Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

There is also a PSN server reset/store refresh every day around 7pm'ish AEST so it might even be then. I think because that's around the open of trade in GMT/BST and just after midnight PDT which are really common reset times for a lot of live service games. Hard to predict because it's not a new game release nor is it a patch (well PS4 version is still getting a patch).

There is also a PSN server reset/store refresh every day around 7pm'ish AEST so it might even be then. I think because that's around the open of trade in GMT/BST and just after midnight PDT which are really common reset times for a lot of live service games. Hard to predict because it's not a new game release nor is it a patch (well PS4 version is still getting a patch).
I just hope the upgrade doesn’t bug out and show a price tomorrow. Some next gen upgrades have, so if anyone sees that just wait it out to get fixed.

I just hope the upgrade doesn’t bug out and show a price tomorrow. Some next gen upgrades have, so if anyone sees that just wait it out to get fixed.

I'm hoping the current state of the DLCs don't bust my save transfer. I have been playing without Automatron and Wasteland Workshop as they already have known issues, but one of the others are still causing issues like busted textures. The default texture they must use is a pinky purple. Currently lots of DLC settlement workshop items have this purple texture and I can't even build with barn walls. I looted a legendary ghoul the other day and picked up a purple shotgun. Bethesda has said that they are trying not to break the game (lol) and the update to be friendly with saves using popular Creation Club mods so I'm confident my current save will transfer (using no mods), but my only concern is any fixes to busted DLC causes issues with my current save.

Also wtf Preston

Apparently servers for mods and CC content are going down for maintenance at 10am UTC which is 8pm AEST. So maybe there is something in that too.

I can't remember the last time we had such forensic work predicting a game's update lol.

Apparently servers for mods and CC content are going down for maintenance at 10am UTC which is 8pm AEST. So maybe there is something in that too.

I can't remember the last time we had such forensic work predicting a game's update lol.
Same lol.
I'm just gonna wait and download everything again together. Then start fresh

Since I had previously purchased it I couldn't check if the PS+ version was a separate entry on the store. If it is then technically it's a different game. This has been the case with a number of games before and why a few people I know grabbed it for $6 or whatever it was on sale for before today.

I'm laying in bed so only checked the app, but even though I already had the GOTY edition I had to go to the standard edition

Screenshot_20240426_003450_PS App.jpg

From there it showed the PS5 version that I could just click Add to Library. Now I have two separate entries and tomorrow night I'll download the PS5 version and cross my fingers my save transfers as easily as it did for Skyrim.

Screenshot_20240426_003625_PS App.jpg

It also recognised the DLC and automatically displays them as "free" when previously under the PS4 store page it would say "Purchased"

Screenshot_20240426_003520_PS App.jpg

And curiously from the Fallout 4 PS4 page it's now showing the Automatron DLC as "unavailable"? It's still showing as part of the GOTY collection but this was the DLC that was so busted it prevented launching the game on PS if it was installed. The PS4 version is also receiving a general patch so I wonder if it has been fixed or if Automatron is being completely removed?

Screenshot_20240426_003647_PS App.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PC version appears to be f**ked for me, it either freezes straight away, or it gets to the menu and you can't do anything.

EDIT: Having the gamepad enabled seems to screw things up
1714065361480.png

Last edited:
The PS+ version has completely disappeared for me, only showing an option to purchase for $25. All the DLC is saying Free, lol.

I've got the disc version somewhere, will just upgrade from there. Of course this is buggy lol.

Is your disc version a GOTY copy or something? Because once DLC has been verified once regardless if it was digital or physical it will always be unlocked on your account.

You've probably worked it out already but as long as you have the disc in that purchase button should also change to download. There are multiple F4 entries on the PS store though - standard, GOTY, the bundle that includes Skyrim and I think the Plus version is separate too. From the app I actually had to go to the standard version to upgrade despite owning the GOTY digital version.

Still not showing for me on PS5 app, just the PS4 version.

Have you gone into the standard version and seen if there is anything? I went into this one and had an "add to library" option. As in the PS5 version didn't appear, I had to go into the standard edition and actually add the PS5 version to library first. Also if you have it on disc obviously make sure the disc is inserted.

Screenshot_20240426_003450_PS App.jpg

Have you gone into the standard version and seen if there is anything? I went into this one and had an "add to library" option. As in the PS5 version didn't appear, I had to go into the standard edition and actually add the PS5 version to library first. Also if you have it on disc obviously make sure the disc is inserted.

View attachment 1971226

Yeah shows that but I only now own the game from PS+ and the PS5 update doesn't show for that. Surely I don't need to re-buy the game?

Yeah shows that but I only now own the game from PS+ and the PS5 update doesn't show for that. Surely I don't need to re-buy the game?

Yep unfortunately I don't think the Plus version can be upgraded. It happened to me as well when Cities Skylines remastered came out, despite dropping heaps of cash on DLC over the years my base game was still Plus so I had to purchase it. This has been the case for most upgrades as Plus is a separate license from the retail version. This is why lots of people took advantage of the recent sale expecting this to be the case again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back