Remove this Banner Ad

Wordle 1,028 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pfft! What a stupid word. If Wordle was cricket with a few mates down the park, I'd be taking the bat and ball (in the unlikely event that they were mine) and going home.
A dedication to Bad Horse 🐴

It's always been a major issue. One new method after another of teaching it wins favour. English is a stupid language really. With only 5 vowels having so many different sounds, it's confusing to learn. Thai for instance has 40 vowels and 40 consonants each representing a different sound. Although you've got many letters to learn, there's little doubt which to use if the word's sound is known. I have never really enjoyed teaching English as a 2nd language. Anyway, off to do some wordling.

English is a really confusing language and the spelling conventions are a trip but they often have an inner logic.

For example, you could spell dark as darc just as easily given the sounds involved, but only k would work logically because you cant c in the dark.

English is a really confusing language and the spelling conventions are a trip but they often have an inner logic.

For example, you could spell dark as darc just as easily given the sounds involved, but only k would work logically because you cant c in the dark.
You're a silly horse at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always been a major issue. One new method after another of teaching it wins favour. English is a stupid language really. With only 5 vowels having so many different sounds, it's confusing to learn. Thai for instance has 40 vowels and 40 consonants each representing a different sound. Although you've got many letters to learn, there's little doubt which to use if the word's sound is known. I have never really enjoyed teaching English as a 2nd language. Anyway, off to do some wordling.
Nah. It's a living changing global language that changes over time. We're not pedantic like the frogs who refuse to let the language change, so the pronunciation shifts, but the spelling stays the same - connected to the root word.

Nice gesture - harsh graphic (Tooronga Village)

IMG_20240412_102123355.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously senior in the above graphic - maybe the coffee shop in that Centre could offer a "quiet corner" for seniors doing Wordle - like a "quiet" V-Line carriage...
The tram line along St Kilda Rd beneath me is being ripped up and replaced and the constant noise of jack hammers ripping through concrete along a couple of 100 meters certainly doesn't provide any quiet corners today.

I saw Mick Malthouse on Swanston street yesterday morning. I got his attention by calling out “Micky Malthouse”, he looked up, then I said “How are ya mate?”. He smiled and said, “Good thanks mate”. It made my day.

The tram line along St Kilda Rd beneath me is being ripped up and replaced and the constant noise of jack hammers ripping through concrete along a couple of 100 meters certainly doesn't provide any quiet corners today.
"Quiet" could be a reasonable start word for Wordle

They have to make it obvious for the f**kwits who would park there anyway, like how they park in disabled spots
f**kwits will do what f**kwits do - a graphic is unlikely to cause them to deviate from their course of action

Remove this Banner Ad

Back