, the soundtrack was superb. Story was great, radio stations were great, setting was great. All of it was ******* great.

III was incredible too and revolutionary. Really paved the way for open world games.

Always thought SANAN was overrated. Never liked it like others did.

I completed IV, but my memory of it is hazy, though, I enjoyed its setting, Niko and its story.

I've got no doubt VI will be incredible too.

Really cool trailer, vague enough to leave me wanting more, exciting to see what else they’ll release prior to the game dropping.

Just hope there’s more life to the open world than V had, was an amazingly detailed and good looking game, but felt like there was not a lot do as well.

Still think San Andreas is the best GTA, there was so much to do, the customisation of your character was cool, and there being so many different landscapes and cities made for some great variety.

The map in V felt half full of life, and the rest a bit filler.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.
Apparently over 70% of the games buildings you will be able to go in an explore/interact with if true that's insane.

Reckon it will be on the level of RDR 2 but cranked up to the max

Agree with what most are saying about Franklin and Michael but reckon Trevor as a character is being hugely under appreciated… there is a lot more depth and complexity to him than initially meets the eye IMO. It’s not fair to simply say he was a bit of a dick (I mean yes obviously he was, but there’s more to it than that). There were parts of him that were deeply unlikable but there were others that were much easier to resonate with. Some of his lines - especially the satirical ones - were top notch and hit home well. Easily steals the show out of the three playable characters.

I do think 3 protagonists was one too many, so 2 should work better in VI. Rockstar was probably right to give you the option to kill one of them off at the end of V, I just personally wouldn’t choose Trevor.
Steven Ogg who played Trevor wants nothing to do with him doesn't like that's all he's known for.

I guess he doesn't like being type casted as the "crazy guy" in his roles lols

Steven Ogg who played Trevor wants nothing to do with him doesn't like that's all he's known for.

I guess he doesn't like being type casted as the "crazy guy" in his roles lols
This is kinda a weird position for a voice actor. People like a character you brought to life. You should be proud of that, it's exactly what you're meant to do.

I do think 3 protagonists was one too many, so 2 should work better in VI. Rockstar was probably right to give you the option to kill one of them off at the end of V, I just personally wouldn’t choose Trevor.

Pointless trivia time, but I killed off Trevor in my very first play through (on the 360).

I've kept all 3 alive in every other play through since (Xbox One a few times, PS4 a few times, PC a few times, PS5 twice so far and Xbox Series X 3 times lol).

I've replayed V a number of times on every platform, not quite as many replays that I've played III-Vice City-San Andreas..... but getting up there!

I think the only real evidence of him not wanting to be associated with Trevor is him halfassing a Cameo that some guy paid for, who wanted to use the video as click bait for GTA 6 rumours. Either way he probably just does not want fo be type-cast his whole career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see how it might get frustrating to have people everywhere just refer to you as Trevor.

It depends on the person though. Ned Luke as Michael completely embraced it and still does to this day.

David Cockle from Witcher also leans heavily into his Geralt persona/voice and seems to have no issue with people associating it with him.

Both stream and seem to love the fans.

I'd personally have no issue with it, given how happy it makes people and the opportunities and wealth that can come with it :cool:

This is kinda a weird position for a voice actor. People like a character you brought to life. You should be proud of that, it's exactly what you're meant to do.
There's a bunch of gaming "news" cliclbaits about soneones view of a video they paid him to make meaning he hates rockstar.

It's his biggest role, he's talkes about how it's the largest fandom he's attached to, like how Mark Hamill is always going to be Luke Skywalker to most people.

He did the job 10 years ago and it's the thing he's asked about most but I've not seen him slag rockstar or anything or say he didn't like being Trevor.

But entertainment media is always looking for/making up drama

Vice City will always be the best for me. I was 14 when I came out and I think I 100%'d it 4 or 5 times. I played it for hundreds of hours, and I still couldn't get enough. The city was amazing, and as others stated, the soundtrack was superb. Story was great, radio stations were great, setting was great. All of it was ******* great.

