Gold Coast Fantasy/Supercoach Comps and Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Flanders has had a hell of a preseason, looked good against the Giants but how does he fit in when Touk returns round 1? Will he get CBA's do you think or be parked forward? Thanks
He didn't really get many CBA's even without Touk - what you saw against the Giants will be the same role he has Rd 1. Certainly not parked forward, he has license to follow the ball and surround the packs. Gonna get a lot of loose chips around the contest and push it forward by foot.

He didn't really get many CBA's even without Touk - what you saw against the Giants will be the same role he has Rd 1. Certainly not parked forward, he has license to follow the ball and surround the packs. Gonna get a lot of loose chips around the contest and push it forward by foot.
Yeah I was just looking at his CBA numbers and was surprised to see how low they were, 16% I think. I’ll watch the replay I think, I’ve read many reports how he was only getting CBA’s due to Touk being out and will be impacted round 1 when he returns but seems it’s not true. Do you see him getting a run of games or his JS pretty much week by week. Appreciate the reply

Never played AFL fantasy, but have been playing NFL fantasy for over a decade and am keen to learn how AFL works.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Try this thread from the Supercoach board, lots of good info. There are also dozens of SC focused podcasts/youtube channels to get you on the right track. I'd recommend DR Supercoach and Fantasy Take TV (the guys from fttv post a bit on the board).

Don't be scared to post over there if you have questions or want advice. Only thing to remember is there is no club loyalty on the SC board, it's all about the SC players at each club.

We have one spot left in the Suns league so get in quick - BigFooty GC Suns 1 (623941).

Damn I was hopeful of a win this year. Guess not🥲
Bit early to toss it in ;)....every year is different and luck plays a huge part.....I went from 12th in 2020 to 2956 in '21, using the same strategy, so everyone is in with a chance......best of luck to all....:)

Edit: And I should have added I finished in 9594th position in 2019......

Last edited:
Fantasy isn’t as good as SuperCoach
I would have to respectfully disagree.

The salary cap mechanism is needlessly confusing compared to the draft style.

I can recognize though that in Australia at least that I'm in the minority here.

Yeah I was just looking at his CBA numbers and was surprised to see how low they were, 16% I think. I’ll watch the replay I think, I’ve read many reports how he was only getting CBA’s due to Touk being out and will be impacted round 1 when he returns but seems it’s not true. Do you see him getting a run of games or his JS pretty much week by week. Appreciate the reply
JS is rock solid. Unless he suddenly strings together 3 bad games - he's getting picked every week. 4th year player, huge preseason, great praccy games, much improved running and tank and a huge VFL showing back half of last year. He's ripe and ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try this thread from the Supercoach board, lots of good info. There are also dozens of SC focused podcasts/youtube channels to get you on the right track. I'd recommend DR Supercoach and Fantasy Take TV (the guys from fttv post a bit on the board).

Don't be scared to post over there if you have questions or want advice. Only thing to remember is there is no club loyalty on the SC board, it's all about the SC players at each club.

We have one spot left in the Suns league so get in quick - BigFooty GC Suns 1 (623941).
Alright, I'm in. Time to do some research this weekend and get a squad together.

Alright, I'm in. Time to do some research this weekend and get a squad together.

Podcasts are your best bet.

Doctor Supercoach, Coaches Panel, Moreira’s Magic, Fantasy Take TV are all good starts. Ignore Herald Sun podcast - Phantom’s Lair is good sometimes too.

Would suggest watching this to gat a little familiar with terminology and tactics:

Hey team, got a verrrry deep draft league going on and I often like having a DEF/FWD on the bench for injury cover. Long was my goal for that spot but he’s been snapped up. Is there any merit in D-Mac? A bit of word about he could be back in the good books, but there’s obviously no point picking him if he’s not actually gonna play. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Hey team, got a verrrry deep draft league going on and I often like having a DEF/FWD on the bench for injury cover. Long was my goal for that spot but he’s been snapped up. Is there any merit in D-Mac? A bit of word about he could be back in the good books, but there’s obviously no point picking him if he’s not actually gonna play. Any help appreciated. Cheers.
Will play early rounds, but once Powell and Weller are back may lose his spot.

Will play early rounds, but once Powell and Weller are back may lose his spot.
Cheers, thought that could be the risk.

Is he likely to be used as a distributor? Or is he just a useful body back there?

Cheers, thought that could be the risk.

Is he likely to be used as a distributor? Or is he just a useful body back there?
most likely to be a distributor but a turnover king.. good for fantasy not for supercoach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back