Up the Coasters Brilliant. Just ******* Brilliant (Positives and Negatives vs Narrm)

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was the end of the 3rd quarter? Two goals up, having conceded 10 straight inside 50s, but the backs just held and held and held, until with 30 seconds left we breakthrough and send it in to Harley 1 on 1 in the cage. The poor mug playing on him knew he was beaten before the ball hit the deck, and everyone in the stadium knew it too.

In previous weeks and years we would have been broken by the tide and conceded red time goals, but not tonight.

I think Darling's best work is the shit he does that he gets no stats for. Like awkward as **** kicks to him that he somehow punches out of bounds, or staying on his feet, pushing himself and his opponent off the ball to clear the lane for someone else to get it.

Has an idea of which way the game should flow and takes himself out of it a lot to clear paths for others.

GN745ixacAAEUhU

I love that we got challanged a few times (on the scoreboard at least) and just kept at it. Really was fantastic performance.

Im gonna give my boy duggo some love. I think hes having a great season as captain. His bump in the 4th really sums him up.

Positives
  • Waterman. Whatever he has done, he is now close to our best player. So, so happy for him.
  • McGovern's kicking was a joy to watch.
  • The Reid effect. We are a 5-6 goal better team with him.
  • Ryan building. I will forgive those last few weeks.
  • Finally a negative midfielder. I have been banging on about this for weeks. Wouldn't have expected Sheed, but credit where credit is due.
  • The kids keep improving. Ginbey, Hough and Chesser are looking better and better.
  • The veterans are contributing. Darling and Cripps were outstanding tonight.

Negatives
  • Rotham's messy defence. Only blight on our game.
  • Ryan dropped that mark.
  • Waterman couldn't squeeze out one more goal to take outright lead in the Coleman.
Forget close to our best player, Waterman is close to the best player in the league right now.

Positives +
  • Harley Reid BOG and an absolute beast. Two fend off against the strongest mids in the comp says it all. Not only has the toughness but also shows class and polish with his touches. Potential GOTY candidate. If fit and firing, certain winner of the Rising star and could win a Brownlow in his second season. No player in the league is capable what Reid does.
  • Waterman tied with the Coleman despite missing a week. Was amazing against an elite Dees defence although they were without Lever. Played at AFL as if it's WAFL level as in too good for the WAFL and too good the the AFL.
  • Ryan getting back in form as shown with him finding the ball more and using it. Was jumping up for marks too and almost took one over Max Gawn.
  • Darling in vintage mode. Kicked three goals, took strong marks and laid 12 tackles. Great effort from him. Reminds me of the prime Darling we know and love.
  • Cripps also amazing with his efforts and kicked a nice goal at the end to cap off his hard work in pressuring and using the ball well.
  • B.Williams doing a great job in the ruck nullifying Gawn and helped made sure that we were competitive in stoppages.
  • Gov in career best form. Surely a lock for AA if he remains fit and firing. Not only he takes intercept marks but also rebounds as well something most if not all key defenders in the league are capable of.
  • Barrass amazing. Destroyed Ben Brown and Brown's kick was an absolute fluke especially that Barrass wasn't on him. Helped our defence.
  • Hough remained composed, used the ball well and stayed balanced on his feet. Will be a long time player for the team. Played like a 150 gamer.
  • Kelly amazing in the midfield supporting Reid and Ginbey.
  • Ginbey was a beast in the first term when playing as that primary extractor. Probably got tagged in the second half or played down back.
  • Chesser improving. Looks much better playing inside, just needs to dispose of it more. He'll be much better once he has full confidence.
  • Much better game from Sheed, not only he shut Oliver down in the first half, he got into the game and used the ball well. Getting back to the old Sheed we loved.
  • Duggan came over to support and used the ball well.
  • Team effort was amazing overall.
  • Just beaten them in contested possessions which is their strongest strength all without Yeo.
  • Pressure and tackled strongly.

Meh =
= Accuracy was meh in the first term which kept them in it but improved in the second half going 9.1 afterwards.
= Despite B.Williams being competitive, their scores have come from stoppages but the team was at least competitive in stoppages especially we were without Yeo. Flynn will make us so much better.
= Jones got into positions well and ran defensively well but his possessions do look dodgy.
= Hunt was solid but didn't get much of it. Nice goal from a great mark though.
= Cole was ok without standing out too much in his 100th game.
= J.Williams didn't do much but was solid in the ruck.

Negatives -
  • Rotham's poor defensive work allowing Fritsch to take a run and jump mark. FFS, you're 193 cms tall yet can't stop a 188 cm player from marking it in the air with body work and such. Also dropped an intercept mark that could've gave the Dees momentum.
  • L.Edwards, looked slow and didn't do much with it. As someone said, if Greg Clark can't make it due to his lack of pace then L.Edwards won't make it and he would have to do something special with his lack of pace. With the new gamestyle, L.Edwards lack of pace just doesn't suit the new fast contested style.

Final thoughts.

It was an amazing win from the club against a contending team. The team was competitive in the second half against Collingwood last week and could've won against the Bombers. This is what I'm happy with, the team being competitive again and Reid is providing the spark the clubs been lacking. Norf fans are fuming that they won against Gold Coast and would mark that day as one of their darkest day as it allowed us to get Reid.

The team will perform much better in the second half of the year once we get back Flynn who will make us an even better stoppage side and able to nullify top rucks with his ruck work, Yeo will give us even more grunt and toughness at the contest, Allen is a star and will greatly benefit playing with an on fire Waterman and Hewitt will give us the the class and swag in our midfield. However, Flynn, Allen and Hewitt will need WAFL time to get match fit.

