Women's Footy AFLW Round 5 2020 - Fremantle v Brisbane - Fremantle Oval. Sunday 8 Mar 2020, 2:10pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry, I haven't had time to do this so not my greatest effort :)

LAST TIME THEY MET

We won fairly easily.

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Brisbane have improved a fair bit since then. Not sure if we have improved or not (today might give us some indication).

TEAMS

Fremantle

In:
E.Gooch
Out: B.Webb

B J.Cuthbertson 29 ~ L.Pugh 32
HB A.Stannett 24 ~ P.Seth 18 ~ E.Gooch 8
C K.Antonio (C) 15 ~ H.Miller 19 ~ E.Antonio 12
HF G.O'Sullivan 22~ R.Roux 17 ~ A.Sharp 1
F S.Duffy 6 ~ G.Houghton 27
FOL M.Strom 21 ~ K.Bowers 2 ~ K.Grieve 13
I/C J.Stewart 7 ~ K.Flood 44 ~ L.Rohde 11 ~ L.Mascall 14 ~ E.O'Driscoll 3
EMG M.Clifford 4 ~ B.Webb 26

Brisbane

No changes

B N.Grider 10 ~ S.Webb 4
HB S.Campbell 20 ~ K.Lutkins 13 ~ C.Svarc 25
C R.Lugg 11 ~ A.Anderson 18 ~ S.Conway 12
HF L.Arnell 16 ~ J.Wardlaw 30 ~ G.Bodey 15
F D.Davidson 14 ~ E.Zielke 8
FOL J.Keeffe 27 ~ B.Koenen 3 ~ E.Bates 1
I/C I.Dawes 17 ~ O.O'Dwyer 9 ~ L.Postlethwaite 6 ~ J.Wuetschner 23 ~ M.Moloney 28
EMG G.Collingwood 7 ~ J.Zanchetta 2

ANALYSIS AND PREDICTION

This is the first game of the season where I don't think we deserve to go in favourites. Our best football would easily get the job done imo but we haven't shown anything close to our best in the past fortnight. We need to play our style of football rather than trying to negate the opposition's style. Go hard at stoppages to get first possession, go long and fast avoiding outnumbers, and give our forwards a 50/50 chance that they'll win more often than not. Rinse and repeat.

Not confident but hopefully at home we start getting back to our best football.

Fremantle by 1 point

We had a great connection between the forwards and the rest of the team in the first few matches, the Saints severed that connection from the start. Let's hope we get back to that sizzling best.

updates? Who is playing well? Has our captain had a decent game? She has been poor this season so far - hopefully, she will start to build towards finals?

updates? Who is playing well? Has our captain had a decent game? She has been poor this season so far - hopefully, she will start to build towards finals?

Ktonio still poor. Forwards are capitalizing nicely on all their opportunities. Duffy has 3. Have liked Bowers & Stewart so far also.

Bowers so good. Embraced and took a hard tackle before to hold the ball up and then won a great opportunity at goal. Too bad she didn't get rewarded.

Couldn't make the game. What's changed since the first. Brisbane stepping up or us going defensive to try and hold our early lead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back