Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :( Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they taught wordle back in your school days.

It's all jmac does with his kids - they're going to be incredible at it.
In all seriousness, spelling is a major issue in schools these days.

In all seriousness, spelling is a major issue in schools these days.
It's always been a major issue. One new method after another of teaching it wins favour. English is a stupid language really. With only 5 vowels having so many different sounds, it's confusing to learn. Thai for instance has 40 vowels and 40 consonants each representing a different sound. Although you've got many letters to learn, there's little doubt which to use if the word's sound is known. I have never really enjoyed teaching English as a 2nd language. Anyway, off to do some wordling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday I spent four hours at the Hawks' school holiday footy clinic because my two sons are fans. Witnessing my boy hand over his Hawks guernsey (adorned with number 33 FFS) to Blake Harwick for an autograph left me feeling utterly empty inside.
That’s called a failure of parenting

Requires nothing more in terms of preparation than booking them into the library to select a book.
I have a pretty substantial classroom library so we just stay put. Always read first thing in the morning, after lunch and after recess.

The kids actually enjoy the quiet time.

More abuse from the Bin Lady this evening. Calling me a β€œdumb arse” (fair point).
Saying that no one likes us and we should move out.

All because I have parked our second car in front of our next door neighbour. Who have a three car garage and don’t care where we park.

Having a beer tonight.

Last edited:
More abuse from the Bin Lady this evening. Calling me a β€œdumb arse” (fair point).
Saying that no one likes us and we should move out.

All because I have parked our second car in front of our next door neighbour. Who have a three car garage and don’t care where we park.

Having a beer tonight.
Buy her a bunch of flowers and give with a smile, the problem is hers.

My wife keeps telling me to completely ignore her, just blank her out.

It’s bloody hard to do.

nah, to nice.

I personally would go to her front verandah and squish my face against her front window (exposing my nostrils) and start licking the window - in conjunction with yelling out "Go Port Power", works every time, no more future hassles

No worries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back