Geelong to go undefeated in 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude, you came 12th last year lol. You can do 'rope-a-dope'? what does that say about the 12th ranked team in the afl? lol. you crack me up.

We pushed the premiers, should've won it. and then lost to an in form Carlton who gave Brisbane a mighty scare in the prelim.

You're letting an easy early season fixture get to your head.

If anyone was weak it was Geelong in 2021 getting spanked by 60 in the biggest game of the year.
....And your clubs greatest 'era' since before the Vietnam war concluded can't even measure up to Geelongs 'Too old, Too slow' attempts between 2020-22.

I'd be pissed too. You've waited generations to win one solitary flag and you go straight back to being a joke.

It it mental weakness? Clarry being a dickhead? The coach being a homewrecker? Who knows!?!

You just have to wonder, was all the tanking and embarrassment worth it?

Dude, you came 12th last year lol. You can do 'rope-a-dope'? what does that say about the 12th ranked team in the afl? lol. you crack me up.

We pushed the premiers, should've won it. and then lost to an in form Carlton who gave Brisbane a mighty scare in the prelim.

You're letting an easy early season fixture get to your head.

If anyone was weak it was Geelong in 2021 getting spanked by 60 in the biggest game of the year.

lol what do you mean you pushed the premiers, should’ve won it. You probably could’ve if your gameplan wasn’t to just bomb the ball forward and hope for the best. We should start calling you Steven may

Logically that would just never work. But alas, you've basically acknowledged that that is why the father son should've been scrapped years ago for the sake of fairness so we can agree on that.

Perhaps, but it makes more sense than the ‘give s**t teams help because they’re s**t’ concept, to allow kids to play at the club their fathers played at provided both parties agree to it

Perhaps, but it makes more sense than the ‘give s**t teams help because they’re s**t’ concept, to allow kids to play at the club their fathers played at provided both parties agree to it
Why would players want to go to bad teams though? Most players will take big pay cuts to stay together than to go to a bad team like North. It's pretty clear that North can't attract good players.

Jezza was spewing up when he walked onto the oval? He chucked up multiple times in the warm up.
That was well noted at the time? Are we just going to ignore it?

Cats club doctors even notified the AFL prior to the game as they were worried they may have had to forfeit.

It wasn't the reason they lost but it certainly didn't help the situation against the best team that year.
lol so the whole team turned into 6 players which turned into 2 that weren't even named probably because they were fringe players plus Brad Close and Lachie Henderson. we being for real? :)

When tf did we come 12th, we won the flag lasts seaon bro, lost the prelim by a point the season before, and before that were bottom 2
you came 12th last season..

lol so the whole team turned into 6 players which turned into 2 that weren't even named probably because they were fringe players plus Brad Close and Lachie Henderson. we being for real? :)

you came 12th last season..

Are you ok? Collingwood didn’t finish 12th last season bro, I literally have a magpie as my picture.

Why would players want to go to bad teams though? Most players will take big pay cuts to stay together than to go to a bad team like North. It's pretty clear that North can't attract good players.

Why do bad teams have to make players go to them?

Is there something stopping them developing them?

The greatest team arguably since the St George Dragons won 11 titles in a row are currently smashing anyone who challenges them in the NRL without having signed anyone of any note at any point in the last 5 years. They grew them.

Why do bad teams have to make players go to them?

Is there something stopping them developing them?

The greatest team arguably since the St George Dragons won 11 titles in a row are currently smashing anyone who challenges them in the NRL without having signed anyone of any note at any point in the last 5 years. They grew them.
I guess I don't see it the same way. Melbourne went years at the bottom trying to develop players to get us up the ladder. what changed? Picking up players that were actually good in Petracca and Oliver. Guys that actually had talent. development is only a thing if they have talent to begin with.

oh
Are you ok? Collingwood didn’t finish 12th last season bro, I literally have a magpie as my picture.
lol. sorry, just been fending off cats fans for a while :)

but yeah, I think im gonna leave this here. I got booted from a Geelong thread because I didn't rate Jhye Clark. so there's no ability to talk footy here with mods being this protective.

oh

but yeah, I think im gonna leave this here. I got booted from a Geelong thread because I didn't rate Jhye Clark. so there's no ability to talk footy here with mods being this protective.

