Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they have fairly told the story with Dyl.* But getting Grundy for two 2nd rounders was good business albeit he is nearer the end than the beginning of his career.

* You could equally say we gave up Dyl and pick 25 to move the pick forward a few spots but back into 2024 and only got pick 44 in return.

Last edited:
After not being mentioned at all on the Sunday Footy Show, I wasn't expecting a hell of a lot from SEN's Mean Test. I wasn't disappointed (should I say surprised). Kingy and the greatest Swans hater of all in Gerald Whately went through the entire show without a mention to us until they came to the seedings where there both had us as number one. At the very end, Kingy then says "I should have spoken a little more about the Swans". A little more?? Just saying the word Sydney would have been more than what you originally gave us.
As an ex South Melbourne supporter, I am disgusted as to how we are reviewed (should say, not reviewed) by the Victorian media.
No doubt the same will apply tonight on 360 and on the couch. Everyone's now in love with that s**t of a team called Essendon. We all know that they will still go another year without winning a final.

Lloyd mentioned us.

To be fair to Whatley. He didn't mention us in the Snap Judgement. That we are the 1 seed and we should be everyone's 1 seed. Or words to that effect.
There is no such thing as being fair to Whately as far as the Swans go. He hates the Swans and has never been afraid to show that. Maybe this is why Longmire will have nothing to do with him or any of the shows that he hosts in the media.

Thanks for that Callipygian I was just about to looking for this weeks podcast from him. Always a good show and I knew we'd get some good coverage.

Speaking of coverage in media as per some comments above: I think Fox & Co not sending commentators to the grounds anymore bar for some games has impacted not only the calls, but the reporting afterwards. They lack insight into the teams themselves and there's so much that happens off the ball you can only see at the ground. They lack a 'feel' for how the teams are actually going and rely too much of stats.

If I was a Bombers fan (thank f*king god I’m not!), I wouldn’t be cancelling any Sept plans… they are only 2pts from being in 8th position… still reckon they’ll miss the 8.
Exactly. Check who they've played so far and their percentage and I wouldn't be getting too excited just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back