What a win fam,
Great game from the boys all over the park.

However..
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have to be truthful..

I ran into Harley Reid at the shops yesterday, thought I'd ask for an autograph.. amateur mistake..
He put me on my ass and my chest still hurts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives +

• Harley Reid BOG and an absolute beast. Two fend off against the strongest mids in the comp says it all. Not only has the toughness but also shows class and polish with his touches. Potential GOTY candidate. If fit and firing, certain winner of the Rising star and could win a Brownlow in his second season. No player in the league is capable what Reid does.
  • Waterman tied with the Coleman despite missing a week. Was amazing against an elite Dees defence although they were without Lever. Played at AFL as if it's WAFL level as in too good for the WAFL and too good the the AFL.
  • Ryan getting back in form as shown with him finding the ball more and using it. Was jumping up for marks too and almost took one over Max Gawn.
  • Darling in vintage mode. Kicked three goals, took strong marks and laid 12 tackles. Great effort from him. Reminds me of the prime Darling we know and love.
  • Cripps also amazing with his efforts and kicked a nice goal at the end to cap off his hard work in pressuring and using the ball well.
  • B.Williams doing a great job in the ruck nullifying Gawn and helped made sure that we were competitive in stoppages.
  • Gov in career best form. Surely a lock for AA if he remains fit and firing. Not only he takes intercept marks but also rebounds as well something most if not all key defenders in the league are capable of.
  • Barrass amazing. Destroyed Ben Brown and Brown's kick was an absolute fluke especially that Barrass wasn't on him. Helped our defence.
  • Hough remained composed, used the ball well and stayed balanced on his feet. Will be a long time player for the team. Played like a 150 gamer.
  • Kelly amazing in the midfield supporting Reid and Ginbey.
  • Ginbey was a beast in the first term when playing as that primary extractor. Probably got tagged in the second half or played down back.
  • Chesser improving. Looks much better playing inside, just needs to dispose of it more. He'll be much better once he has full confidence.
  • Much better game from Sheed, not only he shut Oliver down in the first half, he got into the game and used the ball well. Getting back to the old Sheed we loved.
  • Duggan came over to support and used the ball well.
  • Team effort was amazing overall.
  • Just beaten them in contested possessions which is their strongest strength all without Yeo.
  • Pressure and tackled strongly.

Meh =
= Accuracy was meh in the first term which kept them in it but improved in the second half going 9.1 afterwards.
= Despite B.Williams being competitive, their scores have come from stoppages but the team was at least competitive in stoppages especially we were without Yeo. Flynn will make us so much better.
= Jones got into positions well and ran defensively well but his possessions do look dodgy.
= Hunt was solid but didn't get much of it. Nice goal from a great mark though.
= Cole was ok without standing out too much in his 100th game.
= J.Williams didn't do much but was solid in the ruck.

Negatives -

• Rotham's poor defensive work allowing Fritsch to take a run and jump mark. FFS, you're 193 cms tall yet can't stop a 188 cm player from marking it in the air with body work and such. Also dropped an intercept mark that could've gave the Dees momentum.
  • L.Edwards, looked slow and didn't do much with it. As someone said, if Greg Clark can't make it due to his lack of pace then L.Edwards won't make it and he would have to do something special with his lack of pace. With the new gamestyle, L.Edwards lack of pace just doesn't suit the new fast contested style.

Final thoughts.

It was an amazing win from the club against a contending team. The team was competitive in the second half against Collingwood last week and could've won against the Bombers. This is what I'm happy with, the team being competitive again and Reid is providing the spark the clubs been lacking. Norf fans are fuming that they won against Gold Coast and would mark that day as one of their darkest day as it allowed us to get Reid.

The team will perform much better in the second half of the year once we get back Flynn who will make us an even better stoppage side and able to nullify top rucks with his ruck work, Yeo will give us even more grunt and toughness at the contest, Allen is a star and will greatly benefit playing with an on fire Waterman and Hewitt will give us the the class and swag in our midfield. However, Flynn, Allen and Hewitt will need WAFL time to get match fit.
Pretty fair assessment xInf.
Don't be too hard on Rotham, Fritzy is a damn good player.

That was a sneak peak into the future lads.

We were without Yeo which is what will happen in the future.

Kelly, Reid and Ginbey is looking bright. Add in this year draft pick something special is brewing.

Fwd is set and is top 4 material.

Backline can function with gov for now during that period. Although shakey.

We need a full analysis of how we won by important posters here because I'm genuinely shocked. That's wcephil and others
Hewett. It will be like having an extra first round draft pick when he returns

ive been a major critic of Sheed this year.
Wince, every time hes named in the team...

But today he was fantastic I thought. Did a great defensive job on Oliver, and showed his experience in congestion. Took his time with his kicks as well instead of just round-the-corner-throw-on-the-boot trash.

Great game from him.

I think Darling's best work is the s**t he does that he gets no stats for. Like awkward as heck kicks to him that he somehow punches out of bounds, or staying on his feet, pushing himself and his opponent off the ball to clear the lane for someone else to get it.

Has an idea of which way the game should flow and takes himself out of it a lot to clear paths for others.
Bloke has more goals than Sumich and played a career foil for Kennedy. Club legend territory.

Incredible how strong Waterman can become for that height. Continually beating blokes much bigger than him in 1v1 situations. A lot to with strength but also a lot to do with his footy smarts and body positioning. Very prime Jack Darling as well. Very interesting the dee’s didn’t make the may switch to him.

Also really nice seeing Jack hit some form lately. Really keen to see him building and hitting the scoreboard on a regular basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back