TV/Film Fallout TV Show (Please use SPOILER tags)

TV shows and films that were games but are also TV shows or films now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wife was reluctant at first but I talked her into watching just one and that turned into three because she got right into it too. I just gave her a brief explanation of the history of the world and the show actually does a good job of explaining the rest.

So many of the game accurate props aren't necessary but it's such a nice touch. The only problem with starting to watch it with the wife means I now have to wait for her to watch again.
Yeah had to explain the brotherhood of Steal to my wife. The flick across to them confused her

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Yeah Mrs was a big fan too. Even though she's had minimal idea of the world with me playing in the background.

Can see this popularity of the show exploding.

Watched the first 2 eps last night, am loving it. They've really nailed the aesthetic. This may be the best game to movie/show adaptation I've seen so far (though I haven't seen TLOU, admittedly).

Just finished. That ending shot 🤯😮

So good. I've seen some complaints about some things not being accurate to the lore to the nth degree (and some dates of events that seem to be a bit off or out of order) but I think for the most part it was pretty good. Easily my favourite video adaption to date.

Some random thoughts

Unfortunately we didn't get to see any super mutants or deathclaws (besides the skull at the end).

Was Filly modelled on Megaton?

Matt Berry is a perfect match for Mr Handy.

Genuinely lol'd at Bud the brain. Despite it being pulled off FO4 I really didn't see the "twist" about vault 31 being prewar cryogenics.

Cooper was the star. It looks like he'll spend season 2 travelling with Lucy and that shot of them walking off together he gave me real Mysterious Stranger vibes.

New Vegas season 2? Show date is 15 years after the events we played in New Vegas so it might be tricky as a canon for the game would need to be established.

Documents produced for the Microsoft purchase thing showed a Fallout 3 remaster. This might be just wishful thinking but maybe this is a hint at a NV remaster too?

Just finished. That ending shot 🤯😮

So good. I've seen some complaints about some things not being accurate to the lore to the nth degree (and some dates of events that seem to be a bit off or out of order) but I think for the most part it was pretty good. Easily my favourite video adaption to date.

Some random thoughts

Unfortunately we didn't get to see any super mutants or deathclaws (besides the skull at the end).

Was Filly modelled on Megaton?

Matt Berry is a perfect match for Mr Handy.

Genuinely lol'd at Bud the brain. Despite it being pulled off FO4 I really didn't see the "twist" about vault 31 being prewar cryogenics.

Cooper was the star. It looks like he'll spend season 2 travelling with Lucy and that shot of them walking off together he gave me real Mysterious Stranger vibes.

New Vegas season 2? Show date is 15 years after the events we played in New Vegas so it might be tricky as a canon for the game would need to be established.

Documents produced for the Microsoft purchase thing showed a Fallout 3 remaster. This might be just wishful thinking but maybe this is a hint at a NV remaster too?
there was a very brief glimpse of a super mutant in episode 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched 3 & 4 last night. Will try for a couple more on Friday, but I'm flat out next weekend with live music. Still rating this incredibly highly, utterly superb.

I also like they seem to be getting a bit deeper into Vault-Tec's shenanigans, which were more hinted at in the games. There's a lot of room for a conspiracy thriller here, too.

Watched the first episode late last night. I enjoyed it, they really got the whole Vault look nailed.
32 and 33 being neighbouring vaults was a bit of a departure from the lone nature of them in the games - is Vault-Tec running their usual experiments on the captive populations?

Loved the look of the T-60 Power Armour!

So we create the TV/Film prefix to take the show talk out of game threads, but now I want to talk and speculate about season 2, the next Fallout game and the ramifications the tweaks in the show's timeline has on certain parts of what is established canon in the show thread lol. Lore/rumour thread?

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

So we create the TV/Film prefix to take the show talk out of game threads, but now I want to talk and speculate about season 2, the next Fallout game and the ramifications the tweaks in the show's timeline has on certain parts of what is established canon in the show thread lol. Lore/rumour thread?

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Got one game to finish over the next day and then I will watch Fallout. It sounds like a good one. Can’t wait.

Episode 6 and 7 confusing the s**t out of me. Too much s**t going on/timelines/stories to keep track of. Keep needing to read recaps online. Hate it when TV shows get too hard to follow.

Before that was all smooth sailing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back