List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone suggesting we should make a big play at Jack Lukosius might want to turn on Kayo and watch him in the Q clash. Horrendous.
Pretty sure the word you are looking for is “atrocious”.

Anyone suggesting we should make a big play at Jack Lukosius might want to turn on Kayo and watch him in the Q clash. Horrendous.
Fits our recruiting MO perfectly.

High draft pick who has underwhelmed at his previous club.

It’s worked so well up until now so why change a winning strategy.

Yeah wow. So we did have the next pick (ignoring the matched big for McCabe) but we picked Goad who apparently Adelaide were keen on. Based on that if St Kilda didn't pick Wilson we would've either chosen Goad or Wilson - with Adelaide picking up the one we didn't.

Yeah wow. So we did have the next pick (ignoring the matched big for McCabe) but we picked Goad who apparently Adelaide were keen on. Based on that if St Kilda didn't pick Wilson we would've either chosen Goad or Wilson - with Adelaide picking up the one we didn't.
Yep, we wanted Darcy.

We wanted Wilson and IIRC tried to trade a couple of our late first rounders (essentially Hardeman and Wil Dawson) for the GWS pick beforehand but they were too focused on Leake who wouldn't have made it to them otherwise. As it stood we just had to cross our fingers as it was possible Saints would take Hardeman.

Gee we missed the boat on Wilson. Reckon there was alot here that wanted us to take him. Also think we had the next pick after St Kilda? :(

I was screaming for us in the draft thread to trade up for him. He was a steal at that pick, should have been taking inside the top 10.

I was screaming for us in the draft thread to trade up for him. He was a steal at that pick, should have been taking inside the top 10.
The problem is Brady is not imaginative enough to get deals done.

We had 5 first rounders and he wasnt able to move any of our draft capital, to better our position...

Sullivan would have been great

Wilson would have been great.

And Rawlings couldnt make a single trade?

I think he has had his turn and needs go...

We had 5 first rounders and he wasnt able to move any of our draft capital, to better our position...

They tried to trade all the way through, unfortunately clubs don't like trading top 10-12 picks for multiples in the early 20's, especially if they have their own targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you have traded Johnny?

And just for an FYI, this is what the Hawks traded to get pick 18 for Josh Weddle:

Their 2022 2nd rounder (pick 27), their 2023 2nd and 3rd round picks for Pick 18.

65 games in 8 years Western. I get where your coming from but he wasn't going to take us anywhere and he wont take the Saints anywhere.
Falls into the Garner 9 yrs - 49 games / Daw 10 yrs - 54 games basket sadly.

We tried to make him a key forward which he wasn't. The Saints play him on a wing and Boom! Totally different and far more serviceable player.

I'm sure Brady was trying hard to live trade on draft night, but you have to have a dance partner in order to get what you want. I recall after the draft that Brady mentioned that we tried hard to move up the order with the picks that we had but we couldn't find a club willing to move their picks on.

I'm sure Brady was trying hard to live trade on draft night, but you have to have a dance partner in order to get what you want. I recall after the draft that Brady mentioned that we tried hard to move up the order with the picks that we had but we couldn't find a club willing to move their picks on.

It happens.

It's not that we didn't rate Wilson, I've heard from all and sundry that we were spewing he was taken the pick before, as we had been linked for a month or two.

I think you would have seen a draft of Wilson, Dawson & Mitch Edwards more than likely had it panned out that way.

Bloody criminal that the coaches that we had never tried to use one of his elite skills (running) and put him on the wing.
I myself a novice did say to try him on the wing.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure we did play him on a wing at times toward the end of 2020? Problem was he looked absolutely cooked but he wasn't alone on that front. Probably a good example of how much confidence and team mentality plays into how well a player can perform.

Gee we missed the boat on Wilson. Reckon there was alot here that wanted us to take him. Also think we had the next pick after St Kilda? :(
Yes we did. Wilson's grandpa was Galloping Gasometer, Mick Nolan. So his mum was Mick's daughter. He wanted to get to us (was BFNAAK) but Saints got him right before our pick. Anyway .... we got McKercher, so we still have an outstanding runner in our team.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? Most of the trade period was moving draft capital via the compensation picks.

You know there are other clubs that may not want to trade their also valuable picks yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back