Club History Completely random Melbourne memories that come to mind for no particular reason

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible day at the footy, that one.
For some reason, that was my grimmest day. We’ve lost by more plenty of times, but this one stands out as me watching hope disappear. Also I had a coffee at half time and it tasted a bit like ham

-Melb Freo 2008, I recall the weather was s**t, it was cold and miserable, when we infamously came back from the second biggest deficit ever in a half?
That day, even got on the ground afterwards. Was an all time in my experience.

- Melb Geelong ELIM at the G maybe 2005, the day when Steven King treid to kick the ball out of the ruck contest, missed and clipped Jeff White, breaking his jaw.
Can still hear the sound of Whites jaw shattering.

Last edited:
Can't remember the year , went with a Cats fan to watch us v Cats . At half time we were a mile in front ,he said lets go to the pub across Punt rd. Pub was packed because topless Bar maids . I think we won the match ,I know we went back to the pub, had to get the ex to pick us up later that night as we got on the wrong train . Somewhere in the 1990's (maybe ;) )

You want random!? Today randomly I was thinking of a Casey game against Richmond at punt road where Baker was playing and the coaches constantly screaming from the bench for him to get back and defend on numerous occasions

Ugh. James Strauss leg break in 2011. I only saw it on tv but it was hideous. Even now I pretty much remember it pixelated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh. James Strauss leg break in 2011. I only saw it on tv but it was hideous. Even now I pretty much remember it pixelated
Jack Watts blind-turned thin air then converted from 50 straight after.

Strauss' leg break was horrific.

It only relates to us we where playing, But when Nathan Brown broke his leg against us. That one really sticks out as one of the worst I've seen

It only relates to us we where playing, But when Nathan Brown broke his leg against us. That one really sticks out as one of the worst I've seen
I was in the Medallion club for God knows what reason and they kept playing the incident on the little personalized screens you got attached to your seat. Was quite grotesque but as a young boy I quite enjoyed it.

Oh totally random memory from this board, but i remember going to watch us play the saints in round 1 2017 with LeverPuller

I think me and Schmuttt tried to organise a late meetup at the 2016 VFL granny but didn't end up finding each other mid game

Another game at Marvel I ended up sitting with Brad Green in the pleb seats at the top

Standing ovation for the players coming off the ground at half time v West Coast in 2013 when we were 10 points down. We proceeded to concede 17 goals in the second half.

Mark Neeld giving Cale Morton a spray as he came to the bench after he kicked it straight to a Collingwood player which resulted in a goal.

Colin Garland hesitating then kicking the ball off the ground in defensive 50 straight in the hands of some oppo player, crosses my mind from time to time.
Shannon Byrnes booting it straight into Zorko on the mark from defensive 50 for a goal.

Our players handballing to the umpires in the wet against the Bulldogs because they were wearing the same colours as us. :$

I reckon Brian Lake went forward late and kicked a goal, maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back