Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep unfortunately I don't think the Plus version can be upgraded. It happened to me as well when Cities Skylines remastered came out, despite dropping heaps of cash on DLC over the years my base game was still Plus so I had to purchase it. This has been the case for most upgrades as Plus is a separate license from the retail version. This is why lots of people took advantage of the recent sale expecting this to be the case again.

Will just grab it on gamepass.

Is your disc version a GOTY copy or something? Because once DLC has been verified once regardless if it was digital or physical it will always be unlocked on your account.

You've probably worked it out already but as long as you have the disc in that purchase button should also change to download. There are multiple F4 entries on the PS store though - standard, GOTY, the bundle that includes Skyrim and I think the Plus version is separate too. From the app I actually had to go to the standard version to upgrade despite owning the GOTY digital version.
From memory I bought the base version. But maybe I had purchased the season pass or whatever for all the DLC. Was a lifetime ago lol

Yep unfortunately I don't think the Plus version can be upgraded. It happened to me as well when Cities Skylines remastered came out, despite dropping heaps of cash on DLC over the years my base game was still Plus so I had to purchase it. This has been the case for most upgrades as Plus is a separate license from the retail version. This is why lots of people took advantage of the recent sale expecting this to be the case again.
Is it still $6?

Anyone on console tested downtown Boston yet to test if it's still a stuttering mess and prone to crashing?

I noticed on PC there is still a 60 fps cap? I assumed maybe it was just a delta time calculation that they finally included in their engine's math library for Starfield, but the fact that they still can't add this into Fallout 4 means it must be even further hardcoded into the physics engine than we thought.

Most of the PC updates were backend and technical things like adding ultrawide support. The graphic update for consoles was to bring it more in line with the PC version.

However it sounds like the UI is still stretched on ultrawide like when you use a hex editor to enable ultrawide (probably all they've done lol) so will still require a mod, and weapon debris is still crashing RTX cards (RIP my 4080 then).

Bethesda gonna Bethesda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downloading on game pass, does it definitely have next gen update?

Game Pass yes. PS Plus actually may be available on Extra soon.

According to this Bethesda are working with Sony to hopefully sort it out. It isn't uncommon for Plus licences not to be eligible for upgrades but the way I read this is Bethesda assumed it would be available for Plus Extra subscribers.

OK stupid question then
View attachment 1971554
It's saying PS4 here. Downloaded everything.
Go into the game and the promo for the updates is in the top right..

So have I got the ps4 or ps5 version?
View attachment 1971556

Now that I'm home and back in my console I actually came to say that all the licensing looks generally stuffed up. I bought the GOTY edition years ago but when I go to that version it asks for payment. All the DLC is unlocked though so I'm not fussed.

If you go through the store and hit the Fallout shortcut it only takes you to the PS4 store page with no PS5 option. You can see it only has a PS4 icon too.

20240426_175237.jpg

However if you go to search from the top toolbar and look for Fallout there (for me it was the first option) it has PS5/PS4 icon

20240426_175256.jpg

That took me to a different store page that said download (but had no PS5 icon) and that commenced the download of the PS5 version

20240426_175310.jpg

So in my download queue and dashboard I have two separate Fallouts.

20240426_175330.jpg
20240426_175403.jpg

Last edited:
Much easier than my long work around then lol. I'll leave it up in the case it helps someone else. The licenses are definitely a bit screwy at the moment though.
It wouldn't be a Fallout without a buggy release now would it 😅 Cheers for the reply 👍

And now I have a ps4 and a ps5 version downloaded. To scared to touch so I'll just keep them both lol

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back