Geelong to go undefeated in 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

6 rounds in and some clown asks “can Geelong go undefeated”.

Didn’t North win the first 10 a few years ago and just sneak into 8th?

It’s impossible to know who the contenders are until around rounds 13-15.
There's a balance in the middle between the OP's crazy post and your idea of there being no relevant info until round 13.

I am happy enough to include us in the 6 or 7 sides who "can" win it this season. As in it's not impossible. I like our mix and I just don't see stacks of incredibly strong sides. If we even got our act together last season we would've had a chance of a Carlton or GWS type run. Once Hawkins and Blicavs were injured against Freo and we blew that game, it was over though.

We'll have a better idea on whether top 4 is likely or not in about a month. Most sides with an 8-2 or better record go on to finish top 4.

You’re kidding yourself. You never have a reasonable discussion. You’re a clear troll with the way you post.
You wouldn’t have said “yeah I’m not sure about Jye Clark yet”.
You would have burst out with “Clark is rubbish, Geelongs young players are s**t”
Or something along those lines.

You’re a s**t stirring poster who deliberately tries to piss people off. For wherever reason I don’t know.

Post like a civil person, and you might just be able to have a reasonable discussion about our great game.
Exactly. It's very inflammatory, dismissive and exaggerated stuff. Then straight to complaining about Geelong's advantages or "easy ride" as a back up argument. I would've been shocked if Geelong slid from 12th to free fall further down the ladder in 2024 (2025-2027 much more likely for that I reckon) and we aren't far away from ruling that out. That's all.

Agreed, they just bomb it forward and hope for the best. It doesn’t matter how many times they get it into their 50.
Yep. Every team could easily record an additional 10-20 inside 50s if they weren’t attempting to find a target.

oh

lol. sorry, just been fending off cats fans for a while :)

but yeah, I think im gonna leave this here. I got booted from a Geelong thread because I didn't rate Jhye Clark. so there's no ability to talk footy here with mods being this protective.
You didn’t rate Harley Reid either 3 weeks ago….

Dude, you came 12th last year lol. You can do 'rope-a-dope'? what does that say about the 12th ranked team in the afl? lol. you crack me up.

We pushed the premiers, should've won it. and then lost to an in form Carlton who gave Brisbane a mighty scare in the prelim.

You're letting an easy early season fixture get to your head.

If anyone was weak it was Geelong in 2021 getting spanked by 60 in the biggest game of the year.
You must be cross eyed.

As a general rule, Melbourne supporters are some the best on this site IMO.

Maybe the years of pain neuter you a little bit, but very rarely are they boastful, arrogant, or delusional for mine.

Old mate Danny is doing his best to change that singlehandedly though.
Even Melbourne fans on their board can’t stand him. He is an embarrassment.

I think the Cats early good form will count for little in the end, and that the aging Geelong team of 2024 will go a similar way to North Melbourne in 2016.

The Kangaroos won their first 9 matches of the season and were 10-1 and miles on top of the ladder at the midway point. They finished the year in 8th at 12-10, 3 games behind the 7th placed and eventual premiers the Western Bulldogs (15-7) and level on wins with but a fair percentage ahead of the 12-10 9th placed Saints, St Kilda 4-7 and 6 games behind the Kangaroos at the midpoint of the season. In a season where they were so far in front so early, the Kangaroos went into September as the only finals team making up the numbers and with the 7 teams ahead of them all legitimate premiership contenders, it was unsurprising that the Adelaide Crows thrashed North Melbourne by 72 points in an Elimination Final.

And to this day, the Kangaroos have never played another final. I don't think that will happen to Geelong, but all players reach their use-by date eventually and time will catch up with the Cats.

I think the Cats early good form will count for little in the end, and that the aging Geelong team of 2024 will go a similar way to North Melbourne in 2016.

The Kangaroos won their first 9 matches of the season and were 10-1 and miles on top of the ladder at the midway point. They finished the year in 8th at 12-10, 3 games behind the 7th placed and eventual premiers the Western Bulldogs (15-7) and level on wins with but a fair percentage ahead of the 12-10 9th placed Saints, St Kilda 4-7 and 6 games behind the Kangaroos at the midpoint of the season. In a season where they were so far in front so early, the Kangaroos went into September as the only finals team making up the numbers and with the 7 teams ahead of them all legitimate premiership contenders, it was unsurprising that the Adelaide Crows thrashed North Melbourne by 72 points in an Elimination Final.

And to this day, the Kangaroos have never played another final. I don't think that will happen to Geelong, but all players reach their use-by date eventually and time will catch up with the Cats.
Time should catch up on the Cats eventually, but cap space opening up with retirements will bring strong free agent options into play. A number of players such as Rohan, Stanley, Tuohy and Bews who should retire at the end of this year aren't that important anymore. Hawkins is slowing down and Neale is getting ready to step in. 2025 and 2026 will have more significant retirements.

