Roast Gardner and risk of a board spill

Remove this Banner Ad

Various interests on 'land are positioning themselves for an assault on the current board - obviously 'land is viewed as important due to the sheer number of members who post on there.

But I view Gardner as simply being divisive and trying to seize control when the club is in dire straits, when a big part of the reasoning for it is the previous boards' mismanagement.

Ultimately, though, should the current board be punished for this too? They rightly prioritised off-field issues in 2009 due to the still-risky state of the clubs' finances, as well as the situation with Jim's health. While this single-mindedness was to the detriment of the club due to the influence it allowed Schwab to wield, it ultimately has and will continue to benefit the club in the long term. Furthermore, there are some great business minds on this board, and the board itself has a good reputation with the AFL due to their quick actions on various issues.

heck Demonland in the arse.

If they have anything to do with our board or something like that then we'll be in a worse position than what we were in 2009.

Ok so I propose we put our own board together. With blackjack and hookers :)

First point of business is to organise a Charity boxing event with our new president taking on Jeff Kennett.

Ok so I propose we put our own board together. With blackjack and hookers :)

First point of business is to organise a Charity boxing event with our new president taking on Jeff Kennett.
I nominate Donald_McRonald as Chief Marketing Officer. I'll put my hand up to write a new clubs song, too. We also need a new head of recruitment and given we've been s**t at it for years, we'll need an outsider... is Knightmare free?

I nominate Donald_McRonald as Chief Marketing Officer. I'll put my hand up to write a new clubs song, too. We also need a new head of recruitment and given we've been s**t at it for years, we'll need an outsider... is Knightmare free?
Funny you mention re-doing/re-writing the club song. I was talking to my Mrs about doing exactly that last weekend. I'll co-write with you. Your Studio or mine? :D

Funny you mention re-doing/re-writing the club song. I was talking to my Mrs about doing exactly that last weekend. I'll co-write with you. Your Studio or mine? :D
We'll do it at yours. Do you know the chord structure for Yakkety Sax or should I google it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all well and good to have a crack at the board because you don't like them, but it's no good getting a bunch of well meaning amateurs in and ending up fked in a zillion dollars debt like one of those private schools run by the parents.

Gardner can G&GF, even if this board is proven to have been involved in the dodgiest on-field behaviour around at least they got us out of a financial black hole which is more than you can say for him. Based on their interview on the radio the other day I wouldn't be surprised if Neil Mitchell wasn't tempted at a crack.

We should run a BigFooty ticket for the #lulz.

Would love to take on a role as head of recruitment. I'm not with an AFL club but would be a dream role, regardless of who it's with.

Suspect more likely than not I'd have to work my way up first though and continue to build up my profile in the drafting community before I'm looked at seriously for anything like this.

Would love to take on a role as head of recruitment. I'm not with an AFL club but would be a dream role, regardless of who it's with.

Suspect more likely than not I'd have to work my way up first though and continue to build up my profile in the drafting community before I'm looked at seriously for anything like this.

You've been more spot on than Barry Prendergast over the years, put that on your resume

Nothing, officially. Though there are a couple of posters who are suspected to have been involved with the Gardner administration.
Yep, and i'd say 90-95% of posters' on DL are very anti-Gardner and would rather have the current board remain in control, than the previous lot. Not really saying much, but is the lesser of 2 evils.

Yep, and i'd say 90-95% of posters' on DL are very anti-Gardner and would rather have the current board remain in control, than the previous lot. Not really saying much, but is the lesser of 2 evils.
I think the important thing to remember about 'land is that it is almost certainly the largest unofficial collection of MFC members. When you expand that to the partners, kids and family members of the posters on 'land, it becomes important for a prospective spill when you consider the probable relatively low voting turnout. Anyone working on trying to change the board would be silly to ignore 'land.

I think the important thing to remember about 'land is that it is almost certainly the largest unofficial collection of MFC members. When you expand that to the partners, kids and family members of the posters on 'land, it becomes important for a prospective spill when you consider the probable relatively low voting turnout. Anyone working on trying to change the board would be silly to ignore 'land.

Hell I know Schwab has posted there a couple of times.

Wasn't it Gardner not long ago said we were tanking and now flogs want to make him President. :confused:

Heres and idea, lets not get Gardner or anyone else who wants to promote their own agendas on the board. We can start with getting an administration that only focuses on administrating, A football department that only focusses on football and everyone else playing the role they are assigned to, nothing else.

Wasn't it Gardner not long ago said we were tanking and now flogs want to make him President. :confused:

Heres and idea, lets not get Gardner or anyone else who wants to promote their own agendas on the board. We can start with getting an administration that only focuses on administrating, A football department that only focusses on football and everyone else playing the role they are assigned to, nothing else.

We should follow in the lead of Port and Collingwood and get a well known tv personality who is also a genuine fan of the dees to promote the club

However the only one I could find is this guy:
303000-hamish-blake.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back