Roast Gardner and risk of a board spill

Remove this Banner Ad

We should follow in the lead of Port and Collingwood and get a well known tv personality who is also a genuine fan of the dees to promote the club

However the only one I could find is this guy:
303000-hamish-blake.jpg

He would need a bigger caravan of courage to promote this club. ;)

I was on the plane to LAX last week sitting near D Barrett (great football writer) and asked him a few q's .. he did say something about Dees was to come out ..

And hopefully CC and CS both get their marching orders .. plus anyone else who was part of the club during that time.

I feel he doesnt like Dees much .. but hey he did fly on to NY with (Liam Pickers) so suffer to him :)

I think the AFL will come down hard on us (after this draft and we will lose first round next year) plus a fine.

but i think we will be looking for a new CEO pretty soon (woohoooo) and I think the AFL will help with the recruiting of them.

I was on the plane to LAX last week sitting near D Barrett (great football writer) and asked him a few q's .. he did say something about Dees was to come out ..

And hopefully CC and CS both get their marching orders .. plus anyone else who was part of the club during that time.

I feel he doesnt like Dees much .. but hey he did fly on to NY with (Liam Pickers) so suffer to him :)

I think the AFL will come down hard on us (after this draft and we will lose first round next year) plus a fine.

but i think we will be looking for a new CEO pretty soon (woohoooo) and I think the AFL will help with the recruiting of them.
You've got to be kidding, is one of the biggest hack journalists around..

Comrades, akin to J-Day at the G, if Flog gardner were to go anywhere near our beloved club, I suggest we would attend any such AGM as a Big Footy cohort. i would scream, yell and give Gardner the bird like I did to Tiger at Dallas Brooks Hall in 1996.

Like they did in helping us get CS to replace McNamee?

Can't believe the reactions around here to unsubstantiated allegations. One side of this has played out in the press, fueled by people with an axe to grind. Let's wait and see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like they did in helping us get CS to replace McNamee?

Can't believe the reactions around here to unsubstantiated allegations. One side of this has played out in the press, fueled by people with an axe to grind. Let's wait and see what happens.
Amen

Let's remember this is all off the back of a Carolyn Wilson article. She has a massive agenda, and that is to stay relivant. She lacks class and ability. She made a name for herself being a woman in football. Now people like Emma Quayle who have actual talent and contacts have flown past Wilson.

Even if we go down battern down the hatches for the most almighty legal stoush.

That's accurate, she basically was the first lady. It says nothing about her being the "best" though. She wouldn't be within kooee of the "best".

How can she be a first lady, when she isnt even a woman.

It will be banner time at any AGM where Flog-Gardner is seeking office at our club.

There will be four letters on the banner.

Technically there will be 3 Biff, as one is a symbol. :p

Technically there will be 3 Biff, as one is a symbol. :p

Mate, get your infamous brother to come along. There could be an "intercept job" in the foyer . . . . . .

Demonland huh.. Well, it does seem that there are a range of people who post there that have some sort of connection to the club. Cameron Schwab's posted a couple of times, and some of the admins are fairly generous donors to the club it seems.

I actually got kicked off the site for (I believe) having a perfectly reasoned crack at a poster who was allegedly a relative of one of our players. He said that Neeld shouldn't have been hired, and if anything he should've been made Director of coaching, and Craig should've been the senior coach. While I was trying to process the sheer idiocy of that statement, and point out that they were actually perfect for the roles they'd been given, he posted something else along the lines that a number of the players were upset with Neeld when he took over. Apparently, a sizeable cross section of the playing group didn't like the fact that he wasn't showing them enough 'respect' as a playing group from the outset. I thought to myself, you've got to be kidding right? If we we're Geelong with three flags behind our belt, and with a group of fiercely determined leaders at the helm, of course you'd expect that they'd be given a big say in things. It was widely believed within the AFL, that we had the worst leadership and culture in the competion, which I pointed out to this guy. You need to EARN respect before you're given responsibility. I was wrapt when Neeld took over and came in strong and determined to reshape the culture of the club.

But apparently, that hardline approach has ruffled feathers with a number of the supposedly 'connected types' at Demonland. The Neeld bashing that was going on post round 23 was utterly ridiculous and unfounded. They have an agenda, and I guess if they're donating a lot of money to the club they've got a right to have a say. It's just that having read a lot of what the mainstays have to say, I wouldn't want any of them having any input into the direction of the club. The idea that there could be a ticket behind Paul Gardner is preposterous. Someone please list below, what the man exactly achieved in his time as club President because i'd like to know.

Demonland huh.. Well, it does seem that there are a range of people who post there that have some sort of connection to the club. Cameron Schwab's posted a couple of times, and some of the admins are fairly generous donors to the club it seems.

I actually got kicked off the site for (I believe) having a perfectly reasoned crack at a poster who was allegedly a relative of one of our players. He said that Neeld shouldn't have been hired, and if anything he should've been made Director of coaching, and Craig should've been the senior coach. While I was trying to process the sheer idiocy of that statement, and point out that they were actually perfect for the roles they'd been given, he posted something else along the lines that a number of the players were upset with Neeld when he took over. Apparently, a sizeable cross section of the playing group didn't like the fact that he wasn't showing them enough 'respect' as a playing group from the outset. I thought to myself, you've got to be kidding right? If we we're Geelong with three flags behind our belt, and with a group of fiercely determined leaders at the helm, of course you'd expect that they'd be given a big say in things. It was widely believed within the AFL, that we had the worst leadership and culture in the competion, which I pointed out to this guy. You need to EARN respect before you're given responsibility. I was wrapt when Neeld took over and came in strong and determined to reshape the culture of the club.

But apparently, that hardline approach has ruffled feathers with a number of the supposedly 'connected types' at Demonland. The Neeld bashing that was going on post round 23 was utterly ridiculous and unfounded. They have an agenda, and I guess if they're donating a lot of money to the club they've got a right to have a say. It's just that having read a lot of what the mainstays have to say, I wouldn't want any of them having any input into the direction of the club. The idea that there could be a ticket behind Paul Gardner is preposterous. Someone please list below, what the man exactly achieved in his time as club President because i'd like to know.

I didn't know BigFooty posters were so hysterical.

Some Demonland posters are full of s**t, but the articles are great, and if you place the agenda brigade on ignore, the postings of guys like Big Red Fire Engine, pantaloons, Whispering Jack, Axis of Bob and Ben Hur are generally excellent and much more insightful than the mainstream media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back