List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have been thinking similar since we drafted McKercher.

It's an extraordinarily bold move, especially considering we have lost Thomas and we are also potentially losing Cam Z.

I guess the question is, what he is he worth on the open market? If it's the Saints is it something like:

Stk 2024 1st round (Prob about pick 12 after all movements)
Stk 2025 Future first (probably similar)
for
LDU and NM future 3rd (Pick 40)

Not sure he generates enough value on the trade table, better of risking taking him thru to free agency.

Probably about right on the return. Phillips value? And again I'm basing this on our young mids being good/great.
And then just maybe we can attract a decent type who believes in the vision. I mean we can trade those picks.

Sorry Accurate, u know I agree & am on your side on most things …
But seriously? Lazzaro & Finbar for new contracts?
If Lazzaro is still on our list at seasons end we are doing something wrong with development . The boy tries hard but is just embarrassing .
Finbar ? Back yard suburban local footballer? He just does not look AFL standard. Especially body wise.
You saw what happened to Sellers last week & we all thought he was actually ready .

All good Ross, and I love differing opinions that carry some weight, Finbar is a 100/1 shot, I love an underdog. Lazz I think is extremely limited but my thoughts are I hope his attitude rubs off on a few others.

Happy as a pig in poop if Lazz is killing it at VFL level and our AFL boys are winning games.

Wouldnt mind us having a decent crack at Jarrod Berry from the lions. Tough, big, inside mid in the right age bracket (and a restricted free agent).

It's an extraordinarily bold move, especially considering we have lost Thomas and we are also potentially losing Cam Z.

I guess the question is, what he is he worth on the open market? If it's the Saints is it something like:

for

Not sure he generates enough value on the trade table, better of risking taking him thru to free agency.
I would do it TAO but it would need to be a huge trade return. If he leaves as a free agent we would get a first round pick as compo. so it needs to be 2 highish first rounders. Thrown in the compo one and we have four first rounders. My view is until Harry and George are the main leaders and ready we aren’t going to be competitive anyway.

SO we have 18 uncontracted players, and we've recently signed Powell & offered Zurhaar a deal.
That's an awful of players flapping about as we head into rd six.
Now these guys you'd think will get offers.

1.Ford
2.Scott
3.George
4.Drury
5. Harvey
6.Finnbar
7.Lazzaro - deserves it for his commitment alone
Will be a few more but not my point.
As it stands I cannot see Phillips wanting to stay with us.
Anyways and I have read on here that Phillips, Powell, McKercher &Wardlaw just need to mature a bit and will be fine. I'm not arguing fyi, happy with that as a group thought process. Add in Sheezel and as it stands probably another mid with this years top 3 pick.

I rate Jy and feel he's treated harshly around these parts, again not the focus. I think he suffers from losing his position. So a midfield of Phillips, Sheezel, Wardlaw, mcKercher, Simpkin, Powell & undrafted mid. That should be enough to get the job done.

We have LDU and yeah he seems to be loved by plenty and we can all see why. But when one deep dives, why isn't he Cpt material. Just a question, he is OOC 2025.
I think we got very lucky with Magoo and the footy gods landed us a very early pick. We cannot rely on being s**t to get us a good return on a player via compo, it's actually a tad pathetic. Why don't we get proactive and shop him, if as you lot say our up and coming mids will be fine.
We offloaded Magoo and brought in Comben. We will get SFA for Phillips but a bounty for LDU as he is under contract.

The Pies are the masters of this, and we for the life of us cannot read the room.

I don't often post with serious intent, but I think it's time we had a *en good hard look at ourselves and what we're doing. I've been told it doesn't take much to catch the eye of players elsewhere.

I have full faith in Sonja, al clarko and Viney. If we can nail a few wins, I think our dating/relationship prospects with other teams players will go through the roof.

I do similar in my job, ( courting firms) and I was getting played through lack of experience quite often. But I've gone away and looked at my mistakes and have developed my approach to dealing with these situations. Basically they have a home, and I'm trying to wrestle them away.

You sell to your strengths and sell the vision.

Go Roos :)
Hard truths, we’ve invested so much draft capital on early mids and at present we can’t guarantee that position on the ground. Phillips needs to reinvent himself in another position, get him to drop some weight and play him as a high half forward, he might be able to cover the ground better then he currently does. Ffs if he can’t crack into our current mid set up, he ain’t going far in the afl as a mid.
Losing LDU would be a nightmare, unless of course you replaced with a couple of solid bodies. At present our best chance of picking up a solid body would be throwing six years in front of jai culley, yes that’s pretty grim but it’s where we’re at.

You might have full confidence in Sonja, Clarko and Viney but I’m having doubts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for

If we are offering up LDU then the Saints would need to offer more than draft picks - we would de demanding a top rated player, a young player and a draft pick in return. And I am not talking about Mason Wood, Jimmy Webster and a 3rd rounder. But I am talking a
Darcy Wilson, Josh Battle and a first rounder.

Reckon if Lukosius goes anywhere, he will rejoin Rankine at the Crows.

Yeah i thought so.

We need to steer away from all these. 2024 is about getting the team to be playing to a new system, that's it.

It's a learning year, we get pick 1 and possibly pick 2 for zurhaar as well.

If we are offering up LDU then the Saints would need to offer more than draft picks - we would de demanding a top rated player, a young player and a draft pick in return. And I am not talking about Mason Wood, Jimmy Webster and a 3rd rounder. But I am talking a
Darcy Wilson, Josh Battle and a first rounder.

We are not, LDU will be a free agent in 2025 so if the offer for him is ridiculous, then it's band 1, we should be open to it.

LDU's contract extension offer (if there is one) and Zurhaar contract offer could pose a watershed moment in this rebuild because l feel Cam rejecting and then LDU's rejection of an extension could start a Brisbane Lions style exodus when their rebuild came to an abrupt stop under Voss/Lepper.
We may get great picks from these players but we lose much more in the very thing we are craving at the moment and that's experience and belief....and when these 'seniors' have no belief in the rebuild, then watch the vultures come swooping in!!

LDU is going through a rough patch at the minute. Dealing with a tag and generally a little off. But no way would I consider losing him. Our midfield at the moment is far from settled and tackle breaking mids pretty rare, especially if they are also line breaking

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently the Bulldogs are into Barrass. If true, that might mean they don’t think all that highly of Busslinger. Doesn’t necessarily mean we shouldn’t look into seeking Busslinger, but should be wary of him being just another spud who was a highish draft pick.

Apparently the Bulldogs are into Barrass. If true, that might mean they don’t think all that highly of Busslinger. Doesn’t necessarily mean we shouldn’t look into seeking Busslinger, but should be wary of him being just another spud who was a highish draft pick.
If true, you would think both players would form the basis of a deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back