List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a sad day when Lobb is an upgrade, but well we're here at said sad day.
Lobb is a dickhead but would be our 2nd best tall.

Still, NO DEAL.

Unless Passmore is right and the dogs pay us 14 buxom wenches and a tankard of mead to get him out of western.

We're taking Lobb off their hands.....they should be offering us more.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
100% this. They desperately need Lobb's wage off their books so that they can afford to match deals put in front of Ugle Hagen and English. Lobb will be traded with extra garnish added to any club that agrees to pay his full wage.

Unless Passmore is right and the dogs pay us 14 buxom wenches and a tankard of mead to get him out of western.
Settle, maybe for an opening offer but 10 buxom wenches is plenty enough…

remember when we traded away or future priority picks incase the AFL would take them back due to us outperforming 🤣
I Want More GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL’s big move to unlock trade period stalemates​

Jay Clark

AFL clubs will be forced to pay a higher price for star academy and father-son players as part of an overhaul of the draft points system.

And the league is open to pick purchasing where clubs can effectively buy draft picks with salary cap space and trading more than one year in advance.

The league told all 18 clubs in a meeting of football general managers on Tuesday a revamp of the draft points system was in the works as part of a discussion about the trade and draft system.

It means clubs such as Gold Coast would not get as much of a discount on brilliant first-round academy prospects taken in the first round of the draft after securing four homegrown guns last year including Jed Walter.

But the northern-states clubs will strongly defend their ability to continue to develop and recruit local talents who could otherwise play other sports.

AFL football boss Laura Kane and operations assistant Josh Mahoney led the meeting and asked clubs to break off in small groups to have further talks on key topics.

Clubs want more flexibility to trade picks two years in advance, helping clubs have more capacity to make moves at trade period.

Clubs have been frustrated deals have stalled because of their inability to unlock picks more than one year ahead.

Free agency compensation and the controversial bands system was also discussed as clubs look for more clarity on the wages which trigger first-round compensation picks.

The AFL also provided an update on the ball-tracking technology which could help the AFL develop an enhanced goal review system.

A further update on the state league trial will be delivered in June

I'm of the the belief that you should pay a points tax on top of the points value the player is selected at, not sure why or how they ever come up with a discount.

Ashcroft goes at 1, value of pick 1 is 3000 points, add 10% tax and they need 3300 points to match a bid.

Last edited:
I'm of the the belief that you should pay a points tax on top of the points value the player is selected at, not sure why or how they ever come up with a discount.

Ashcroft goes at 1, value of pick 1 is 3000 points add 10% tax and they need 3300 points to match a bid.
Bang on. You're getting to guarantee your draft strategy so should pay a premium.

Clubs having academy access AND discount is a double dip.

SO we have 18 uncontracted players, and we've recently signed Powell & offered Zurhaar a deal.
That's an awful of players flapping about as we head into rd six.
Now these guys you'd think will get offers.

1.Ford
2.Scott
3.George
4.Drury
5. Harvey
6.Finnbar
7.Lazzaro - deserves it for his commitment alone
Will be a few more but not my point.
As it stands I cannot see Phillips wanting to stay with us.
Anyways and I have read on here that Phillips, Powell, McKercher &Wardlaw just need to mature a bit and will be fine. I'm not arguing fyi, happy with that as a group thought process. Add in Sheezel and as it stands probably another mid with this years top 3 pick.

I rate Jy and feel he's treated harshly around these parts, again not the focus. I think he suffers from losing his position. So a midfield of Phillips, Sheezel, Wardlaw, mcKercher, Simpkin, Powell & undrafted mid. That should be enough to get the job done.

We have LDU and yeah he seems to be loved by plenty and we can all see why. But when one deep dives, why isn't he Cpt material. Just a question, he is OOC 2025.
I think we got very lucky with Magoo and the footy gods landed us a very early pick. We cannot rely on being s**t to get us a good return on a player via compo, it's actually a tad pathetic. Why don't we get proactive and shop him, if as you lot say our up and coming mids will be fine.
We offloaded Magoo and brought in Comben. We will get SFA for Phillips but a bounty for LDU as he is under contract.

