Fixture WCE Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing this if right the Eagles and Dockers want an extra home game in WA each year since there won’t get access to Gather Road .
We’ll being a North supporter and since we are about lose $2 million $$$$ a season when Tasmania come into the AFL I would be Happy for club to play both WA clubs in Perth as Double headers over 2 weeks .
So if both clubs are willing to hand over $1.5 million each we could reach some sort of deal
Drawing a club like North to forfeit Home games in Victoria to play in Perth maybe your best chance as I highly doubt no other Victorian teams will be up to doing this.

Hearing this if right the Eagles and Dockers want an extra home game in WA each year since there won’t get access to Gather Road .
We’ll being a North supporter and since we are about lose $2 million $$$$ a season when Tasmania come into the AFL I would be Happy for club to play both WA clubs in Perth as Double headers over 2 weeks .
So if both clubs are willing to hand over $1.5 million each we could reach some sort of deal
Drawing a club like North to forfeit Home games in Victoria to play in Perth maybe your best chance as I highly doubt no other Victorian teams will be up to doing this.
Mate if your mob are at the stage of selling home games for cash, you are in DEEP sh*t.

Well mate we are on and off the field plus doesn’t help when our so called supporters don’t turn up for games.
And that's just one of the problems North and St Kilda and even the Dogs have got.

A small supporter base that doesn't turn up and (even worse for the long term health of the club) a lack of big spending sponsors means that those clubs can only be semi-competitive with handouts. For years North has relied on the AFL for 'equalization' and as you point out, the loss of Tassie money is another huge loss. Difficult to see where replacement cash comes from except the AFL. Maybe they'll call it some sort of Tassie compensation thing?

There was a time Melbourne sold home games to the Lions at the Gabba. 05-07 or thereabouts. No reason it shouldn't happen more if teams are that desperate for cash.

Here's a clip from one of them.

Id be down.

AFL would never allow it.

They will prop up or help vic minnows or northern state teams and allow all sorts of dodgy deals, but west of the vic border is where it stops. SA and WA teams will never be able to ‘buy’ advantage (home games, travel equalisation, etc)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

looking at the rest of the year, we’re a chance of getting 6 wins which is a lot better than I thought we would get at the start of the season.
If we can keep the team relatively healthy and with the way we're playing at the moment, if we only win 4 more games from here then we've failed big time. Should be aiming for 8 - 10. Double ups against the Suns, Bombers, Saints and North, another game against Freo, Adelaide and Hawthorn are all games we should go into with a fair chance, and we managed to beat the Giants and Dogs last year so upsets against stronger teams aren't completely off the cards either if we can maintain.

So frustrating every year we never get a home fixture for ANZAC day/weekend

Fremantle put together their Len Hall game from the get go and do it very well

They deserve to have it each year and in all honesty it should be on Anzac Day each year as the follow on game from Essendon v Collingwood

They deserve to have it each year and in all honesty it should be on Anzac Day each year as the follow on game from Essendon v Collingwood
Why??? because they do a good job ? I am sure we as a club and do it just as good as well.

Why can't Eagles players/supporters/members not get the chance to experience an ANZAC day/weekend game at home ??

Why not share it every other year with freo?....they have it this year we have it next and so on

Something Pyke needs to look into IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would do better than that at a WCE game if given full gate receipts for all tickets and you pay for the ground. WCE get the home game, still get the food, bev, merch and corporate sales.

WCE get a home game and 500k - 1mill, you get 2.5mill from 50k gate receipts minus cost of ground for the week.

Why??? because they do a good job ? I am sure we as a club and do it just as good as well.

Why can't Eagles players/supporters/members not get the chance to experience an ANZAC day/weekend game at home ??

Why not share it every other year with freo?....they have it this year we have it next and so on

Something Pyke needs to look into IMO

Or we could pick a different day on the calendar, rather than try to piggyback on something another club’s already built.

I dunno. I kind of like the idea of an ANZAC day game in Canberra

We had good Friday for a few years against Port but bottled a few games and they've taken it off us.

Played a Good Friday game against Port in 2019 (lost by 42) and Sydney in 2022 (lost by 63)

Probably for the best we don’t get another one

We had good Friday for a few years against Port but bottled a few games and they've taken it off us.

I think we could do something with WA Day, as long as it didn’t clash with the two traditional local derbies. Maybe the Sunday night before the public holiday?

I just checked the fixture and realised we don't play Carlton or Geelong until the last two weeks of the season! How does that even happen?

Look its complicated.

Maybe not as complicated as the draft and MRP findings..........but complicated.

Its why we need so many highly intelligent, dedicated and highly paid executives and middle managers at AFL House. ;) :$

Eagles and North proposed this 10 years ago.

The AFL said no as it would be unfair on the rest of the competition.

Eddie came up with a better idea. Two non WA clubs fly over, play one WA team one week and 6 days later play the other side.

Then the WA sides each seperately play two games away with a 6 day break and stay interstate for six days.

That would reduce interstate travel for all involved, including non WA clubs. Eddie was pumping up AFL tourism as fans could visit Perth or Melbourne for 6 days and watch two games. Very smart concept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back