Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar McDonald spoiling a footy with his forehead, think it was the 2018 elim final

My favourite was always Alistair Nicholson to FF Neitz to FB when we were 50 down at ¾ time

Oscar McDonald spoiling a footy with his forehead, think it was the 2018 elim final

My favourite was always Alistair Nicholson to FF Neitz to FB when we were 50 down at ¾ time
I think the 2018 Elim he did a backwards no look spoil running at the man

Brad Miller playing back on Barry Hall in Sydney. Was a bit of a surprise at the time if I remember correctly, which I probably don't.

Had a few players who could play both ends like that like Miller, Holland, Dunn.

Our players handballing to the umpires in the wet against the Bulldogs because they were wearing the same colours as us. :$

I reckon Brian Lake went forward late and kicked a goal, maybe.
This might have also been the same game that Scully had 19 last-quarter disposals or something silly.

This might have also been the same game that Scully had 19 last-quarter disposals or something silly.
I also remember a pink lady match where the umpires where in pink, and we kept handballing/kicking to them

This is what I'm thinking of (was the Port game):

"After five straight defeats any chance of a Demon victory was scotched when a loose James McDonald handpass spilt out of bounds with just seconds left and was deemed to have been forced out deliberately."

~16,000 fans at the 'G that day. 😍
Was a rubbish call.

Our players handballing to the umpires in the wet against the Bulldogs because they were wearing the same colours as us. :$

I reckon Brian Lake went forward late and kicked a goal, maybe.

My dad got given seats to a corporate box for this game. We were expecting to get fully pampered with nice food and drinks. Instead we were treated to what was basically a brightly lit empty room with some fold out chairs at the end of a very narrow hallway. We were allowed to bring food in that we could get from the regular MCG shops that we paid for ourselves

It would have been okay but some random family of dogs supporters were also given tickets which gave the whole experience the atmosphere of being left in the loungeroom of your mates with their other friend you don't know while your mate is in the toilet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Watts and Tom Bugg with the “JJ you ready?” cringe snap
I always thought it was funny that Bugg chose Watts of all people in his post where he threatened to physically target a player.

I always thought it was funny that Bugg chose Watts of all people in his post where he threatened to physically target a player.
I like how they all went after watts too before the first bounce

Not quite random, because I remember this every time we beat Port Adelaide.

The first time I met Max Gawn was getting him to sign my ball at the family day at St Kilda in 2015. And the first thing he said to me was “God I ******* love beating Port”.

What a guy!

Brendan van Schaik signed a t-shirt for me once.
My signing ball is my most treasured possession. For a start, it’s a real sherrin, complete with our dreaded Schwab-era logo. And every time I get a signature it creates a talking point of “why do you have a real Sherrin just for autographs?’” Which is totally rad.

And when Tommy McDonald signed it in 2018, he spent ages pouring over my great collection of signatures. Terlich, Riley, Bail, McKensie. Big names. I’ve polluted a bit now since it now has premiership player signatures but I still think it is a Melbourne treasure of real significance. I’m looking at it now and I’m stoked I got Billy Stretch.

Some personal memories

Oh i went to a game against the Saints at Marvel in 2016 and me and my mate got there early sitting at the top level. We saw gawn and my mates was like lets yell out to him, I was like there's no way he hears us. Yells out anyway and Gawn turns around, looks up at waves to us

I met Viney and Petracca at a new members function in 2015. I was kind of nervous as i wasn't the most confident. But Viney seeing me on my own actually comes up and chats to me, which to me really ******* sticks out to me. I know he's just doing his bit for supporter relation, but could have just let me sit on my own. The fact he came over brushing off some other supporters really still just really stands out to me. I wished I'd remembered this earlier i would have posted in his thread. Ended up getting a photo with him so I'll remember

My signing ball is my most treasured possession. For a start, it’s a real sherrin, complete with our dreaded Schwab-era logo. And every time I get a signature it creates a talking point of “why do you have a real Sherrin just for autographs?’” Which is totally rad.

And when Tommy McDonald signed it in 2018, he spent ages pouring over my great collection of signatures. Terlich, Riley, Bail, McKensie. Big names. I’ve polluted a bit now since it now has premiership player signatures but I still think it is a Melbourne treasure of real significance. I’m looking at it now and I’m stoked I got Billy Stretch.
How many signatures in total, would you say, Gander?

Some personal memories

Oh i went to a game against the Saints at Marvel in 2016 and me and my mate got there early sitting at the top level. We saw gawn and my mates was like lets yell out to him, I was like there's no way he hears us. Yells out anyway and Gawn turns around, looks up at waves to us

I met Viney and Petracca at a new members function in 2015. I was kind of nervous as i wasn't the most confident. But Viney seeing me on my own actually comes up and chats to me, which to me really ******* sticks out to me. I know he's just doing his bit for supporter relation, but could have just let me sit on my own. The fact he came over brushing off some other supporters really still just really stands out to me. I wished I'd remembered this earlier i would have posted in his thread. Ended up getting a photo with him so I'll remember
It feels good, doesn’t it?

I was hanging around the boundary on a training day at Casey and Dean Kent wandered over to the boundary for a chat. He was really nice and has great blue eyes with black lashes and he showed us his excellent scars from hamstring surgery.

I think he was trying to get a break from tedious laps since he was in rehab group, but it was nice anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back