Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
At pick 16 the Sydney Swans select AA U18 ruck Will Green

WILL GREEN

Will Green.jpg

Date of Birth: 08/09/2005 ; Height: 204cm
Draft: #16 - 2023
Recruited From: Northern Knights

A developing tall, Green showcased his potential with three promising performances
as Metro's go-to. He proved hard to move in the ruck, displaying outstanding craft while also expanding his game
around the ground. There, he clunked clean marks at the highest point and was mobile enough to lay tackles. The
Northern Knights captain averaged 12 touches and 24 hitouts.

Last edited:
Haven't seen a lot of Will in the club stuff but I feel a good vibe. Looks a bit like a baby giraffe but surprisingly well coordinated, doesn't shirk the contact with the mature bodies, looks as if he has a clue or two in the forward line and seems to be enjoying himself. Can't wait to see him running around at BISP.
He lays a lot of tackles and gets his own ball, well at 18 level he did. Hoping it translates.

Will gets his first game as starting ruck against Frankston, with Stretch and Ladhams out of the team.

Only other tall to help him out is Buller
Honestly i like this path of development yes we would love to see him play 20 odd games of VFL as the starting ruck but think you need to take it slow and not cause burn out or make him hit the rookie wall. Feel like if we can get 20 games out of him this year and 4-5 are full time rucks another 5-10 are as the secondary ruck and the other games are just a forward role then thats good as this will be 3-4 years of growth and development before he is ready tbh

In last year's draft Ethan Read was the standout ruck and then Will Green turned out to be the first among three strong next-best options (the others were Goad and Mitch Edwards). Last week Green faced Goad in the reserves and I would say Green took home the chocolates. He had more impact and showed better skills. However, to be fair, Goad was rated because of his athleticism and is making a transition from a background playing other sports so is probably catching up when it comes to footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back