Big Footy Book Club

Remove this Banner Ad

The Black Swan by Taleb is probably the book I've enjoyed reading most this year.

Currently reading Ariely's The Upside of Irrationality. It's OK, but nothing special.

I'm about 60% through Me by Elton John. Loving it and a great read so far. It's one of those books I'll read again eventually. Can highly recommend.
I read this a few weeks ago when it first came out and I loved it . He has a way with words too :) . raskolnikov I’m going to see him tonight and I’m pumped :)

Diary of Ann Frank is a great read. Could not put it down.
I read this as a child , but haven’t reread it as an adult yet . It’s definitely on my to reread list :)

I read this a few weeks ago when it first came out and I loved it . He has a way with words too :) . raskolnikov I’m going to see him tonight and I’m pumped :)
Yeah I finished it last week, great book.

Slowed down a bit for me once it hit the 90s, but through his peak of fame and drug addiction, it's fantastic.

Going to see him Wednesday week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough.
I suppose no one really has a 100% original idea these days anyway/ or perhaps back then.

Is it a very difficult read? The translated version that is.

Not really. Quite easy going actually.

A srs nuffie like me could get thru it?

If yes ill keep an eye out

It's not Mills and Boon but it's not Shakespeare either. If you've read 1984 and liked it definitely give it a go.

Best fiction book released this year?

And also let’s say from the 2010’s?

I'm was never a big reader as a child and only started getting into it over the last few years, I'm still not a huge reader, average one every 2-3 months, some I'd recommend-

The Lucifer Principle- Howard Bloom.
Phillip Hughes, The Official Biography- Malcolm Knox & Peter Lalor.
Life and Football- Jonathan Brown/Adam McNicol.
Brief Candle in the Dark- Richard Dawkins.
Artemis- Andy Weir.
The Martian- Andy Weir.
Temple- Matthew Reilly.
Patriots- James Wesley Rawles.
One Second After- William Forsyth.
What Doesn't Kill Us- Scott Carney.
When All Hell Breaks Loose- Cody Lundin.

I'm was never a big reader as a child and only started getting into it over the last few years, I'm still not a huge reader, average one every 2-3 months, some I'd recommend-

The Lucifer Principle- Howard Bloom.
Phillip Hughes, The Official Biography- Malcolm Knox & Peter Lalor.
Life and Football- Jonathan Brown/Adam McNicol.
Brief Candle in the Dark- Richard Dawkins.
Artemis- Andy Weir.
The Martian- Andy Weir.
Temple- Matthew Reilly.
Patriots- James Wesley Rawles.
One Second After- William Forsyth.
What Doesn't Kill Us- Scott Carney.
When All Hell Breaks Loose- Cody Lundin.
If you liked the Phil Hughes book try Never a Gentleman's Game or Bradman's War also by Malcolm Knox, he ghost wrote Ben Cousin's autobiography too which goes some way to explaining why it was head and shoulders above a lot of footy books.

DFO Spencer St had a great true crime section, i could have gone nuts but restricted myself to 2:

- Close but no cigar: A true story of prison life in Castro's Cuba and
- A Long Walk Home: one womans story of kidnap, hostage, loss and survival. (gets kidnapped by Somali pirates for 6 months)

Recent release wise Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow was an interesting read on the dark underside of Hollywood and sexual exploitation of women in the industy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back