North Melbourne in 2016 did not have as many strong contributions from their 26yo and under contingent. Tarrant, Ziebell, Cunnington and Ben Brown were pretty good but it quickly fell off after that. Macmillan, Atley, McDonald, Mullet, McKenzie, Anderson and Wright were the rest of their 22-26yo's getting games. There weren't exciting up and comers around that 19-21yo mark either. Clarke, Wagner, Dumont and Turner played a handful of times. That was about it.

The Cats have the right Scott in place and are a better run club than North Melbourne were then. The regeneration has started. Their bargain picks are simply utilised better and/or development of said players is stronger.

Time should catch up on the Cats eventually, but cap space opening up with retirements will bring strong free agent options into play. A number of players such as Rohan, Stanley, Tuohy and Bews who should retire at the end of this year aren't that important anymore. Hawkins is slowing down and Neale is getting ready to step in. 2025 and 2026 will have more significant retirements.

North Melbourne in 2016 did not have as many strong contributions from their 26yo and under contingent. Tarrant, Ziebell, Cunnington and Ben Brown were pretty good but it quickly fell off after that. Macmillan, Atley, McDonald, Mullet, McKenzie, Anderson and Wright were the rest of their 22-26yo's getting games. There weren't exciting up and comers around that 19-21yo mark either. Clarke, Wagner, Dumont and Turner played a handful of times. That was about it.

The Cats have the right Scott in place and are a better run club than North Melbourne were then. The regeneration has started. Their bargain picks are simply utilised better and/or development of said players is stronger.
Don't feed the troll.

Either that or he's an idiot. It's one or the other.

From my end I take the p*** when I see things I think are silly. They're just words.

You recently expressed that it was having a negative effect on your mental health and are generally unhappy (rather than your "I love the bantz!" mode) so fair enough. Before that I thought you mocking and picking everything Geelong related meant you enjoyed that back and forth and the reactions. Obviously not.

Um where did you get that from? I’m all good mate don’t worry about it.

Um where did you get that from? I’m all good mate don’t worry about it.
You kept asking for truces, complaining about people mocking you, calling people sick and otherwise bad characters. Then seem to have taken on board some advice to cut down on the trolling stuff. You run a bit hot and cold when it comes to whether you enjoy the back and forth or not.

The funny thing about that North Melbourne side is how bizarre their draw was.

They were 10-1. They had one really tough game away to the team in 2nd (Sydney) and lost. They narrowly beat the team in 4th (Dogs) and the team in 8th (Adelaide in Melbourne).

Apart from that they had beaten teams in places 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.

Basically this was a mid table team that had 2 narrow wins against similar teams and 8 wins against poor teams. After 11 games they were 10-1 but their percentage was only the 6th highest in the competition. Everyone knew the win loss record was flattering to them.

Geelong might be doing that. Time will tell. We've certainly played at least a couple of poor sides. But I reckon comfortably beating Brisbane away will prove to be more impressive than any of North's wins. And unlike North we've got the highest percentage in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You kept asking for truces, complaining about people mocking you, calling people sick and otherwise bad characters. Then seem to have taken on board some advice to cut down on the trolling stuff. You run a bit hot and cold when it comes to whether you enjoy the back and forth or not.

Yeah but my mental health is fine. I don’t need your pitty thanks. Just getting tired of going over the same s**t. I thought my recent “sensible” posts would show enough that I want to move on. For some reason I don’t think you want to. You did say earlier it’s just words, right so let it go.

Jhye Clark is just setting the world on fire. Cats only won because of him. AFL clearly manipulating things to keep Geelong successful because of.....the economy?

COVID?

Chemtrails?
It's in the best interests of the Victorian Government for the Geelong Football Club to remain successful... because if the Cats were to spend extended time out of the finals.. the City of Geelong would crumble and end up like Detroit!!

Best coach in the business, only one injury in their best 30. 7 home games at GMHBA to come.

Have just beaten the flag favourites. Definitely the team to beat now.

With the most elite midfield in the league, hard to see us losing a game
lX1AnF7.png

Even if they are something like 15-0 they will lose to a team who is much hungrier as they really need the win and Geelong will rest players that could play but a rest will make them 100% the following week. The longer they go undefeated though the more certain of top 2/4 they are

It's in the best interests of the Victorian Government for the Geelong Football Club to remain successful... because if the Cats were to spend extended time out of the finals.. the City of Geelong would crumble and end up like Detroit!!
Amusing because Richmond is a junkie’s paradise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back