Big Footy Book Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you finish it?
I did, very enjoyable albeit stretching plausibility a bit by the end. It’s not high literature but it’s a fun, mass market story, I can see why it’s popular and they are making it into a TV show. Also good that it reignites some interest in the classic detective story.

Interestingly, I think I preferred the second book, maybe it’s because I read it first. Interested in the opinions of anyone else who has read both.

I did, very enjoyable albeit stretching plausibility a bit by the end. It’s not high literature but it’s a fun, mass market story, I can see why it’s popular and they are making it into a TV show. Also good that it reignites some interest in the classic detective story.

Interestingly, I think I preferred the second book, maybe it’s because I read it first. Interested in the opinions of anyone else who has read both.
I found the second much less jarring. The constant referral to the reader in book one was offputting and it took me out of the story.

I did enjoy both for the most part though. He writes well, there is good - and clever - humour in each book, and the chracters are pretty likable.

I think I liked book two more than one.

I finished this last week.

A very heavy, confronting and emotional read. It is literally just quotes of people from first responders, survivors, family members of victims, and politicians who were involved on the day.

It is very good but it's very sad.

5/5.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 8.02.45 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back