I feel you man, can be exhausting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh

They are very protective of our Geelong friends on here.

I guess I don't see it the same way. Melbourne went years at the bottom trying to develop players to get us up the ladder. what changed? Picking up players that were actually good in Petracca and Oliver. Guys that actually had talent. development is only a thing if they have talent to begin with.

But you were trying to develop them sight unseen aside from a draft combine and bringing them from outside in.

Let’s say the system as we know it was scrapped and it became a rugby league system.

the teams down the bottom would not have to hope that they could make the right call about picking some kid that was from wherever who was standing out at the national championships. They could be developing one of their own through the age groups to BE that player. Academies and pathways etc.

Of course money helps, being able to attract players helps but even the s**t teams in the nrl can attract players. The wests tigers have been a basket case for a decade and more and can still attract players FROM the Panthers. They picked up Penrith’s premiership hooker last year and they have Penrith’s three time premiership five eighth coming next year. It works both ways if you sell the club and sell what is coming.

Hell even the clubs that are laughed at for not even having juniors - my Roosters being a prime example - have set up an academy on the central coast so that they can develop their own kids.

If there was no draft I have no doubt that every club could still have every chance to compete

As a general rule, Melbourne supporters are some the best on this site IMO.

Maybe the years of pain neuter you a little bit, but very rarely are they boastful, arrogant, or delusional for mine.

Old mate Danny is doing his best to change that singlehandedly though.

as a general rule, only Geelong supporters have the conceit to pass sweeping generalisations across entire supporter bases

as a general rule, only Geelong supporters have the conceit to pass sweeping generalisations across entire supporter bases
Stop acting like deluded morons whinging about the 'CFL' and we won't have to.

It's unfortunately common for a group that's meant to be in the minority.

danster168 you have now called two Collingwood supporters in this thread Geelong supporters.

I think you're not understanding that Melbourne's blind bombing and inefficiency has been mocked by all supporters, not just the Geelong ones you have had a go at.

I feel you man, can be exhausting.
Don't play the victim. You've had flashes here and there lately of posting fairly while still making your points that throw heat on Geelong (or lately just its advantages). That'll hold you in good stead.

The whole generic trolling posts, "welcome to my trap, boys" followed by "leave me alone, I'm just a kid!" routine is always going to be made fun of.

oh

Hahaha don’t worry they have been coming at me too.

Why? Simply because I stated that Geelong have had the easiest fixture run thus far and you got triggered?

Yeah they’ve had a dream run so far. Be interesting to see how they go against a quality side like Carlton. It genuinely pains me to call Carlton a quality side too

Don't play the victim. You've had flashes here and there lately of posting fairly while still making your points that throw heat on Geelong (or lately just its advantages). That'll hold you in good stead.

The whole generic trolling posts, "welcome to my trap, boys" followed by "leave me alone, I'm just a kid!" routine is always going to be made fun of.

Or you can just realise that being civil is the best way to go and I will do the same. Let’s not wreck it.

Or you can just realise that being civil is the best way to go and I will do the same. Let’s not wreck it.
From my end I take the p*** when I see things I think are silly. They're just words.

You recently expressed that it was having a negative effect on your mental health and are generally unhappy (rather than your "I love the bantz!" mode) so fair enough. Before that I thought you mocking and picking everything Geelong related meant you enjoyed that back and forth and the reactions. Obviously not.

This is a crazy, crazy thread.

Thank god it wasn't a Geelong supporter.
6 rounds in and some clown asks “can Geelong go undefeated”.

Didn’t North win the first 10 a few years ago and just sneak into 8th?

It’s impossible to know who the contenders are until around rounds 13-15.

oh

You’re kidding yourself. You never have a reasonable discussion. You’re a clear troll with the way you post.
You wouldn’t have said “yeah I’m not sure about Jye Clark yet”.
You would have burst out with “Clark is rubbish, Geelongs young players are s**t”
Or something along those lines.

You’re a s**t stirring poster who deliberately tries to piss people off. For wherever reason I don’t know.

Post like a civil person, and you might just be able to have a reasonable discussion about our great game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back