Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's how you do it though. I don't think we have any mature journeyman types on the list currently? Back in the early Hinkley era we had a guy like Paul Stewart as depth, a mature bodied experienced player in all areas of the oval. We had sandover medalist Kane Mitchell with fitness and pace to burn. We had Campbell Heath and Andrew Moore, etc.

Who's our Billy Frampton?

Have you forgotten about Clurey? McKenzie?

Only way crows win is if we let Rob/ crouch dominate & if walker/ rankine get off the leash again.
I reckon they have 3 players we need to control, rankine, walker and Dawson. Stop them and the rest is bog average.

Wanna see no media street this week, don’t want any talking about injuries, woe is me crap, have the next man up approach.

Want a John Cahill type ambush, rev them up and come out and smack them in the mouth the first quarter and belt them up for the remainder of the game. Be brutal in the contest.

I do doubt hinkley can do this, and I’m sure he will go down the path of excuses before the game.

Crows by 14 points.
Hinkley to blame recent injuries.

Round 8 overall is looking like an interesting one.
Sydney vs Giants
Brisbane vs Gold Coast
Carlton vs the fauxpies

Shame its going to be ruined by Hinkley's Heroes.

1714281475103.png

Last edited:
I reckon they have 3 players we need to control, rankine, walker and Dawson. Stop them and the rest is bog average.

Wanna see no media street this week, don’t want any talking about injuries, woe is me crap, have the next man up approach.

Want a John Cahill type ambush, rev them up and come out and smack them in the mouth the first quarter and belt them up for the remainder of the game. Be brutal in the contest.

I do doubt hinkley can do this, and I’m sure he will go down the path of excuses before the game.
ROB has killed us the last three showdowns
I would add him to that list
V important to at least break even in rucks & not let him put it wherever he wants every time

Notice too the crows hate Nicks & want home gone almost as much as we hate Hinks. So we actually have something in common now
I’d have Nicks before Hinks any day. Nicks actually had a s**t list not the myth of Ken’s playing squad being eternally not up to standard.

Ken has had a premiership quality squad for at least 7 of his 13 years.

Crows have been poor this year but you couldn’t question their effort. Not like Ken where whenever there is a bit of pressure he folds.

The thought of watching Hinkleyball against a team that brings some effort for more than 80% of the game is scary.

Yes. He is sh$t
But a good example of how a genuinely fast small forward can make a huge difference in this rolling scrum rubbish ball game the afl has degenerated into
Mate he is a gun. Lightning fast, very skilled. Was projected to be a top 5 first round pick. I wanted to take him in that draft over duursma. Would be a perfect fit for our list or any list in the afl. Exactly what we are screaming out for.

Also another example of big vic clubs picking the eyes out of the expansion clubs for * all draft picks. Wish we would take our turn at that.

Yes. He is sh$t
But a good example of how a genuinely fast small forward can make a huge difference in this rolling scrum rubbish ball game the afl has degenerated into
One of the worst takes I've ever read. This makes TeeKray blind devotion McEntee posts seem logical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol they are gonna play merkin cheese over Evans who is actually doing things.

I get niether cheese or evans are any good, but atleast Evans is justified on form. Mcentee at no stage of his career warranted selection on form in the 2s.
I must note that the whole of idea of a cheese merkin is appetising - must give it a go.

As a side matter for all, I have come across a Merkin Mac & Cheese on a menu from Merkin winery. I can’t believe they called their winery merkin. But hey.

Recipe below:

Merkin Vineyards Trattoria

MERKIN MAC & CHEESE​

prickly pear infused pasta with pancetta-mascarpone cream sauce, dusted with beet powder
ricotta and goat cheese hand-cut pasta shells with house made basil pesto
spaghetti with a traditional cracked black pepper, and a parmigiano, and pecorino blend
ribbon shaped egg pasta, with Arizona grass-fed beef ragu, pecorino, and basil
traditionally prepared potato dumpling with a sage and prosciutto di parma cream sauce
sautéed with brown butter sage sauce

bobby hill is neither s**t nor a gun. (Definitely not remotely close to s**t tho) He would be lucky to kick 15 goals a season in our gameplan.

He would have been a poor draft choice for us as there’s no way he would have flourished here.

The pies on the mcg 9/10ths of the season is the best fit for him.
Any player is lucky to get 15 goals in our game plan. He would be excellent for us as someone that can make something out of nothing and work in tight spaces. Something that only Rioli can do of our small forwards, but he brings a pace and defensive nous that Rioli doesn’t.

