List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t say I had an issue his entire career, just when he showed he wasn’t an AFL standard footballer and we kept him in the list.

Well the football department had reasons for giving him that extra year after he'd already been delisted but regardless of that, it's just not the case that we were building a list around him at any point. And with that last year, as far as the football department believed, it was more the case that the list we were building, with so many young players, was better served with him training alongside them and enforcing his dedication to training and preparation. You can say what you like about Kayne Turner's lack of talent or skill or elite quality any one area, but I don't think you could dispute that he eked the very most of his career that he was capable of. I'm not so sure that many others have done the same recently.

Edwards, Scissor hands.

Hence why he couldn't mark the ball.
edward scissorhands GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

He just wanted a hug

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone suggesting we should make a big play at Jack Lukosius might want to turn on Kayo and watch him in the Q clash. Horrendous.

Nick Watson spoil and then tackle of Liam Jones in the final minute. Just shows the importance of what having a quality small forward can be.

Nick Watson spoil and then tackle of Liam Jones in the final minute. Just shows the importance of what having a quality small forward can be.
But did you also see him miss from directly in front, the wizard hasn’t looked crash hot imo, glad we went no where near him with high end picks.

Well the football department had reasons for giving him that extra year after he'd already been delisted but regardless of that, it's just not the case that we were building a list around him at any point. And with that last year, as far as the football department believed, it was more the case that the list we were building, with so many young players, was better served with him training alongside them and enforcing his dedication to training and preparation. You can say what you like about Kayne Turner's lack of talent or skill or elite quality any one area, but I don't think you could dispute that he eked the very most of his career that he was capable of. I'm not so sure that many others have done the same recently.

I didn’t say we were building a list around him, but I will question forever us delisting Wood, Williams, Durdin and co and keeping him.

He certainly had a crack, was tough as nails.

He had his off field issues too but was a popular player no doubt.

The only real regret among the delistings, I think, given what’s he has shown since and the role he plays. Having said that, from memory at the time he had become another “why did we give him four years?”
yeah always struggled with injuries. Also predominately played as a third tall, when the guy always had a huge tank and the rest of the comp had moved on to big body mids. racked up quite a bit of it on the odd occasion he played on a wing. Always had match winning capabilities. Was pretty disappointed at the time he was delisted.

No doubt. That's why I'd be throwing a mid season spot at the best state league small forward in the country
If we take our two selections and its a big if this early on, at our second pick I would go Frank Szekely for our small forward slot, this would give us him and Robert Hansen Jnr as our small forwards and maybe Blake Drury as well. Good player with speed and smart, plays with North Adelaide. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back