The Pies are the masters of this, and we for the life of us cannot read the room.

I don't often post with serious intent, but I think it's time we had a *en good hard look at ourselves and what we're doing. I've been told it doesn't take much to catch the eye of players elsewhere.

I have full faith in Sonja, al clarko and Viney. If we can nail a few wins, I think our dating/relationship prospects with other teams players will go through the roof.

I do similar in my job, ( courting firms) and I was getting played through lack of experience quite often. But I've gone away and looked at my mistakes and have developed my approach to dealing with these situations. Basically they have a home, and I'm trying to wrestle them away.

You sell to your strengths and sell the vision.

Go Roos :)

SO we have 18 uncontracted players, and we've recently signed Powell & offered Zurhaar a deal.

1.Ford
2.Scott
3.George
4.Drury
5. Harvey
6.Finnbar
Anyways and I have read on here that Phillips, Powell, McKercher &Wardlaw just need to mature a bit and will be fine. I'm not arguing fyi, happy with that as a group thought process. Add in Sheezel and as it stands probably another mid with this years top 3 pick.

I rate Jy and feel he's treated harshly around these parts, again not the focus. I think he suffers from losing his position. So a midfield of Phillips, Sheezel, Wardlaw, mcKercher, Simpkin, Powell & undrafted mid. That should be enough to get the job done.

We have LDU and yeah he seems to be loved by plenty and we can all see why. But when one deep dives, why isn't he Cpt material. Just a question, he is OOC 2025.
I think we got very lucky with Magoo and the footy gods landed us a very early pick. We cannot rely on being s**t to get us a good return on a player via compo, it's actually a tad pathetic. Why don't we get proactive and shop him, if as you lot say our up and coming mids will be fine.
We offloaded Magoo and brought in Comben. We will get SFA for Phillips but a bounty for LDU as he is under contract.

The Pies are the masters of this, and we for the life of us cannot read the room.

I don't often post with serious intent, but I think it's time we had a *en good hard look at ourselves and what we're doing. I've been told it doesn't take much to catch the eye of players elsewhere.

I have full faith in Sonja, al clarko and Viney. If we can nail a few wins, I think our dating/relationship prospects with other teams players will go through the roof.

I do similar in my job, ( courting firms) and I was getting played through lack of experience quite often. But I've gone away and looked at my mistakes and have developed my approach to dealing with these situations. Basically they have a home, and I'm trying to wrestle them away.

Don’t worry about giving a contract to the second butcher bloke

Trade bait

The draft watchers got every one overexcited talking him up then Ratten threw fuel on the fire pumping him up even more in a q&a.

What we did already know was that he was a power athlete who missed most of his top age U18 year and all of his 1st AFL year in rehab.

I can't fathom how people are already salivating about pushing Zurhaar out the door for some magic beans without realising his supposed replacement in George would be putting up shocking numbers if thrown into the seniors with our current structure around him.

Just look at the knives out for Sellers because he couldn't channel Jason Dunstall last week.
But, but, they're magic beans!!

Also, the knives out for Sellers i think was largely coming from one cheeky "contrarian".

1.Ford
2.Scott
3.George
4.Drury
5. Harvey
6.Finnbar

Have been thinking similar since we drafted McKercher.

It's an extraordinarily bold move, especially considering we have lost Thomas and we are also potentially losing Cam Z.

I guess the question is, what he is he worth on the open market? If it's the Saints is it something like:

Stk 2024 1st round (Prob about pick 12 after all movements)
Stk 2025 Future first (probably similar)
for
LDU and NM future 3rd (Pick 40)

Not sure he generates enough value on the trade table, better of risking taking him thru to free agency.

1.Ford
2.Scott
3.George
4.Drury
5. Harvey
6.Finnbar

Sorry Accurate, u know I agree & am on your side on most things …
But seriously? Lazzaro & Finbar for new contracts?
If Lazzaro is still on our list at seasons end we are doing something wrong with development . The boy tries hard but is just embarrassing .
Finbar ? Back yard suburban local footballer? He just does not look AFL standard. Especially body wise.
You saw what happened to Sellers last week & we all thought he was actually ready .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back