Big Footy Book Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Pretty avid reader myself, have amassed a decent collection over the past few years.

Was a massive reader as a kid and then when it became a chore in high school I went right off it until about four years ago. Makes the time pass on the train so quickly.

Really big on true crime and autobiographies.

Favourites include

Ann Rule - A Stranger Beside Me
Philip Carlo - Ice Man: Confessions of a Killer
Bryan Cranston - A Life In Parts
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
Dennis Bergkamp - Stillness & Speed
Marcia Clarke - Without A Doubt
Billy Joel - My life
Gary Neville - Red

What are you reading right now? What are some of your favourites?

I'm about 60% through Me by Elton John. Loving it and a great read so far. It's one of those books I'll read again eventually. Can highly recommend.

Favourites include, though aren't limited to:

J. M. Coetzee - Disgrace
Stephen J. Dubner - Freakonomics
Mesut Oezil - Gunning for Greatness
Aaron James - Surfing with Sartre
Kathryn Bonella - Hotel Kerobokan
John Grisham - anything by

Forgive me, but right now I'm just too busy to read much. Open to suggestions here, have a growing list that I'll be chewing through over the Christmas period.

J. M. Coetzee - Disgrace

Forgive me, but right now I'm just too busy to read much. Open to suggestions here, have a growing list that I'll be chewing through over the Christmas period.
A Stranger Beside Me is probably the best book I've read, objectively speaking. Can't recommend it enough. It's haunting, confronting, surreal and horrifying all at once.

J. M. Coetzee - Disgrace

Like for the freakonomics

Rarely read at the minute as I do enough reading with other things. One book I read not.long ago was revival by Stephen King. Was great and crazy. I want to read it again soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently reading “Redemption” by David Baldacci.

I’m a big fan of his, Michael Connelly, Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson, Lee Child

True Crime -
Ginger Strand “Killer on the Road”,
Tim Tyson - “The Blood of Emmett Till”

Indigenous authors
Claire Coleman
Bruce Pascoe
Anita Heiss

I tend to average a book a month through the years. Occasionally have a few months when it is almost impossible, but other months I'll read a couple.

Absalom, Absalom! (Faulkner) is my favourite novel.

As a kid my favourite book series was Redwall (Brian Jacques) and as an adult it has been Aubrey-Maturin (Patrick O'Brian).

At a mate's place yesterday waiting to go to a wedding. Instead of putting on the TV, raided her bookshelf instead.

Currently engrossed in "The rape of Nanking- the forgotten Holocaust of World War II".

And i shall continue to treat her bookshelf as my own personal library as long as she lets me, she has alot of great books :thumbsu:

At a mate's place yesterday waiting to go to a wedding. Instead of putting on the TV, raided her bookshelf instead.

Currently engrossed in "The rape of Nanking- the forgotten Holocaust of World War II".

And i shall continue to treat her bookshelf as my own personal library as long as she lets me, she has alot of great books :thumbsu:
Iris Chang was another who checked out early of her own accord.

Most of my reading atm revolves around research for my PhD for which I'm currently reading this:

russia.png

I love nineteenth century literature. Dickens, Dostoyevsky, the Brontes mostly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back