Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Cats v Port Fri May 10th 7:10pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I listened to it. It was highly narcissistic like usual but slightly better than last week. I'm studying body language at the moment and I notice that every time he compliments port Adelaide in the slightest he uses what we call self-soothing body language called 'adaptors' like wiping his hands on his knees and clasping at his elbows. Typical narcissistic stuff. He legitimately finds it difficult to compliment the opposition.
Huh?

Disagree. 2022 you had C.Guthrie and Atkins have the best seasons of their careers and were absolutely brutal around the ball. Blicavs was still in his prime and Selwood and Danger were still performing to a good level, obviously both wound back the clock in the Grand Final but overall they were still good through the season.

Pies had Daicos x2, Degoey, Crisp, Mitchell, Pendles and others. They were a little bit more hot and cold in winning contested ball but they had the ability to put serious damage on the scoreboard in rapid succession and did so frequently.

Anyway, this is a roadblock discussion so I'm just going to say agree to disagree and move on.
Selwood and Danger couldn't play out a full game of footy in 2022.

Journos didn’t ask Chris Scott about the Jeremy Cameron head knock…?

Too old, too slow, no rucks, no mid field, no defence, no depth. If ever a team has been found out big time it's Geelong. They will be lucky to win 3 or 4 more games for the year. Hawkins must do the right thing now and announce his retirement, it's at the embarrassing stage. In one way i'm happy about this, for a couple months they had me fooled, now i can just enjoy the footy. They're not very good.

What's the obsession with Chris Scott's press conferences and wanting to hear compliments from him?

It's a bit like those people who ring in to radio stations complaining that their team doesn't get enough respect. (e.g. "Why don't you guys in the media ever mention...?") I suspect it's something to do with being starved of success, or perhaps not having an era. I couldn't give a stuff what the media or other coaches think about my club. I'll just take the premierships.

In terms of days' breaks vs opponents, Geelong had...
r 6 Brisbane had 3 extra days break
r 7 Carlton had 1 extra days break
r 8 Melbourne had 3 extra days break
r 9 Port had 2 extra days break

So I kinda thought we'd be hitting a flat spot, and injuries haven't helped. All things considered, no need to fret at this stage.

Compare that to Melbourne's whinge about 3 games in 11 days when it turns out their opponents had 3 in 12 and had to travel as much as they did :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong fans screamed like farm animals when the most blatant and obvious free kick went against them last night, it was actually really funny. Why was there only 29k from a 40k capacity? Is it still being finished off?
They booed when Port had possession lol not just for free kicks.
A very arrogant bunch.
They will get their all you can eat free kick smorgasbord when they play Richmond soon at the bowling alley.

That this still irks you makes me happy despite losing

But I’m sure they won’t, because they actually have lives, and couldn’t give a s**t.
On the contrary, consequence of hits to the head are rising in importance almost by the week currently ?

People don’t just ‘get over it’ that’s the whole point that has been realised, long term physical damage is caused to the brain.

Geelong fans screamed like farm animals when the most blatant and obvious free kick went against them last night, it was actually really funny. Why was there only 29k from a 40k capacity? Is it still being finished off?
Half their supporters live in Melbourne or in the eastern suburbs. Impossible to get there for a 7.10 start. Always happens with Friday night games and the timeslot made it literally impossible.

That's why their crowds are huge for 4.10 starts

FWIW, I reckon the umpire tried to fudge it for Geelong by not allowing Advantage. I reckon he thought it was a shank kick to a messy contest so he called it back.

how I saw it too.
It was a shank after advantage, then a chaos ball before being called back.
Was called back and then the cats kicked the goal

Too old, too slow, no rucks, no mid field, no defence, no depth. If ever a team has been found out big time it's Geelong. They will be lucky to win 3 or 4 more games for the year. Hawkins must do the right thing now and announce his retirement, it's at the embarrassing stage. In one way i'm happy about this, for a couple months they had me fooled, now i can just enjoy the footy. They're not very good.
Do you blame the old blokes sticking round too long? The club let them play golf and surf 4 times a week and they earn 5 -6 time the average wage

Port are on to something, with some of the most scintillating football played this year (early Collingwood and Geelong games), but at the same time, they follow that up with a collapse. Imagine if they can work out how to go into a holding pattern and nullify oppo, whilst they realign for the next blitzkrieg bop later in the game.

Such a thing was completely missing against Collingwood, where they seemed to surrender. Last night there was more of the neutralusing effect, look at the last 10 mins, and they did have moments of attacking brilliance whilst Geelong were doninant, but still cutting it way too fine. If they can shift bewteen attack defense modes with more alacrity, control the game more when they are in post massacre mode, it could go a long way in setting them up for a crack this year.

All the top teams have their flaws, it's still wide open. I wouldn't be writing Cats off either. It may be fashionable to catastrophize these days, ahem ;) but really, it is a bit childish and soft.

What would have happened if all those Aussie soldiers in New Guinea in WW2 started waving their hands in the air and falling to the ground sobbing when they saw their mate strung up in the trees, mutilated? So how come a team's poor performance in a sporting event can cause so much emotional collapse?

Back