• Actively in market

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: McCartin Amartey
In: Francis Parker

Sub: Fox. He can play either ends of the ground.

Imo Francis is a long term play in defence if McCartin is out for a while. It also allows for less reshuffling of our other defenders, as he can play as a KPD or share that role with rampe/blakey & I prefer them taking the 3rd tall rather than a pure kpd role.

Long travel to & from Perth with Amartey injury history & form issues means he's an out for Parker. Imo Parker can have a similar impact forward as Amartey while also playing through the mids, giving the team more flexibility.

I can see us doing that against Norf and have them kick 10 straight or something like they did a few years ago. That was diabolical, they could NOT miss.

We are a better side than that year. We were running on extreme reserves that year and a poor gameplan to suit our side

Imo Parker will have an Adams like impact. He won't need to carry the midfield anymore, so he can just play his role in the midfield brigade. He can just focus on the contested ball & feeding it to our runners. Similar to Adams.

How about he goes nowhere near the midfield thanks and plays FWD and he can do those midfield forward contests thanks

I have no idea what the problem is? I'm pretty sure he will be doing Special Comments in the same way that Jude Bolton does SCG games?

I have an issue with Jude commentating too. Period, it’s 2024 now we can get neutral commentators for every game whether it be experts or behind the mic. Pavlich is one of the more “fair” ones sure but personally still don’t like it.

The same way that w***er Darcy is allowed to commentate dishlickers games - when his son is playing!!!!!

I've not watched a Freo game this year but I'd imagine Pav would be just fine.

Don’t get me started on Darcy lol please don’t haha

Though can we try and sign Darcy please asking for a friend

He's still a very good midfielder. It would be silly not to use his skills in the midfield. We need to have a deep midfield through the season, so they're relatively fresh for the finals.

sure if he’s banned from kicking the ball period. His kick it as high as he can do not work

Out: McCartin
In: Parker

Fox plays back. The question is who will be sub. Parker? Amartey?

Well he’s no Kelli I’ll give him that but any chance of neutral commentators and that’s a comment for all games not just ours

I don't expect all commentators to be neutral - especially not 'special comments'. The point of having those commentators is that they have special knowledge and connections about that club and so can offer additional insights and/or a different perspective. If Luke Hodge is commenting on a Hawks game I'm interested in the extra insights he can offer about the club and Sam Mitchell etc. more than I'm worried about his biased commentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day Swannies fans. I'm a bit of a stat head and I just thought I'd share this with you all;

I have 25 years worth of data that shows a pretty strong correlation between a teams offensive efficiency (Inside 50s>Goals), their defensive efficiency (Defensive Inside 50s>Opposition Goals) and the differential between the two being a pretty good guide as to how strongly their game will stand up when it really matters in September.

For example; Last year the Pies Off/Eff was 25.31% whilst their Def/Eff was 20.65% which gave them a differential of +4.66 which was by far and away the best in the comp.

Similarly in 2022, the Cats led the way with a +3.17 and the Swans were 2nd with a +3.06

So far this season, Sydney have an Off/Eff of 26.59% and a Def/Eff of 19.55%, a whopping differential of +7.04 which is good for best in the league.

View attachment 1983614

Anyways, pardon the intrusion and best of luck for the rest of the season...cheers

Love the thinking and work. Also love the implications of the data of course - thanks for sharing!

How far ahead of the next best are we and who are the next best?

Francis was good against GWS, he will be a real chance I think. Fwiw watching the VFL it took me quite some time to figure out who Hamling was on the field, thought he has a odd build, I assumed he was more solid….unless my eyes are stuffed which is possible!, he did go alright as well, managed to sneak a goal as well. Doubt he comes in but at least he seems to be performing.

I think Francis needs to be in the team as we can't assume McCartin will be back next week and we need to setup our defence so it can go up against taller KPF's.

He's still a very good midfielder. It would be silly not to use his skills in the midfield. We need to have a deep midfield through the season, so they're relatively fresh for the finals.
I can see Parker and Adams both being managed throughout the year, with one replacing the other on a rotating basis.

Imposter warning from a Footstool!

But just wanted to say….

This year I’ve taken an interest in reading the opposition preview threads, and it has been eye opening. I could probably skip reading a few next time round, Carlton’s particularly!

But the banter and general respect and lack of arrogance with some good humor thrown in (had a laugh at the “King’s” proclamation) has been refreshing.

Predicting a close one, will be a really good measuring stick on where we are at. Should be a cracker.

Good luck you lot 👍🏻

Not sure if they start Fyfe this week or off the bench ? Although he got big numbers a couple of weeks ago and still looks effective going forward he noticeably struggled when he had to turn around and chase.
Amartey to stay in would like him to be pushed in the ruck early on just to get him involved early. Two talls would potentially mean Grundy rests in the forward fifty and for all his skills he isn't a forward. The midfield is going well not sure Parker comes in yet and I would prefer a quicker player as the sub.
Francis replacing Tom makes sense or Fox can play back but means Lizard might have to play tall.
Difficult team to judge Fremantle , not really sure where they are at ? Struggle to score but are defensively hard to open up. Treacy looks like a potential superstar forward and can't miss his set shots at the moment. If they play like they have for the last two weeks they will be hard to beat at home.
Still pick the Swans by 20 , think our midfield is stronger and our field kicking is superior. Get off to a good start and take the crowd out of it.

The same way that w***er Darcy is allowed to commentate dishlickers games - when his son is playing!!!!!

I've not watched a Freo game this year but I'd imagine Pav would be just fine.
Pav almost overcompensates for having been a Freo player. Goes out of his way to appear unbiased. A frequent complaint of Freo supporters is how anti-Freo his views seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back