III was incredible too and revolutionary. Really paved the way for open world games.

Always thought SANAN was overrated. Never liked it like others did.

I completed IV, but my memory of it is hazy, though, I enjoyed its setting, Niko and its story.

I've got no doubt VI will be incredible too.
I replayed Vice City about 6-12 months ago.

That game aged well. Still the best of the GTA's imo

But I remember playing 1 & 2 on PC at a mates place when I was a kid

Vice City was my favorite too. Got it when I was 12/13. I was up to the Print Works and accidentally deleted my save file, cried about it, then later wrote to Hyper Magazine with the story and they published it :tearsofjoy:

I'm real keen for the car culture, customisation in this, seems like they've worked hard on it, I imagine they want to keep people away from playing actual car games etc. with a car scene good enough to scratch that itch.

I will be shocked IF GTA 6 is not the greatest video game ever. 12 years waiting Rockstar will smash all other games.

They know how to do a trailor.

Thought the release date would be much sooner. Over a year from first trailor to release.
Nah about 18 months seems right

Thought it might be a few years tbh

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I will be shocked IF GTA 6 is not the greatest video game ever. 12 years waiting Rockstar will smash all other games.
We can hope. The story will be the make and break though. Personally I didn't rate RDR2 as highly as RDR because the story just didn't grab me as much.

With GTA though I'm just having flashbacks spending hours trying to sneak into the airport and pinch jumbo jets.

God the next two years are going to be an absolute shitshow........... I've already had a "how to get GTA6 early" Youtube video pop up in my Google feed, also the headline "Millions of people excluded from GTA6" (because it's not coming to PS4/Xbox One). Plus every muppet with a loose association with anything GTA related will be out there attention seeking for views. Even a guy who calls himself "Florida Joker" is in the media accusing Rockstar of using his likeness, it's literally a guy who made himself look like the Joker.

Just wait till more info comes out so we can get the pearl-clutchers crying in the media because you can shoot at a kid or slap a hooker/stripper, and that it glamorizes crime. Hell, a couple of hours after the trailer dropped we already had someone in here bemoaning to prejudice and discrimination facing the global white-trash population.

I mean Cyberpunk and Starfield buildups were bad enough, but GTA titles hit a much wider audience and include a lot of lower lifeforms who just like playing it to justify they sad wannabe gangster lifestyle. The level of f**kery that's going to surround this release is going to be incredible.

EDIT: Jesus.......... Andrew and Tristan Tate are criticizing the game's morals

Last edited:
God the next two years are going to be an absolute shitshow........... I've already had a "how to get GTA6 early" Youtube video pop up in my Google feed, also the headline "Millions of people excluded from GTA6" (because it's not coming to PS4/Xbox One). Plus every muppet with a loose association with anything GTA related will be out there attention seeking for views. Even a guy who calls himself "Florida Joker" is in the media accusing Rockstar of using his likeness, it's literally a guy who made himself look like the Joker.

Just wait till more info comes out so we can get the pearl-clutchers crying in the media because you can shoot at a kid or slap a hooker/stripper, and that it glamorizes crime. Hell, a couple of hours after the trailer dropped we already had someone in here bemoaning to prejudice and discrimination facing the global white-trash population.

I mean Cyberpunk and Starfield buildups were bad enough, but GTA titles hit a much wider audience and include a lot of lower lifeforms who just like playing it to justify they sad wannabe gangster lifestyle. The level of f**kery that's going to surround this release is going to be incredible.

EDIT: Jesus.......... Andrew and Tristan Tate are criticizing the game's morals

We should make a GTA 6 hype bingo and see how long it takes us to finish it.

We should make a GTA 6 hype bingo and see how long it takes us to finish it.

It too me months to finish Vice City (was only going to be a few weeks but got stuck in The Driver mission near the end).

San Andreas, IV and V were all done inside a week (storyline missions at least). I appreciated the mission variety but San Andreas was too easy. Only died a handful of times - mostly from silly errors (particularly the mission where you're on the dirt bike chasing after a train, I couldn't stay on the designated path lol)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back