This game will go to the Crows the players going out will be to much, hinkley has no idea to coach and inspire a group of men to an unlikely win. Tex and co will smell blood and go berserk we will be left like a bunch of stunned rabbits in the headlights.
This is the PAFC FOLKS 11 YEARS OF COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE.
Poor selections misplaced onfield players and soft efforts by players that are primed for failure.

ROB has killed us the last three showdowns
I would add him to that list
V important to at least break even in rucks & not let him put it wherever he wants every time
He seems to do more damage dropping back into defence and taking marks or clogging up our game plan of dropping it on Charlie’s head. whilst lycett was unable to even move from the centre square.

I'm finding it hard to make a case for the Cows winning. I guess the case is something like this.

1. Nicks knows how to beat us
2. Rankine and Rachele maybe able to kick a winning score.
3. They could own the midfield with ROB and co denying us the ball.
4. We could blast piss missing Rozee, Aliir and SPP.

I can't see how they are going to kick a winning score there will be no Gallant kicking 5 unless someone like Keays joins the Spuds who tear us apart club.

Generally when we lose there is an easy strategy where you can see that opposition are going expose us. I don't see it with this game and if we lose I think a lot of it will be our own doing.

Port by 10-20 points

This game will go to the Crows the players going out will be to much, hinkley has no idea to coach and inspire a group of men to an unlikely win. Tex and co will smell blood and go berserk we will be left like a bunch of stunned rabbits in the headlights.
This is the PAFC FOLKS 11 YEARS OF COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE.
Poor selections misplaced onfield players and soft efforts by players that are primed for failure.
images (35).jpeg

We use to say the same about Burgoyne, but he has come on massively this year.

Sinn needs to get his body right. Then anything is possible.
Burgoyne put together an entire season of basically topping the possession tally at SANFL level on a wing in his 2nd listed season.

Despite the hysteria and naivety around him, he is not only tracking really well for a 3rd year, but he's 100% earnt a spot. It's amazing how a lot of perspective was lost on him just because he burst out early.

It would not be remotely similar to chuck Sinn in, who once again has gotten through what 2 or 3 games before breaking down again.

Sinn needs an extended period of form and without injury before he is picked.

Last edited:
One damning stat against us is since the 2004 flag, we’ve managed to win just 5 away showdowns (wins in 2010, 13, 15, 19 and 21) with 14 losses. Something about the crows growing an extra set of arms and legs, but very worrying still.
No, we just freak out in front of big and intense opposition crowds. Collingwood showed it a couple weeks back. Carlton last year, Collingwood last year, Brisbane last year (in fact when the Country Road song started playing and we were a couple down against them last year it was 100% certain we'd cave)

We don't put teams away when we have the chance, and when they get run ons we can get blown away, or just start conceding supremely easy goals whilst being extremely wasteful and giving up games.

Mate he is a gun. Lightning fast, very skilled. Was projected to be a top 5 first round pick. I wanted to take him in that draft over duursma. Would be a perfect fit for our list or any list in the afl. Exactly what we are screaming out for.

Also another example of big vic clubs picking the eyes out of the expansion clubs for * all draft picks. Wish we would take our turn at that.
9 goals in 7 games, same number as Rioli in what has been a very average year so far for Rioli. Dbj has 10 from 7 so I guess that makes him GOAT? Anyways
You totally missed the point
I was suggesting we give Anasta a game because a genuinely fast small forward pocket could unlock a lot of goals for us A1C3E7A3-7CCA-41F5-9369-0CDC7E9A21F5.jpeg

I'm finding it hard to make a case for the Cows winning. I guess the case is something like this.

1. Nicks knows how to beat us
2. Rankine and Rachele maybe able to kick a winning score.
3. They could own the midfield with ROB and co denying us the ball.
4. We could blast piss missing Rozee, Aliir and SPP.

I can't see how they are going to kick a winning score there will be no Gallant kicking 5 unless someone like Keays joins the Spuds who tear us apart club.

Generally when we lose there is an easy strategy where you can see that opposition are going expose us. I don't see it with this game and if we lose I think a lot of it will be our own doing.

Port by 10-20 points
Have a look at the potential lineup, they are a very poor side talent wise. We should smack them like we do most average sides.

But somehow we make them look peak geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back