List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know what his contract status is, but i have only seen Freo's Will Brodie named as a sub this year, last seen in Rd 7 2023, so obviously injured, has plenty of competition for a spot in their midfield now, 190cm and only about 25yo, thoughts ?
If he came with Freo’s first draft pick

Seems our approach of offering longer contracts and more $$$ is moving into overdrive.

We've hit the lead on couple of injury prone types. Lol.

Rawlings has the whip out and is roaring up the straight.

He learnt a lot after he got stung on one of those WhatsApp job offers.

Bought a CHF online from the Tigers .

oh well

Seems our approach of offering longer contracts and more $$$ is moving into overdrive.

We've hit the lead on couple of injury prone types. Lol.

Rawlings has the whip out and is roaring up the straight.

He learnt a lot after he got stung on one of those WhatsApp job offers.

Bought a CHF online from the Tigers .

oh well

Rawlings doesn’t make a move now without the nod of approval of Clarkson and Viney.

Rawlings doesn’t make a move now without the nod of approval of Clarkson and Viney.

That isn't comforting al clarko's last years on wider decision making at the Hawfs wasn't flash fwiw. And of course not many organisations have one dude sitting there deciding on the fate of the clubs future.

We would have our business model. And like it or not, that model is to offer more than their current clubs are offering.

One dude is KPD, so what does than mean for K Dawson, Logue, Comben.

That isn't comforting al clarko's last years on wider decision making at the Hawfs wasn't flash fwiw. And of course not many organisations have one dude sitting there deciding on the fate of the clubs future.

We would have our business model. And like it or not, that model is to offer more than their current clubs are offering.

If I was trying to comfort you we’d both be eating toast with tea and watching The Front Bar in bed.

Don't know what his contract status is, but i have only seen Freo's Will Brodie named as a sub this year, last seen in Rd 7 2023, so obviously injured, has plenty of competition for a spot in their midfield now, 190cm and only about 25yo, thoughts ?
Makes Treacle look like Usain Bolt?

TBF though, Freo have a reasonable mid and don’t need that in & under, would be ok but would have to be cheap, as in we get put on lists for inappropriate touching symbolism levels of cheap for us though… not the silliest idea but not sure Freo would accept what we would offer

Not quite a scrub in his 1st year at Freo really :

2022 AFL League Midfielder Total Disposals Leaders​
RankPlayerTeamGamesTotal
1​
23​
753​
2​
25​
749​
3​
23​
705​
4​
24​
704​
5​
24​
673​
6​
20​
659​
7​
25​
644​
8​
24​
643​

No, still a scrub, just one who got lots of Dreamteam points.

That he fell away so quickly proves his scrubberdom.

If we get the likes of Will Brodie in we may as well just give up the ghost

Should we look at getting Rory Lobb? He's in his 2nd year of a 3 year contract of 1.5 million naturally not on that deal.l am not a fan of him however if he can help improve our forward line plus help out Xerri in the ruck surely he would be a better option than CCJ.

Is said kpd a shitmen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we look at getting Rory Lobb? He's in his 2nd year of a 3 year contract of 1.5 million naturally not on that deal.l am not a fan of him however if he can help improve our forward line plus help out Xerri in the ruck surely he would be a better option than CCJ.
No Way Cat GIF

Let’s be honest, if he was on our list right now he’d be playing every week.
Should we get him next year, I’m not sure.

For a 2 year deal salary dump I’m fine with this. Pick him up for peanuts

A good stop gap

Can ruck also

Essentially replacing greenwood with a bloke that is a better forward and ruck

I was told today Band 1 is a genuine possibility for Zurhaar.

Cap space for some clubs is at ridiculous levels and the post Covid cap release as well as the CBA increase is much bigger than anticipated by clubs. Not all clubs had CPI/CBA increases and it’s only made their cap space explode even further.

Offers on the table for the likes of Hayward, Zurhaar, Hardwick (ie role players) have to be seen to be believed.

30-40% pay rises from just last year for most free agents.

I was told that Zurhaar may have a bigger offer than McKay did on the table.

$1.5-$2m per season is about to become the new benchmark for elite players.

Our offer to him would be of a such magnitude that just by matching, it would be Band 1 and to exceed...

Of course, the very unlikely scenario would be for zurhaar to leave at a lower offer.

We can do the same thing with uniacke, throw him 5 years at 850k, he can take it or not and leave we get band 1 again.

We might even trade the 2026 first rounders if there are genuine superstars avilable ala L.Neale.

Lobb is a total cat. Steer clear.

Yeah, mos def, his dyed hair and body language gives off this immature vibe of a big baby type.

Those type of players are typically associated with untimely injuries.

Not the players we want to build a team around.

Shoukd we look at taking a punt on the two best state league KPF's in the MSD? Not a Posie of Josie's, but 2 genuine big blokes.

Am I recalling correctly that we overlooked Riccardi in one?

Edit - corrected my shocking auto text.
Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Key back are more or less settled. Clarkson's preference of key back are those of the mobile variety.

When we are starting to look good, we can always pick up a Lake, Frawly, Gibson type.

CHF is the big missing piece and those don't come cheap or easy, it took geelong like a decade to get a cameron in the door.

We might wait for those 'redemption' type to pick up cheap, i.e. Hogan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back