Multiplat Grand Theft Auto VI - Coming 2025, Trailer in Post #195

Remove this Banner Ad

Xtreme's gaming history is somewhat ... extreme.
oh I am aware but rushing through GTA in a week just seems weird

like yeah you can maybe knock it over in 40 hours or whatever but why

I do not understand completely a GTA storyline in a week lol

how many hours a day were you gaming for

oh I am aware but rushing through GTA in a week just seems weird

like yeah you can maybe knock it over in 40 hours or whatever but why

Actually the storyline missions for San Andreas (as an example) take about 12-15 hours, can easily be done under 10 when skipping the cutscenes. Factor in (as I said) that I barely died during my initial run. It was done and dusted inside 5 days, about 3 hours or less a night.

I went through a phase in the 2000's where I prioritised running through single player/story focused games skipping the majority of cutscenes and re-watching them on youtube at a later date. Actually I still skip most cutscenes in games today.

Like anything else I'll play things as fast as possible, while I haven't played Fifa properly in ages (got 23 last year, but only played online a bit... barely touched manager mode) I used to get the yearly Fifa/NBA 2K (or citing recent AFL games), I'll play as many games in season/manager mode as possible to burn through seasons faster. Back in the early days I'd set the quarters at the minimum length - eg: Total NBA '97 - 3 minute quarters, Fifa 2-4 minute halves to do this. I justified it (to myself at least lol) that I'd rather be able to play many matches per hour..... rather than just a few.

I'd also do at least a season with settings that 'replicate' real life scorelines.

I get the same enjoyment from them as someone would taking weeks/months to go through every nook and cranny.

Last edited:
I went through a phase in the 2000's where I prioritised running through single player/story focused games skipping the majority of cutscenes and re-watching them on youtube at a later date. Actually I still skip most cutscenes in games today.
Confused Little Girl GIF

Actually the storyline missions for San Andreas (as an example) take about 12-15 hours, can easily be done under 10 when skipping the cutscenes. Factor in (as I said) that I barely died during my initial run. It was done and dusted inside 5 days, about 3 hours or less a night.

Like anything else I'll play things as fast as possible, while I haven't played Fifa properly in ages (got 23 last year, but only played online a bit... barely touched manager mode) I used to get the yearly Fifa/NBA 2K (or citing recent AFL games). I'll play as many games in season/manager mode as possible to burn through seasons faster. Back in the early days (Total NBA '97 - 3 minute quarters, Fifa 2-4 minute halves).

I get the same enjoyment from them as someone would taking weeks/months to go through every nook and cranny.

Some of the stuff directed at you on here (not just this thread) has been pretty harsh. I say game the way you want to game. You aren’t hurting anyone by playing in a certain way.

LOL there's absolutely nothing wrong with skipping cutscenes that take forever to play out.
Metal Gear Solid 3 - while awesome only re-enforced my point of view back in the day.
you're the meme

1702008245950.jpeg

Some of the stuff directed at you on here (not just this thread) has been pretty harsh. I say game the way you want to game. You aren’t hurting anyone by playing in a certain way.
Xtreme mercilessly trolls across this entire site on pretty much any topic that even remotely interests them

I think they can take it and if not tough s**t they certainly make multiple threads painful on a regular basis for their own amusement

LOL there's absolutely nothing wrong with skipping cutscenes that take forever to play out.
Metal Gear Solid 3 - while awesome only re-enforced my point of view back in the day.
Other than missing the entire story sure there is nothing wrong with skipping...

Xtreme mercilessly trolls across this entire site on pretty much any topic that even remotely interests them

I think they can take it and if not tough s**t they certainly make multiple threads painful on a regular basis for their own amusement

I only have experience with Xtreme on the VG board. So wouldn’t know about any other board he/she posts on.

like yeah do what you want but the line I like to speed through single player story focused games by skipping the story sure seems to defeat the purpose of playing said games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only have experience with Xtreme on the VG board. So wouldn’t know about any other board he/she posts on.

Strap yourself in, it's a pretty bumpy ride!!! :p

like yeah do what you want but the line I like to speed through single player story focused games by skipping the story sure seems to defeat the purpose of playing said games

Other than missing the entire story sure there is nothing wrong with skipping...

Except when you already know the story and how it plays out ;)

kobe-bryant-swish.gif

The GTA games are also pretty predictable ;)

I mean sure, but I guess there's also a point where you lose the point of the game and seem to be completing it for the sake of completing it. It's like paying to get into the Louvre and walking through the hallways without actually looking at anything, sure you went there but what was the point?

Strap yourself in, it's a pretty bumpy ride!!! :p

Except when you already know the story and how it plays out ;)

kobe-bryant-swish.gif
if its not your first playthrough that's different

but you said you skip them while playing and then watch them later on youtube which yeah doesn't sound like you had already played through normally

I mean sure, but I guess there's also a point where you lose the point of the game and seem to be completing it for the sake of completing it. It's like paying to get into the Louvre and walking through the hallways without actually looking at anything, sure you went there but what was the point?
speed running the Louvre, sounds like my contiki tour

we had maybe an hour or two tops so to get in the venus de milo and mona lisa meant really missing a lot

if its not your first playthrough that's different

but you said you skip them while playing and then watch them later on youtube which yeah doesn't sound like you had already played through normally

Look at Vice City and San Andreas and the pop culture that they were inspired by, the twists and turns were far from surprising. Very predictable in actuality ;)

We can hope. The story will be the make and break though. Personally I didn't rate RDR2 as highly as RDR because the story just didn't grab me as much.

With GTA though I'm just having flashbacks spending hours trying to sneak into the airport and pinch jumbo jets.
i need to replay RDR because it had been so long since it that when I started RDR2 I was like I didn't remember half the gang

took me a while to warm to Arthur, took me a while to warm to Niko in GTA4 as well but they're my two favorite protagonists

All good, just look everything up on Youtube and it'll be like you never missed anything
I'd like to go back and do it properly instead

I have no doubt R* will knock this out of the park, if RDR2 is anything to go by which is my favorite game of all time!! Can’t wait for RDR3.

I’ve only finished GTA IV once, started it again a while ago and it’s pretty meh tbh, needs a proper remake. GTA SA was the one I pumped the most hours into, fantastic game. GTA V was awesome too but the storyline and 3 characters weren’t memorable imo, fell flat a bit.

I reckon I've played through V at least half a dozen times (and always picked option c), and no doubt I'll go again before the next one comes out. I wish they hadn't have abandoned single player though, that map could have done with another couple of stories. They could have done it with Online even, instead of forcing you into public lobbies and making it virtually impossible for a solo player to get anything done, even if they have altered that a bit of late.

And R* once again ignoring the roots of their company when they originally made GTA for PC by delaying/not announcing PC release plans.

C'mon R* we're not getting any younger.

I fear, I'll be too old to game by the time the PC version drops. I was old enough to not require an adult to buy me GTA 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back