Player Watch #9 Will Hayward

Remove this Banner Ad

OJ091219MW2517.JPG

Will Hayward
Spritely Sydney Swans forward Will Hayward enjoyed a rocketing start to his career as he became the 11th-youngest player in the AFL era to reach 50 career goals in 2018. The 2016 draftee’s nippy pace and cunning goal awareness have made him a dangerous option in coach John Longmire’s forward line. A broken jaw and a persistent hip injury limited Hayward to just 12 goals in 13 senior games in 2019, but the South Australian is attacking the 2020 campaign on the back of his first full pre-season. Don’t be surprised if the exciting Swan finds himself on a wing this year.

Will Hayward
DOB: 26 October 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #21, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Walkerville (SA)/North Adelaide (SANFL)

With all due respect,

You’ve got a group of trolls here baying for trade blood of a player who has, in the clubs wisdom (and IP - none of which is public) has consistently rated him as best 22 all season.

Who is playing the man harder? You or me?

It's posters discussing the trade & selection merits of a player. There's nothing personal about it.

Calling people 'flogs' and 'trolls', on the other hand...

Just make your arguments without the name-calling, it's not that hard.

Hayward is a polarising player due to his role & performances in his career. It'll be fascinating to see his contract value to us & other clubs but for the moment the coaches are pretty firm he's in the best 23.

With all due respect,

You’ve got a group of trolls here baying for trade blood of a player who has, in the clubs wisdom (and IP - none of which is public) has consistently rated him as best 22 all season.

Who is playing the man harder? You or me?
It's not trolling..... Some fans just don't rate Hayward as highly as you do

bikes anchorman GIF by Electric Cyclery

Battle for Will Hayward

Baying for Haywards blood turn it up , i posted something earlier about wanting him in the team and 88 agreed , it's all to do with salary cap
Where have you been ? This is the same Board that was baying for Franklin's blood in his last season and a bit. He was stifling Logan's development supposedly ? Will has filled the breech. We Bay very well here. :rolleyes: People need to get over themselves and understand it's just an opinion.

Those underrating him clearly don’t understand the complexities of a dynamic forward line.

He’s taken more marks than McDonald, (I haven’t seen the heat map but these will likely be further from goal than McDonald normally take) - it’s a critical path inside 50.

God damn I hope he kicks a Ronke-esque bag on Sunday

This is where I'm at with him in regards to team selection as well. If he's in fine, but if he has to go make way to keep say Parker, Wicks, Fox, Lloyd and Jordon in the team, all of whom I think are better players/more important to the team, then so be it.
I would not have Parker in for Hayward. Slows down the forward line and reduces pressure. Would rather another quality small in the forwards than a fulltime Parker. I rate Parker, but not at the expense of the team. Stick him in the guts where he dominates. Don't just find any spot for him just because you want him in the team. Jordon to me is the logical fall guy but he has been playing so well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those underrating him clearly don’t understand the complexities of a dynamic forward line.

He’s taken more marks than McDonald, (I haven’t seen the heat map but these will likely be further from goal than McDonald normally take) - it’s a critical path inside 50.

God damn I hope he kicks a Ronke-esque bag on Sunday

True. Here's to a Ronke-esque bag to prove that just like Ronke, he'll crack on for years to come, with no room for criticism.

Oh.

I mean, here's to consistent good form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back