F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not buying it. There are 11 races before the summer break, he incurred a 40-second pit stop in Bahrain and his deleted lap would have put him into Q2.
DR was at fault for the deleted lap so you can't use that as an excuse. It actually makes it worse because Yuki throughly beat him all weekend, including practices, qualifying and race.

Thoughts on DR's race? Started 18th, finished 12th. Helped by the retirements of Verstappen, Hamilton & Russell, all of whom were ahead of him. Also helped by the Saubers needing to spend 30 minutes every time they pit, due to cross-threading wheel nuts.

I'd argue that his race day was considerably better than qualifying. May have finished higher if qualifying hadn't been such a disaster. Still not good enough though.

He made one on track pass, on the Alpine of Gasly. aka the slowest car on the grid.

He Bradburyed his way to a 'respectable' P12 but unpacking it, it wasn't a good drive, it was just a drive.

His teammate on the other hand..

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they move on from DR quickly.

It's becoming increasingly apparent he won't be moving into the second RB seat, therefore he really has no business being in that team. Especially with LL in the wings.
Amazing how quickly things changed.
This is a terrible move on FOM's behalf..... :(

Thats such BS

Sadly, I think DR is done. He’d need to improve drastically in the next race to stay the full year I feel.
I think summer break is more likely if at all.

The only way this really gets accelerated is if Horner ends up leaving, which admittedly is looking less and less likely.

I believe Horner is the biggest reason that 1) DR is back at RB in the first place and 2) will last longer than the previous underperforming Alpha Toro Cash App drivers historically have.

I didn't watch this race, wrong timezone for me.

Sounds like it was boring AF, even without Max cruising to victory.

F1 in its current form is a borefest on track.

Thank god for the shenanigans off the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like nearly every car is getting upgrades by Imola except the French tractor. I thought in testing they had a tricky chassis but if they figured it out the sweet spot there might be some hidden potential there. But I was wrong and it seems like not even Alpine know what they've done.

I'm forwarning everyone here that I will mercilessly troll all of you when Ricciardo turns form/results around. I will point out all your mediocre opinions.

Would love as much as anyone else to be wrong. But aside from Mexico last year, I can't see a single time since Monza where I've thought "Damn Danny Ricc has still got it".

I was excited by the chance that Ricc could end up in a Red Bull and potentially win a race later this season or atleast podium. If he was dropped into a Red Bull right now he'd podium a few times I've no doubt. But so would any driver on the grid most likely. Sadly it's not happening now. Hopeful that we can turn it around and stay in F1 somewhere but doesn't look likely now either. I'm coming to terms with it and if it means we can get some new talent into F1 then so be it.

Aston Martin have offered Adrian Newey a gargantuan offer apparently. Don't know what gargantuan is but big news

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Aston Martin have offered Adrian Newey a gargantuan offer apparently. Don't know what gargantuan is but big news

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
prob the 4th team this year to do so.

There is a procession of Team Principles and bags of $$ that roll in and out of his office each year.

Best of the best.

I wonder if he'd consider going somewhere else. Someone that brilliant at what he does would surely be interested in a different challenge at some stage. Would be cool if he went to Williams and along with Vowles returned them to the top! They just need to be willing to spend the money

Apparently Vettel has confirmed he has had talks with Toto about the vacant Merc seat. There are rumours some at Red Bull want Alonso. How great would it be if Merc sorted their s**t out and you have Max, Hamilton, Vettel, and Alonso all fighting at the front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back