Food, Drink & Dining Out Bigfooty MasterChef Contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Is anyone up for a cooking / food preparation contest? Much like the song contest only with food. Okay so this could be posted in the lifestyle thread, but I figure the song contest lives here so why not this? Anyway, I’m happy to organise.

Rules are contestants have a week to create a delicious dish (or a meal) exotic or simple, whatever suits you. Can be cooked or uncooked (tartare, sashimi, bowl of cornflakes all permitted) so long as it is food. Doesn‘t have to be your original, it can be following another’s recipe, but in that case should be attributed.

Entries are posted by 12AM Sunday - entries should include a recipe, or at least a description of what you put together, a photo of the finished dish, and a description of what it was like to eat. Secondary photos of preparation or similar can be included at your discretion.

Each week will have a set theme. Can be a cuisine like Mexican, an ingredient like chocolate, a diet like vegetarian, a concept, whatever within reason.

Contestants vote 3,2,1 Brownlow style (no self voting) and the winner gets bragging rights, and sets the next original theme.

If you would like to give it a go, reply below

7C64E673-1934-4C08-9429-BD4F289EA5B3.jpeg

Going gangbusters so far. I’ve got a love react from Headless, a bird who just wants to eat and one contestant which is me. I might start tagging likely people.

Oh yeah - I think the terms of the competition could be broadened to include food that isn’t a dish or a meal, for those into making their own hot sauce or sourdough or beer or whatever.

Going gangbusters so far. I’ve got a love react from Headless, a bird who just wants to eat and one contestant which is me. I might start tagging likely people.

Oh yeah - I think the terms of the competition could be broadened to include food that isn’t a dish or a meal, for those into making their own hot sauce or sourdough or beer or whatever.

I'll give it a crack, I'm always cooking (to varying degrees of success)

I'll give it a crack, I'm always cooking (to varying degrees of success)
I’ll hassle some people and make them enter with some pointed threats or something, then you’re on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45826958-open-tin-can-with-smoked-sardines-top-view.jpg

Sprinted off to the aegean sea on a long weekend, caught these, lopped the heads off, oiled em up and tinned them in the mini-cannery I ve got operating in a shed out the back. Came up a treat!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back