Women's Footy AFLW Round 5 2020 - Fremantle v Brisbane - Fremantle Oval. Sunday 8 Mar 2020, 2:10pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the replay. Good win. Sharp's warming up now too in time for the finals. That forward line is too potent

it's her birthday!
Thought it must be that. She’s fast becoming one of my favourites. If we didn’t have Turbo, we’d all be talking about KJ’s tackle numbers and her toughness around the ball. Gets a fair bit of it, good skills, good decision making. And must’ve just turned 23 yesterday. Glad she’s on our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our girls are looking real scary, this needs to lead to a premiership.

Actually, I have it on good authority from someone on the AFLW board that Fremantle is very overrated after almost losing to St Kilda and only overcoming Collingwood by less than a goal. On the other hand North, which thumped the Conference A Bye, are easily the dominant team of the AFLW.

Better cool your expectations. ;)

The win was great but what I liked even more was seeing Sharp showing something, Ebony Antonio having her biggest impact to date, and Houghton learning how to have an impact without necessarily hitting the scoreboard. Even thought Flood was starting to work into it a bit more - a couple of her long kicks ended up in scores from memory - seemed a bit more comfortable up the ground. Roux did some great kicks forward as well. Interesting watching Pugh play forward a bit yesterday as well. O'Sullivan is so clean with the ball. That Duffy girl goes alright as well I suppose. It's a pretty incredible forward line.

Bowers incredible. Grieve without the superlatives only because she plays next to Bowers. Thought Miller looked much more a contested bull than she has in past games. Strom doing ****ing well for an 18yo.

But I think Cuthbo is the one who deserves more love. Got caught out a bit at the start of the game but from then on she was a rock. I still can't comprehend how a tennis player is so good at reading the play?!? Both Williams and Bresland out and she just steps in as if she has been playing her whole life. She is a big part of the reason why Freo has stayed competitive despite some key players being on the sidelines.

Looking at the Brisbane board there's a lot of complaining about umpires, and a lot of complaining post-match about us being too rough.

There was more roughing up going on everywhere. Push in the back, elbow, kicking you name it - Freo just came out playing rougher than any other team I've seen before. Bates got pushed into pack and ground a few times as well, no free. So angry in the end.

I hope we run through a few of them if we come up against them later. I don't know their names well yet, No.12, 27 and few more. We need the Lions 2001-03 brand to overhaul this one. Just hold them on ground when tackled a few seconds longer, just make them feel our presence.

If that's how they want to play, I hope we serve it back at the same level.

I feel we should make a case to headquarters and ask them "Is this ok? If yes, you'll see more of this from us too".

It may look like we are dobbing the rest in, but we need clarity. If ball players getting roughed up is a brand that AFLW endorses, then we might as well join the mob. Svarc and few others will stick their elbows out and can go harder next time.

Probably a good endorsement to be honest.

Thought it must be that. She’s fast becoming one of my favourites. If we didn’t have Turbo, we’d all be talking about KJ’s tackle numbers and her toughness around the ball. Gets a fair bit of it, good skills, good decision making. And must’ve just turned 23 yesterday. Glad she’s on our side.

Well said.

Her story is amazing. She was a fringe player for Carlton and for us last year, an outside player during preseason and wasn’t even in the best 22. Cooper needed an insider player to make up the numbers at training and BANG, they discovered that she’s actually an inside contested beast. She is basically Dana Hooker lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back