D3 Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no doubt. I know NB do rely on their top few maybe more than most sides. Don't have the depth of Parkside or Emmaus.

Wouldn't be too worried about Richmond, 2 close losses v Parkside and a better looking Hawthorn side. Expect them to bounce back this weekend

One of those games was there for the taking but just didn't utilise the ball enough, skills seem a lot better than a few rounds back and the players are now putting the coaches formation to better use.

Rd 7

Emmaus
Richmond
Parkside
Westbourne

Over The Post

Richmond v Nth Brunswick
Parkside v Hawthorn - interesting that Div 3 and Div 4 both have top 2 playing each other. Hopefully both have live scores running.
Westbourne v Albert Park
Canterbury v Emmaus

Ventured over the freeway to watch the first half of Parkside and Hawthorn today. Very hot game of footy, Hawks pressure was as good as I’ve seen in Div 3. Both sides have some class players that would be comfortable in much higher grades than this. Didn’t stick around for the second half but looks like it was a bit more even from the scores.

Ventured over the freeway to watch the first half of Parkside and Hawthorn today. Very hot game of footy, Hawks pressure was as good as I’ve seen in Div 3. Both sides have some class players that would be comfortable in much higher grades than this. Didn’t stick around for the second half but looks like it was a bit more even from the scores.

Went to the game as well Peanuts, glad I did. Beautiful ground and really good standard of footy. The game could have easily been mistaken for a higher grade than Div 3. You are right about the Citz’s pressure, they were all over Parkside. Parkside missing their big full forward while the Citz’s got a few back I believe. Easily the two best teams I’ve seen in Div 3 for a while.

Went to the game as well Peanuts, glad I did. Beautiful ground and really good standard of footy. The game could have easily been mistaken for a higher grade than Div 3. You are right about the Citz’s pressure, they were all over Parkside. Parkside missing their big full forward while the Citz’s got a few back I believe. Easily the two best teams I’ve seen in Div 3 for a while.

Sounds like the game of the year so far?! No Mackie for Parkside hurts, and gee havent Hawthorn come a long way since a shock round 1 loss... Has the new coach brought in some new personnel? They look to be a different team, very intriguing season thus far. Interesting to see how matches turn out in the reverse fixtures.

Sounds like the game of the year so far?! No Mackie for Parkside hurts, and gee havent Hawthorn come a long way since a shock round 1 loss... Has the new coach brought in some new personnel? They look to be a different team, very intriguing season thus far. Interesting to see how matches turn out in the reverse fixtures.
I didn’t actually realise Mackie wasn’t playing. They did have a big guy up forward, I just assumed that was him, but he didn’t really impact. I thought Parkside struggled to look dangerous when going inside 50 so maybe with Mackie in it could have been a different story.

With all due respect to both these teams but they are nowhere near previous tops teams in this Division. The standard has dropped dramatically this year. People from Hawthorn would agree that this current team wouldn't get close to the previous GF sides they fielded in years passed.

Stats say Hawthorn playing well but to say they are better than the 2016 and 2018 promotion teams feels premature. As for the standard, the competition suggests everyone can beat anyone. That makes for a interesting season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all due respect to both these teams but they are nowhere near previous tops teams in this Division. The standard has dropped dramatically this year. People from Hawthorn would agree that this current team wouldn't get close to the previous GF sides they fielded in years passed.
[/QUOTE]

Been watching the Citz's for over 10 years and this is a very different looking team to those in previous years. Younger, faster and more team orientated than teams of the past. They looked mighty good on Saturday and the fellas tell me they have 4 or 5 still to come in. Time will tell.

Pre possible covid shut-down D3 review for some fun:

Parkside - Flashed up from nowhere after an ordinary 2019 up from D4. Saw the game against NB and they were great early, and made the most of their opportunities. Do they rely too heavily on Mackie? One game without him and they are touched up by Hawthorn.

Hawthorn - Form side of the comp, haven't been beaten since round 1 and probably the new flag faves. New coach seems to have turned their fortunes around massively. They have an even spread of goal kickers with Kaine, Johnstone, Raiti - 16,15,12

Emmaus - The sleeping giant? Last 3 weeks very impressive, pumping Richmond and keeping AP to 1 goal. Still loom as a big threat this year after an up and down start. Another team with even goal kicking spread, Hill 16, Davis 10.

Richmond - Bad loss against Leo's but beaten only narrowly by Parkside and Hawthorn. Bilson Munro and Adams have all kicked bags of 7+, and the snakes can kick big scores. They are right in the mix, just need a win against one of the top 3 to send a message.

