List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Sunday Church GIF
Well when asked who he watches and models his game on, didn't notice him mentioning Aiden Corr in amonst those!

If we get any players from other clubs, they need to be someone who can lead this team forward. Macrae, Smith, Daniel, Oliver ect, are not. They are players you get when you have established leaders already and they can come in and play their role. They are not what we need now.

We also hold all the cards with Zurhaar. If he chooses to leave, and we will only be getting back end of first round. We match and force a trade for whoever's first rounder. He is a RFA. He can't just walk.

Correct, depending on the club, we match we get first round if the offer is higher than ours, than it's band 1

For the first time since the 90s, we might be having an elite core of players moving forward.

So we need to supplement that core with useful role players ala josh caddy, dion prestia, mcintosh, castagna etc.

I've seen a lot of posters saying we can't get the 'Big names' to come errrr when sheezal wardlaw mcckercher are 24, 25, 26 and running on full cylinder, we will get the superstars free agents to complement them.

Now people are going to say but what about mcckercher leaving for tasmania in 3 years, ummmmm his contract runs out in 2026, so i highly doubt he is going to only extend for 1 years to jump ship in 2028...

shouldn't we be targetting a jarrad waite type fwd as we see, to be able to attract key backs much more easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shouldn't we be targetting a jarrad waite type fwd as we see, to be able to attract key backs much more easily.
We need a competitor down there. Doesn't need to be a superstar. Plus a couple of quick small forwards.

Look at last night. Carlton had the "dream " forward set up with McKay, Curnow and De Koning. Unstoppable. Collingwood had a 6ft 2 Mihocek and a 10 ft Texan.

Collingwood won.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We need a competitor down there. Doesn't need to be a superstar. Plus a couple of quick small forwards.

Look at last night. Carlton had the "dream " forward set up with McKay, Curnow and De Koning. Unstoppable. Collingwood had a 6ft 2 Mihocek and a 10 ft Texan.

Collingwood won.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Spread of goal kickers trumps the alternative most of the time.

Spread of goal kickers trumps the alternative most of the time.

Correct, in 2007, our no.1 fwd n.thompson and no.2 fwd harding both went down for the season and we still made 4th.

The reason is that we had a very solid midfield.

So our drafting to stock up mids first is the right move but of course we should be adding pieces to strengthen it with selling the farm on anyone.

Correct, in 2007, our no.1 fwd n.thompson and no.2 fwd harding both went down for the season and we still made 4th.

The reason is that we had a very solid midfield.

So our drafting to stock up mids first is the right move but of course we should be adding pieces to strengthen it with selling the farm on anyone.
However, I would love it if some of them could look like drilling a goal from 50. We don’t have the marking power to always be looking for the best option (and then invariably f*cking it up).

Ok so what's everyone's price for LDU?

Saints first this year and next plus a little?

I think Wardlaw, Powell and Colby are the perfect mix going forwards anyway.
Manic attack, poise and smarts, speed and accuracy.

I think I'd take the picks and move on.

I would want Max King coming back. Balance out the list. And I would want draft picks, too. Otherwise they can wait 12 months.

Disclaimer: I don't want to trade LDU.

We definitely should not take the picks and move on.

We should hold him for another year and batter him whilst Smillie gets 20 games under his belt and Wardlaw gets another season.

Wardlaw at 50 games will be ready to take over imo.

Then effectively trade him for Dyson Sharp or W.Duursma with Band 1 compo.

Wait until you see Sharp and Duursma as underage prospects in a few weeks

Why did we delist Mason Wood again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back