TV/Film Fallout TV Show (Please use SPOILER tags)

TV shows and films that were games but are also TV shows or films now.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's weird. I don't recall having any problems keeping up. What specifically?

I'm notoriously dumb when it comes to keeping up with TV shows and movies but the whole backstory with Coop and his wife, the Vault 4 stuff with the human experiments, Hawthorne, the Vault 31 mystery, Vault Tech, who the * is Maldova and why does her name keep popping up, how did the Ghoul find the brothers that knew her whereabouts, wtf is the NCR? I played the games and I don't remember, the Shady Sands bomb etc. I guess I need to keep watching and stuff will be revealed. There's just a bit too much going on when episodes 1-5 were extremely simple.

I'm notoriously dumb when it comes to keeping up with TV shows and movies but the whole backstory with Coop and his wife, the Vault 4 stuff with the human experiments, Hawthorne, the Vault 31 mystery, Vault Tech, who the * is Maldova and why does her name keep popping up, how did the Ghoul find the brothers that knew her whereabouts, wtf is the NCR? I played the games and I don't remember, the Shady Sands bomb etc. I guess I need to keep watching and stuff will be revealed. There's just a bit too much going on when episodes 1-5 were extremely simple.

Purely show contained answers up until episode 6:
Moldaver has been in it since the start, she led the raiders/fake Vault 32 people at the start. She was also a resident of Shady Sands which was a thriving settlement in the ruins of LA. The NCR are the New Californian Republic. There is a sign shown briefly that says something like "Welcome to Shady Sands, the first capital of the NCR". Benjamin, the overseer of Vault 4 says they took in refugees from Shady Sands, hence the NCR flag in the classroom. Maximus is a survivor of Shady Sands himself. That's where he is shown as a kid hiding in the refrigerator and saved by the Brotherhood.

Game reference:
Shady Sands appears in FO 1 and 2 and is an NCR settlement in 2. In New Vegas, set in 2282 Shady Sands is the NCR capital, but the show references Shady Sands being nuked (or at least in decline) in 2277. This is where there are timeline issues at the moment that I want to expand on when more people have watched it.

Edit: found image of said sign. Also edit: fixed confusing wording in the game reference part. I'm sure someone else has a better explanation.
images - 2024-04-17T124112.920.jpeg

Last edited:
We have some confirmation from God Howard about the ending and questions surrounding a certain town and how that implicates New Vegas.

Mix of show ending spoilers and theories on the direction of the games

Howard has declared that New Vegas is canon and the bombing of Shady Sands happens directly after the game, so early 2280s. Apparently the blackboard in Vault 4 with 2277 is the date that Shady Sands started to decline.

Since Bethesda took over the series they have stuck to the east coast while anything west coast was left with Black Isle/Obsidian. Nolan has said before that Todd would make sure he didn't use anything from Fallout 5. IMO the only reason Todd would say that, as well as move the location of Shady Sands from Death Valley to LA would be because that's where the next game is taking place.

Imagine if the show development moves in standard Bethesda years 😆

Standard 7-8 month filming for these type of shows will be around 29 months and the 3-4 month post-production stuff will stretch out to about 14 months. Oh, don’t forget about the monster meeting sessions to decide when to air the show. Maybe in around 3 years to drop alongside Fallout 5. So we should see Season 2 in 2030-ish.

Imagine if the show development moves in standard Bethesda years 😆

Well, if there's still streaming following the actual nuclear apocalypse we might get to see it then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*, what a show. Loved it.
I have seen lots of people freaking out over the finale and how it's 'wiped New Vegas from canon'. It's bizarre, IMO the final episode gave so many indications New Vegas was alive, real and we are in for a hell of a ride in season two.

The House always wins!

*, what a show. Loved it.
I have seen lots of people freaking out over the finale and how it's 'wiped New Vegas from canon'. It's bizarre, IMO the final episode gave so many indications New Vegas was alive, real and we are in for a hell of a ride in season two.

The House always wins!
Todd has even confirmed since that New Vegas is canon which hopefully shuts those people up. The bombing of Shady Sands however happens immediately after the events of NV so everything still fits. The only meaningful change is moving the location of Shady Sands but as it's just a hole in the ground now I guess it doesn't even matter anymore. Unless it's because cough*Fallout 5*cough.

Cool details I didn't pick up on and just read about. It's regarding Fallout 4 and something from I think the first episode

Nerds have zoomed in on the BoS ship and it's the Predwyn. That's difficult because the Railroad and Institute endings see the Predwyn destroyed. In the show they are also noted as "reinforcements from the Commonwealth", and apparently the T-60 armour they are wearing isn't usually worn by the BoS chapters in the west. One of the trainees even asked the knight what model of armour it was.

This is as high praise as it gets from the man himself.

I only disagree with one thing he said. Tim says that if you haven't played the games you might have trouble understanding some things. I have found this is the case in pretty much any other adaption I've watched and found myself explaining some things to wife as she tries to understand. Fallout was completely different though. She understood absolutely everything even without lengthy exposition and only asked me to expand on a few things like why in the future they have 50s culture.

This was the show I had the lowest expectations of but it turned out to be my favourite adaptation yet.

I have only played the original and maybe a few hours of New Vegas? Another one too maybe?

Oh and the mobile game I clocked 1 million caps - actually found a bug that gave me like and extra 100k - I must have posted it in here at some point.

Which was everybodies favourite Fallout game?

I personally think Fallout 3 is top 10 of all time. Was waiting for Three Dog to pop up with Galaxy News Radio. Hopefully next season.

I personally think Fallout 3 is top 10 of all time. Was waiting for Three Dog to pop up with Galaxy News Radio. Hopefully next season.

I was trying to rank them by my own preferences over the weekend and defaulted 3 at number one but the more I thought about it the more I questioned it. I think I'd go NV for the first person games as while the game itself was more linear, it had all the features of 3 but upgraded. Of the isometric games probably 1 over 2. The intro of 2 is long and dull before it opens up and gets good. But then again from there it also does everything 1 does but better 🤔

That's hard.

Really enjoyed F1 on going back, but I've poured waaaaay more hours into and gotten more mileage out of F4, but they're such different games and gameplay is so different.

I played F4 as a Bethesda action-exploration sim, because if you played it like an RPG you're going to get disappointed. F1 is an isometric RPG, and can only be played as an isometric RPG; it's not one and done, but there's only so much content.

I like fixing up the house and the garden in F4 while being followed everywhere by Dogmeat. Nice way to escape reality of having endless minor projects to complete at home while being followed everywhere by a large dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back