Canterbury - L,W,L,W,L,W,L. They look to be just a step behind the top 4. Pimms influence seems to have slowed after round 1. They need a big scalp.

NB - The side I know the most about. They have been cruelled by injury. Captain hasn't played all year, and their 2 best on ballers have long term injuries. Have dropped off the pace after a stirring round 1 victory. Depth is being tested. 38 players have played seniors.

Westbourne - so hard to get a read on. Limped in against AP but just beaten by Hawthorn. I know they've also had alot of injuries and bad luck, but their best seems like it can mix it. Will be fascinating to see if they can get out the relegation zone.

AP - last week seems like it was their best chance for a win. I don't think they'll pinch one, and expect them to go winless, but this division has been throwing up surprises all year.

What a ripping division of VAFA footy. promises to be an exciting back half of the year with 4 sides that look genuine premiership chances, and all aside from AP showing they can knock off anyone of their day.

Pre possible covid shut-down D3 review for some fun:

Parkside - Flashed up from nowhere after an ordinary 2019 up from D4. Saw the game against NB and they were great early, and made the most of their opportunities. Do they rely too heavily on Mackie? One game without him and they are touched up by Hawthorn.

Hawthorn - Form side of the comp, haven't been beaten since round 1 and probably the new flag faves. New coach seems to have turned their fortunes around massively. They have an even spread of goal kickers with Kaine, Johnstone, Raiti - 16,15,12

Emmaus - The sleeping giant? Last 3 weeks very impressive, pumping Richmond and keeping AP to 1 goal. Still loom as a big threat this year after an up and down start. Another team with even goal kicking spread, Hill 16, Davis 10.

Richmond - Bad loss against Leo's but beaten only narrowly by Parkside and Hawthorn. Bilson Munro and Adams have all kicked bags of 7+, and the snakes can kick big scores. They are right in the mix, just need a win against one of the top 3 to send a message.

Canterbury - L,W,L,W,L,W,L. They look to be just a step behind the top 4. Pimms influence seems to have slowed after round 1. They need a big scalp.

NB - The side I know the most about. They have been cruelled by injury. Captain hasn't played all year, and their 2 best on ballers have long term injuries. Have dropped off the pace after a stirring round 1 victory. Depth is being tested. 38 players have played seniors.

Westbourne - so hard to get a read on. Limped in against AP but just beaten by Hawthorn. I know they've also had alot of injuries and bad luck, but their best seems like it can mix it. Will be fascinating to see if they can get out the relegation zone.

AP - last week seems like it was their best chance for a win. I don't think they'll pinch one, and expect them to go winless, but this division has been throwing up surprises all year.

What a ripping division of VAFA footy. promises to be an exciting back half of the year with 4 sides that look genuine premiership chances, and all aside from AP showing they can knock off anyone of their day.

Great summary Agsi.
Will be interesting to see how this "pause" will effect each club.
The Citz's will almost have a full list upon return.
How about the others?

Great summary Agsi.
Will be interesting to see how this "pause" will effect each club.
The Citz's will almost have a full list upon return.
How about the others?

One would think most clubs will have a full list to choose from aside from1 to 3 long term injuries?

Personally Ill be using my round 1 form guide to off my footy tipping for next round of games, whenever that may be

One would think most clubs will have a full list to choose from aside from1 to 3 long term injuries?

Personally Ill be using my round 1 form guide to off my footy tipping for next round of games, whenever that may be

It would be great to have all teams at full strength Gia. There has been too many injuries across local footy in general, so hopefully the break has been great for all teams.
I look forward to the run home with, finger crossed no further interruptions. Shaping to be a great finish to the year.
My final ladder prediction:
Hawthorn
Richmond
Parkside
Emmaus

Canterbury
Westbourne
North Brunswick
AP

Good luck to all.

It would be great to have all teams at full strength Gia. There has been too many injuries across local footy in general, so hopefully the break has been great for all teams.
I look forward to the run home with, finger crossed no further interruptions. Shaping to be a great finish to the year.
My final ladder prediction:
Hawthorn
Richmond
Parkside
Emmaus

Canterbury
Westbourne
North Brunswick
AP

Good luck to all.

For mine

Citizens
Parkies
Animals
Centrals

Cobras
Westbourne
Norths
Falcons

In case it's on again this weekend.

Norths
Citizens
Centrals
Westbourne

Westbourne are proving to be a real wildcard this season! They're now locked on 3 wins along with Canterbury and NB. 2 games outside of the 4 so finals are probably unlikely but a real relegation fight could be on the cards to see who can avoid 7th position!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back