Fixture Fixture Change - Playing Sydney in Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realize you’re insisting you’re not trying to make everyone jump through hoops and immediately following that with an intricate series of hoops?

Would it? Because we don’t play Sydney again. So then you’ve got to take a home game off someone else to give Sydney an extra one. And then find that team an extra home game, and so on. And do we lose a home game later on in the season in this scenario?

Hoops.

Great. What’s the relevance of that?

I’d have thought we’d want to avoid using 2020 as a basis for how to do things.

Not sure what the Giants losing a game at Giant Stadium has to do with the ACT Govt. Maybe the ACT . But why would the Swans agree to that? They’re the home team. They’re in Victoria. They want to play in Victoria.

And, wow, what do you know, there’s a regular AFL ground in Victoria that’s available.

Oh wait, it’s more than 20 minutes from the major airport. Never mind. Let’s see if the NT will agree to host the game in Darwin at the last minute. That’s another option that should absolutely be explored first before we make our players <gasp> take a bus ride.
From tle airponrt to gee;ong on the ring road is pretty quick. - probably only 30 min more than to the city CBD given traffic in close to the CBD. Wouldnt they fly the day before and stay in a geelong hotel?

From tle airponrt to gee;ong on the ring road is pretty quick. - probably only 30 min more than to the city CBD given traffic in close to the CBD. Wouldnt they fly the day before and stay in a geelong hotel?

I’ve driven it multiple times and taken about 60 mins, Google maps which I find always overestimates by a bit tells me it’s 65 mins, but apparently nah it’s 90 :rolleyes:

I think they do usually stay in Geelong for Geelong games. And they usually fly two days beforehand, so they’d fly to Tulla on the Friday, drive down to Geelong (however long that takes) and stay there Friday and Saturday night, then back up the highway to the airport after the game to fly back Sunday evening.

Completely unacceptable though. Have we looked into Bellerieve Oval as an option?

You do realize you’re insisting you’re not trying to make everyone jump through hoops and immediately following that with an intricate series of hoops?

Would it? Because we don’t play Sydney again. So then you’ve got to take a home game off someone else to give Sydney an extra one. And then find that team an extra home game, and so on. And do we lose a home game later on in the season in this scenario?

Hoops.

Great. What’s the relevance of that?

I’d have thought we’d want to avoid using 2020 as a basis for how to do things.

Not sure what the Giants losing a game at Giant Stadium has to do with the ACT Govt. Maybe the ACT . But why would the Swans agree to that? They’re the home team. They’re in Victoria. They want to play in Victoria.

And, wow, what do you know, there’s a regular AFL ground in Victoria that’s available.

Oh wait, it’s more than 20 minutes from the major airport. Never mind. Let’s see if the NT will agree to host the game in Darwin at the last minute. That’s another option that should absolutely be explored first before we make our players <gasp> take a bus ride.
I feel sorry for you. You are pretty clueless. I have interviewed thousands of professional athletes from all over the world and given the option of
A) Not taking a 90-minute bus ride to their chosen event on the day or
B) Taking a 90-minute bus ride to their chosen event on the day
I know what they would choose every time.
If you love the Swans that much and want to argue their case go and join their board. I am sure they are dying to have an obnoxious lawyer (if you really are one) arguing pointlessly.
Finally, we live in a democracy, and I can argue any point I want to.
Rather than criticise the AFL for completing the season in 2020 with crowds in a lot of cases, you should be grateful.

I feel sorry for you. You are pretty clueless. I have interviewed thousands of professional athletes from all over the world and given the option of
If you love the Swans that much and want to argue their case go and join their board. I am sure they are dying to have an obnoxious lawyer (if you really are one) arguing pointlessly.
Rather than criticise the AFL for completing the season in 2020 with crowds in a lot of cases, you should be grateful.
In what capacity do you interview thousands of athletes?

Won’t be on the day. We never fly the same day. Almost always two days before. Why is a lengthy bus ride a day or two before a game such a sticking point?

I am not sure why you are making this a personal issue but that says more about you than me.

We certainly do, and you certainly can. And I can attack any argument I want to if it makes zero sense. Isn’t democracy great?

I wasn’t being critical of the AFL, they did an amazing job getting the 2020 season away. But we don’t want to repeat it any more than necessary. And I still don’t know why you even raised Brisbane and Gold Coast’s 2020 fixtures.

Won’t be on the day. We never fly the same day. Almost always two days before. Why is a lengthy bus ride a day or two before a game such a sticking point?

I am not sure why you are making this a personal issue but that says more about you than me.

We certainly do, and you certainly can. And I can attack any argument I want to if it makes zero sense. Isn’t democracy great?

I wasn’t being critical of the AFL, they did an amazing job getting the 2020 season away. But we don’t want to repeat it any more than necessary. And I still don’t know why you even raised Brisbane and Gold Coast’s 2020 fixtures.
I interview thousands of professional lawyers and they dont know why you are making this a personal issue but that says more about you than me

As an obnoxious lawyer I find a pros and cons list often helps.

Pros of playing at Kardinia Park
Nominated by home team
Located in State home team is currently situated in
Regular AFL venue
Available Saturday or Sunday

Cons
AARGH LONG BUS RIDE ZOMG!!!!!

Is that about the sum of it?

Nominated by home team
Regular AFL venue

Cons

As a con id add its an ice skating rink

had a kick to kick with a mate after a game and fell on my arse first kick - its like the moss on river stones

Of course that will affect both teams….

only part that annoys me is the double standard set last year when the afl knocked back north from hosting us at optus because it would advantage us too much. i'm all for the "home" side choosing the ground at which the game is played but if they value a crowd and a cash injection over disadvantaging the opposition as much as possible that should be ok too.

Nah, it's a pretty shoddy stadium. I went to the first ever WAFL game there. Was totally packed (had an extra 2k over capacity which is why they shut the gates). Pretty old stadium.

WAFL at princess park? That’s a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nominated by home team
Regular AFL venue

Cons

Soft weagles supporters.
Sam K told a story about the bus ride to Geelong.

One day he opted to drive down with Barry Cable to avoid the terror. As it turned out it was a good move as the bus broke down and the two of the had to start alone. Luckly Sam was able to win the ruck contests and with Barry's brilliance they built a reasonable lead. So much so that with 10 min to go Sam left it to Barry and told him to meet in the pub after the game.

When Barry showed up Sam asked how much they won by. Barry looked down and said, sorry we went down by 11 points.

Sam asked, what the hell happened:

Barry replied, the f***ing bus arrived.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't been to a game this year. Victorian member. Where do I find my 12 digit barcode???

You should have received an email yesterday. It will have your barcode on it. I just used it to secure tickets

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You should have received an email yesterday. It will have your barcode on it. I just used it to secure tickets

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah thanks I got it, couple of tickets and only $20 to add a ticket for a mate. I found it really odd tho, why doesn't the eagles app give us a virtual membership card? Or something. Seems clear as mud. Maybe it's just me haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back